Crafter's Challenge July 10th----July 16th, 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Getting half way through the month!!!!

This week I would like to do some quilted hearts to hide at places. If you haven't heard of it ( I have quite awhile back but never really thought of doing it) you can look up: I found a quilted heart.

Also, would like to try the item that I picked out for the 12 Days of Christmas Swap.

What are your plans for the week?!?!?!?!?

HAPPY HAPPY CRAFTING MY FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Hidden hearts … that sounds neat. I will look that up!

I finished DD30’s cat mat for her living room couch as her decor is greens. I enjoyed the C2C stitch. It was relaxing and therapeutic. :) Now, I am starting another one. Either for DD or DNiece. I have to check on my niece’s decor color.

4C04A7EF-8E2B-48DD-9D91-7A1B89004FB2.jpeg

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I need to finish the tablecloths and napkins for the tea party set we got dgd(6) and would like to set up some Christmas stocking I have cut out for significant others of DCs as well as a stocking for the new arrival in January of 2023. I need to get focused and more mindful of the time, as I have to be done an entire month early.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Finished another set of curtains for the farm. Will need to make some more down the track.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I like that cat mat!
Didn’t get a lot done this week. Finished a sewing project for my husband. Started working on my Christmas cards. Started cutting out a purse. Realized I don’t have enough length in the fat quarters for the straps so I ordered fabric!
Plan to go to Wooster this week for the quilt show. Hopefully I can twist my husbands arm to take me.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
797E183A-0155-4DC0-8FB4-FC3AC7729F09.jpeg

I’m starting another cat mat!

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I'm not a really crafty person. But, my DMom's snowflakes (and that she can no longer do them) + my DD talking frequently about wishing she could learn to crochet like her GMa . . . and that she arranged a really cool "make and take" experience at a customize your own candle shop for my recent birthday, I've found a yarn shop that offers a 3-session beginners crochet or knitting workshop. And DD's 40th is in August. The dates they have posted for the next two sessions won't work for us, and I asked how they proceed if you can't make one of the dates, and she said they'd work with us to set up sessions that will work. So, I'm awaiting her response to a custom calendar event that is actually the 3 Saturdays after the one we can't meet. So, it's looking like both DD and I are taking up crochet, as part of her birthday gift. Note that I USED to crochet back in the day, but don't remember how to do any stitches besides the chain stitch and maybe the double stitch. And, I never learned how to read a pattern. So this should be good!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
That sounds like a great fun idea to do together!!! :)

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Lori, that will be fun to do with DD. I don't follow patterns well----unless VERY easy. My gma could look at something and then make it. Then she would give me the pattern in simple terms that I could follow!

Last night I did do 9 quilted hearts. Have to put the hanger on them yet and the tag. Would like to get a few more done before Kentucky but will see.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I don't follow patterns well----unless VERY easy. My gma could look at something and then make it. Then she would give me the pattern in simple terms that I could follow!
My Mom would pick a new snowflake pattern every year, so no two of my 30+ snowflake ornaments are the same. Unfortunately, her eyes, arthritis, and mental focus no longer allow her to crochet like she once did (including pillowcase edging, doilies, and repairing my great grandmother's hand-crocheted tablecloth. Her memory is so foggy most days that there is no way she could explain how it's done. Hoping this course will allow me to learn the basics and perhaps at least carry on the snowflake tradition, at some point.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I don't follow patterns either. Mom used to crochet alot but I guess we weren't interested when she did and when we wanted to she didn't crochet anymore. took some classes with a lady and she taught us without pattern and no sewing. don't remember it all but ...

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lana ~ I've been making the quilted hearts since before Valentine's Day and sent some to my grandchildren. I've had several reported on the website (IFAQH.com). I wish I had remembered to take one on a recent hike. Warning! They are addictive!

I had a chance to teach DGD (6 YO) a little knitting last week. I hope she can stick with it. I sent her mom a video to review to help her out.

I have so many crafting ideas. I need to get busy! I may be able to finish a knit shawl this week. I'd like to get some sewing done, too. Maybe more of those quilted hearts as well.