Crafters Challenge July 28th-August 3rd, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
WELCOME to the end of July and beginning of August!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone is interested in what of sent as the CIJ swap ornaments go to that thread and Jessica posted the pictures. All but her own. She had bells with pipe cleaners that was cute and Teigan loves the bells.

On the snowman I did I will put glitter in first and then the paint on the others that I will do. I ordered the plastic things off Amazon. By the time I would do it at the machines you would have just as much into them. Can make all different sizes.

I really need to see what gifts I will make this year and then get the stuff purchased if need be and get going.

People were moving along last week. So nice to see the offering and exchanging of things.

What is on your list for the week?

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I am still stitching on a sampler. This is a practice one. Who would think you would need to practice sewing Xs but you really do. Directions of the x and exactness does matter.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I want to finish the July CCS owl before the end of the month so I can be caught up. Then I have the June and July cats to kit up and work on; however, that will have to wait till after we get home from the lake (heading home on Friday). In the meantime, I have the prayer shawl with me to work on as well as some knitting I need to get cast on before Saturday when a friend of mine is going to work with me on a pattern. It's the first time I haven't been able to figure out a knitting pattern.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I'm making a commitment here to get one week of Project Life completed. I have been so neglectful and it's time to get my act together.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ the clothes pegs are great.

I need to finish off some stiticheries. They are for the gift closet so no great rush.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
AJ ~ You are amazing! Very nice clips!

I worked on some CCS today. Must get the cast on done before Saturday morning. The sooner the better … tomorrow morning? Then I'll have time if I don't get it right the first time. It calls for a provisional cast on which I haven't done before.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I haven’t posted in on this thread for a while but I have been reading it. You are all so talented! And I love seeing all the pics of what you are making.
Rose I hope your 6 months of therapy goes by quickly and successful.
As for me, I finished the jacket top I was working on and I think I’ll make a few more.
My quilt is finally ready to be quilted. I bought different fabric for the back. I had it all layered and pin basted and was working on my plan to quilt and realized I had flipped 2 of the four patches. So I picked it apart and fixed it. In the mean time I’ve started a dress so I’ll finish that and then get busy quilting.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
This is the covered notebook I made for mum. Also made 10 of these pink hearts for the gift closet

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Must get the cast on done before Saturday morning. The sooner the better … tomorrow morning? Then I'll have time if I don't get it right the first time. It calls for a provisional cast on which I haven't done before.

DJ the provisional cast requires a crochet hook and waste yarn a different colour than the yarn you are using. I found the best method for me was to crochet your stitches right onto your knitting needle instead of doing a chain and picking up stitches from the crochet chain. You tube have some great videos

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Lovely work, Katrina!!!

Good luck on your quilt, Myron's Mom!!!

I finished one of the sunglasses cases yesterday - drew pattern on the next one and just need to start embroidering...

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Thanks for the tips Rose! I didn't bring a crochet hook with me, so might have to see if I can borrow one if someone around here has one. I really wanted to get the cast on done before I head home.

Katrina ~ The heart is precious, and love the notebook cover.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Thanks all. I have just recently started working in felt and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I have bought red, green and white felt today and hope to make some stars.