Crafters Challenge July 11th---July 17th, 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello!

Seems like several are working on other things in their everyday life.

I am slowly getting some things done around the house and outside. So So So much to do and this working daily is REALLY cutting into the time that I have to do stuff! LOL! About the time I get home and we do supper, you work alittle around here and then time to call it a night.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Did the practice run on the diaper clutch today. It turned out really cute. Will make a minor few changes but I’m happy with it. I’m busy tomorrow so I’m planning to start working on the practice diaper bag Tuesday or Wednesday.

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
I'm hoping to get some knitting done. And I want to make a couple of hearts from a shirt of my friend who passed last year. He was very precious to all of us and was mentor to a couple of my children. His wife sent me a shirt he wore a lot so I could make little somethings for them to remind us all of his love and friendship. I'd like to work on the skirts for my girls some. And I want to work on a zipper bag or two. Other than that, it's more sorting and organizing and hopefully painting.

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Looks like I'm very close to finishing the green prayer shawl. I've also started a more summery one with Bernat Baby yarn in pale blue. It should be very pretty.

On our camping trip, I ended up at a yarn shop and purchased yarn for two pair of socks and a scarf and also got an idea for knitting something for Iris (fingerless mittens).

I have both July BOM patterns printed, so would like to select and cut fabrics for those.

Also, I'm hoping to get the doll hat pieces sewn together for Julia's doll, and just maybe finish a CCS motif for an anniversary card. I also need to get a wedding gift (knit afghan) wrapped.

That should keep me out of trouble. Kathy is coming over today, and I should be able to get some knitting worked on. She will bring a CCS project.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Started sewing the diaper bag practice run today. I have the front and back panels done and they look good!!! Thinking positive about it!

I stopped in Shilo on my way to Columbus this week. I struck gold at the quilt shop. I found a bunch of zipper tape I’ve been looking for. The lining fabric for the diaper bag and some fabric to go with the fabric from my stash for the baby’s Christmas Eve quilt. And I didn’t buy any fabric for me!!!!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I finished the practice run of the diaper bag. I have a nice overnight bag for me! It went together pretty easy. I did have some trouble with stitching the bag bottom. Some of that may have been me. It was late and I was tired but I wanted to get it finished. Will start cutting out and facing the actual bag this weekend. I had to order the hardware and I don’t think that will arrive until the end of next week. I’ll go as far as I can without it, I always have Christmas to work on while I wait.

Attachments

• C8EAF37F-0D9B-4D02-A6E0-43326A8788F2.jpeg
    C8EAF37F-0D9B-4D02-A6E0-43326A8788F2.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 9

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I finished the practice run of the diaper bag. I have a nice overnight bag for me! It went together pretty easy. I did have some trouble with stitching the bag bottom. Some of that may have been me. It was late and I was tired but I wanted to get it finished. Will start cutting out and facing the actual bag this weekend. I had to order the hardware and I don’t think that will arrive until the end of next week. I’ll go as far as I can without it, I always have Christmas to work on while I wait.
That bag is awesome. You have such talent. Your fabric choices are so so good. If I saw fabric like that in the store I would pass it by because I can't envision the way you do. Applause Applause!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Another fabulous bag, Myron's Mom!

I knit practically a whole skein of yarn today, starting another Homespun prayer shawl (in gray) and also worked on the Bernat Softee Baby blue one.

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
It's a beautiful bag, Myron's Mom! Jody is right- your eye for fabric and color is very good. All your bags are very well done.

I've been working on the throws, stitched up the little hearts and have been finding what gifts I want to make yet and putting supply lists together. Still have yet to go through my fabric bins.