Crafters Challenge July 12th------July 18th, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
You guys are so talented!!!!! Love the pictures!

Also, love hearing your ideals.

I need to do a boa and see if I like the combination of the 2 patterns.

Everyday life and work...... so haven't been doing to much.

What are your plans?

HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Morning friends!!!

I've been working on my Christmas Planner project - divider tabs all done. Working on weeding vinyl designs I'm using to decorate the inside cover...

Have to weed designs of iron on vinyl I cut to finish up the potholders.

Still working on the Mrs. Claus ornaments...

DH surprised me yesterday with three new 3-tier wooden shelves for my craft room - I got them all set up and loaded and they are awesome. THEN he brought me a storage until he made with wooden lattice (like for a fence) that I can use to store my rolls of vinyl :) He rocks!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
AJ ~ What a handy and considerate guy to have around!

I finished the August pillowcases yesterday, did the craftermath control from that project, and remembered to take pictures of them.

My embroidery machine has been having tension issues for quite some time. I'm going to take it in for service, but the wait for service is about 3 weeks. I'd better get it in soon so it can get back in time for me to do the September pillowcases.

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
Hi, all. I spent the weekend watching Christmas movies and mystery movies- well, 2 of each- and working on projects.

I made a dozen baby Jesus ornaments and got the lions's share done on 8 poinsettia hearts, gathered materials for another stuffed heart and stitched on some coasters I'm making for Mom. The jury's still out on those- I'm not sure that they are living up to how I envisioned them but we shall see how they are when I've finished.

I want to have a few dozen ornaments made to tuck in with neighbor gifts, teacher gifts, etc plus a few for the kids and us. This year I'm making a variety of them because I'm trying to use what I have on hand for the most part. My bits and pieces of craft materials are beginning to take over so it's time to use them up or pass them on.

AJ- your husband sounds like a keeper. Very sweet!
DJ- Craftermath control- I like that!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
AJ, your husband is a gem!! How nice

Kringle, could you share pictures of your Jesus ornaments? Would love to see them!

Dahlia, I hope they get your machine finished sooner and it’s a easy fix.

Thank you for your kind words about the purse. I just finished the matching wallet and wrist strap. I have the cross body strap part done but the clasps I have are either too big or too small. I need to order some or try to get them in Amish country when I go.
I’m going to work on a small cosmetic bag today and cut the fabric to make a matching market tote. My pet mesh I have on hand is all the wrong colors so I need to add that to my shopping list too.
I need to make a “pantry list” for all the supplies I need for this fall, winter and into spring.

Attachments

• F95E6A76-C5C1-43B5-99FF-8572BE86A828.jpeg
    F95E6A76-C5C1-43B5-99FF-8572BE86A828.jpeg
    147.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 97DA2EE2-40D3-437F-9E7B-2F2D11655E4B.jpeg
    97DA2EE2-40D3-437F-9E7B-2F2D11655E4B.jpeg
    114.3 KB · Views: 13

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
MM that is amazing! wow!

will finish crochet scarf today. Decided to add a line (or maybe 2) as decoration on it (surface stitching). will post pictures soon.

DecemberisComing

Premiere Member
Jun 22, 2020
Illinois
This week I want to complete the top for a t-shirt blanket (12 squares only) and the lady will finish it herself, so far I have only cut the shirts, tomorrow I hope to iron on the interfacing and rotary cut the squares, and make a tentative lay-out for her to approve. Then I hope to sew the three columns on Thursday and then sew the columns together on Friday.

Today I finished 3 more sets of Cookies for Santa and Reindeer Treats, I dropped the Milk for Santa on these last three, but still plan on gifting them with a Sugar Cookie mix and a cookie cutter. The selection of plates at the Dollar Store has been pretty erratic but I don't think it makes a big difference.

Attachments

• image1 (7).jpeg
    image1 (7).jpeg
    973.9 KB · Views: 12
  • thumbnail_IMG_1812.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1812.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 12

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
This week I want to complete the top for a t-shirt blanket (12 squares only) and the lady will finish it herself, so far I have only cut the shirts, tomorrow I hope to iron on the interfacing and rotary cut the squares, and make a tentative lay-out for her to approve. Then I hope to sew the three columns on Thursday and then sew the columns together on Friday.

Today I finished 3 more sets of Cookies for Santa and Reindeer Treats, I dropped the Milk for Santa on these last three, but still plan on gifting them with a Sugar Cookie mix and a cookie cutter. The selection of plates at the Dollar Store has been pretty erratic but I don't think it makes a big difference.
Those are really cute! Especially with a cookie mix and cutter as a gift.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Have gotten another section of the quilt sewn together and the next four blocks cut out.
Have one hat knitted and another one-a crochet one started. They aren’t on my list but I needed some mindless knitting/crocheting while watching some Christmas movies on the tv. They will be for the mitten tree.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DIC, what lovely plates, it will be a fabulous gift.
I am still knitting, just need to do one more sleeve and the band and then sew it up. I am pretty good at making the items, not so good at finishing them but I will keep going until it is finished. I would like to knit a teddy bear at some stage but I need to focus.
I found some wooden hearts that I would like to paint and frame to put on a little wall at the farm.

DecemberisComing

Premiere Member
Jun 22, 2020
Illinois
DIC, what lovely plates, it will be a fabulous gift.
I am still knitting, just need to do one more sleeve and the band and then sew it up. I am pretty good at making the items, not so good at finishing them but I will keep going until it is finished. I would like to knit a teddy bear at some stage but I need to focus.
I found some wooden hearts that I would like to paint and frame to put on a little wall at the farm.

Thanks! I have enjoyed doing them. I have never gotten the hang of knitting, I did master crocheting clothes hangers one year and gave bundles of those as gifts. I would love to see any of your projects!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Myron’s Mom ~ Lovely matching wallet! Your fabric is great.

DecemberisComing ~ What a nice gift idea.

Rose ~ Love that you are thinking about the mitten tree donations for Christmas in July crafting time!

Lucie ~ Beautiful scarves to use up your leftover yarns!

Our weather is so nice here, I haven’t been spending any time in the studio. I did set up my travel sewing machine on the deck yesterday to mend some holes in our RV and boat covers. It was so nice to sew outside! The covers were just too bulky and awkward to want to wrestle around in the studio. I really like a darning feature that is on my machine. I first glued a patch to the area and sewed the edges down, then darned over the rips.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Lucie, scarf weather will be here before we know it. Love to use up leftovers!

Dahlia, would be nice to sit out and sew but the bugs and humidity here, yuck.

I made a little (very little) cosmetic bag yesterday out of the left over fabric. I have a teabag holder to match, just needs a fancy button for the clasp. And I cut out the fabric for the market tote. Going to Shilo on Friday (providing it’s not going to storm) with my cousin. Will look for the fabric for my husbands quilt and the odds and ends I need to finish this purse set. Will try to be good and not add more stuff to my stash lol. Only gift related items!

I think I’ve made some decisions about what I’ll be making during the winter months: for me, 3 scrappy quilts (totes full of old clothes from moms to use up) and a ornament for the exchange next year. I already have backing for one of the quilts so that’s a start. I’m going to go through my supplies to see what I need for ornament making. I'm thinking maybe the ornaments will be my home made gift for Christmas 2021 too.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
AJ very nice of your DH
Myron’s mom Nice set you are making
Lucie Good use of the left over yarn to make scarfs. They will become handy in a few months.
Christmas is coming—cute plate sets. Cookie mix and cookie cutter along with the plates will make a nice gift.

second hat is done and third started. Also have started sewing together the four blocks.

Reactions: DecemberisComing

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Boy are we getting our crafting on or what. I plan to kit up some gifts I planned for Christmas and then see what I need from the store and order it. I will do the pick up at store option at Michael's or JoAnn's.
Everyone is so creative and making such wonderful gifts.