Crafters Challenge July 25th-Aug 1st

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Oh my, next week will be the start of another month!!!!!!

You gals have all did GREAT working on stuff. I can only imagine it will get busier.

I did the one coaster yesterday and I did 3 covers for the drive-up weight thingy at work.

Charlotte, thanks for asking--I will post pictures when done with them.

Since everything fill thru Thrusday by the time we looked at the house and went to the florist we didn't go to Joanns :( so... didn't get a pattern for an apron for the 3 little ones.
Gooseberry Patch has a pattern posted on their blog that I may try.

Should clean today (I have a load of laundry is in and dishwasher is on---what more do you want--LOL) but would like to do more covers and then the coaster at 8" for potholders.

Everybody keep crafting and keep letting us know what you are doing!!!!!!!!!

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
I just finished up my 6 new stockings. I changed up the fabric I thought I was going to use and I think they turned out pretty good. So that's a big one crossed off my list. This week I am going to try a pattern for a traveling jewelry case and get to work on some purse accessories for my daughter. I'm making progress but still plenty to do!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finished my 2 Christmas pillowcases. Need to add $ in them + a poem.

Pics are here in community, pictures & albums.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Snickerdoodle, wow that is a big project done---6 stockings!!!! Sounds like you are movin on.

Lucie, LOVE the pillowcases. I actually saw the picture under Community. Before nothing ever came up when I tried to see after people mentioned it.

charscorner

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2010
Lucie, those personalized pillow cases are sure to be well appreciated. Your children will feel very special and will fall asleep feeling loved.

Lana, those weight covers are very creative. You are certain to see more smiles at the drive up when customers spot the unique weight. Even the grumpiest customer should have a change of mood at least for a few minutes.

Charlotte

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Thanks! I finished the poems today on Christmas paper with a glitter pen & inserted them in the pockets with a $10 bill for each. They are now in the 'elf' tote ready for wrapping.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I finished the second wristlet so another pair is complete.

I've started on the hat with the yarn leftovers.

Since we're not traveling much for the next few days I might not get much done - or even decide on what to do next. I may be in the mood for some papercrafting instead of knitting - although I bought a new knitting magazine today.

supermom315

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Deptford, NJ
HI ALL! not much crafting done here.....going to put down the wolf cross stitch inorder to get working on some Christmas gifts.

I have a question totally unrelated to crafting..... how hard is it to homeschool your child/ren??
It's something I need information about before I consider it.

Vacation this weekend !!!! cannot wait

Thanks all
HAGN
Tina

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Supermom315 I think Mel (happytobeme) has homeschooled her children and I wonder if Lisa hasn't too.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Tina this site will answer your questions about the laws for your state:

http://www.hslda.org/laws/default.asp

There are plenty of resources online for homeschoolers. The major bookstores also have workbooks and other tools to help.

HTH

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Lets see what I have worked on this week That's easy nothing at all. Three of the 4 days I have worked this week I have gone in and opened worked 6 hours then turned around and went in 7 more hours to close then come home sleep two hours and turn around and go back in to open

Now I don't have to worry about any of the wedding stuff they called it off.

Monday starts football and cheerleading. We are still in the middle of racing when his car is in one piece. If it werent for bad luck he would have no luck at all. He rented the track the day before the race that his business sponsers and destroyed the car, 3 weeks of work before it was ready to go back. That night we had VIP status so we were in the tower for the race, so he got towatch the first race in 7 years he has been racing.

We are also still in the middle of softball and baseballs. Makayla's softball team is undefeated so championships here we come for the third year in a row. That is even after the head of the organization split the team in half. Both teams are undefeated but they play each other on Tuesday. So that game is going to be interesting. Can't wait to see which ones win. No matter what they will both make it thru play offs and probley the championship game. Kenny's baseball team is in third place so they will make it to playoffs possibley championship game.

These past few weeks and the next few weeks are rough for me due to my nefew that passed 4 years ago and my bestfriends daughter that passed 16 years ago, so not sure if I will be on or doing any crafting for a while more.

Last edited:

pattycakes

Retire Member
Nov 4, 2007
shutterbugsmd.blogspot.com
This week I'm working on a crocheted baby afghan I started last spring. I have about 20 more rows and 4 rows of border to go. I made god progress last night and can't wait to get it done.

Also need to mount the cross stitched pieces of the Nativity I finished last week and get them into the frame.

Kim--Sorry about the wedding.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Well I did get something done yesturday I finished the bean bag things for my brother for their game. Today I am off so after I take Kenny to get his helmet for the first week of practice I am going to try and work on a couple of things as long as this computer doesn't keep calling my name

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Crafters Challenge Aug. 1st-Aug. 8th

Sounds like KimD and Pattycakes was working the last few days.

Today is Aug. 1st--can you believe it?????

About 4 months and 3 weeks left.

I did do a potholder using the criss cross pattern but I didn't mark the X on the back and just eyed it. Was off a smigden so will keep it.

I have to start on baby items for my nephew and his G/F. She is due around Oct. 31st. They will be home in September for his brothers wedding so want to send stuff back then. It is suppose to be a boy.

Burp rags

bibs

blankets

Would like to sort thru material and get colors out for criss cross coasters for co-workers. I think that will be their Christmas gift. A pack of 6 each. (one likes purple and the other lime green)

Am going to do little denim bags to look like feed bags for my nephew. When he plays farm he can load the bags in a wagon.

Any body getting new ideals?

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Lana is the post above mine what you were looking for?

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Your welcome...I've done that before, knew I posted something then couldn't find it LOL