Crafters Challenge July 31st-Aug. 6th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Welcome to another week!!!!

Don't everybody fall over but I actually cut barbie patterns apart last night and I am hoping to work on some shortly here. If I find fabric in my stash that I like.

Found a couple new patterns for bibs, and have been crocheting on soxs.

Have the paper for the washer necklaces so need to get the washers and diamond glaze.

Everybody keep up the good work!!!! In 5 months will be time for 2012 Challenges! I think Jan. 1st in on a Sunday too!

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
Well, I finally finished all the santa zipper bags that I planned to make. They were definetly a bigger job than I had planned. I got my sewing area cleaned up and started on another project. I'm trying a new design for a hand towel with an ornament applique and a monogram. So far, so good. I'll post a picture tomorrow. I think I will make these for the upcoming shows that I am doing this fall.

Lana, I want to see the washer necklaces when you finish. I don't know what those are. Did you get a chance to work on the Barbie clothes some more today?

We just had a big storm pass thru here this afternoon - I almost forgot what rain looks like. Now we have a flood warning.

Have a great crafting week everyone!!

supermom315

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Deptford, NJ
I"m back!! DS13 has 2 more weeks of summer school then about 5 or 6 weeks until the regular school year starts so I'm trying to get as much done as I can while he's in school. DS5 starts kindergarden this year {ALL DAY kindergarden - happy chair dance}

right now I'm working on my cross stitches for the ufo challenge & planning what to make for gifts this year for craft shows & Christmas.

Happy Crafting!!

Tina

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Carol, couldn't post on your blog but the towels are really cute. could make a nice ornament and use as a name tag too.

I first saw the washer necklace on Little Birdies blog but if you search it there are several sites and you tubes on it. I think they are cute.

Supermom315, good job working on your cross stitch.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I have one more jumper to finish for Emma's cabbage patch then I want to work on more clothes for it

The other thing that I have planed is working on redoing the chair that I bought a few weeks ago. I think I may have found the perfect material for it. Just got to start taking it apart hopefully today.

Cheer starts full force tonight, that along with Kayla having one softball game today at 11, then her little league all stars semi playoff game at 3, cheer at 6 who knows if I will get it started. I do know I am going to have a daughter that will be fast asleep by 8:30 when we get home tonight.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Sounds like everyone is making progress! :)

I have been able to do some work on the Quiet Book - mainly embroidering details onto misc. pieces cut out from stiffened felt...easy but time consuming

I have a baby blog started and as soon as I figure it out I will post some pics of what I've done so far. I need to go shopping one lunch this week to get some more supplies, difference colors of felt, some snaps, velcro, etc.

I'm just so happy to be crafting again!!!!!!!!!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Well I think that the chair redo is going to take a little longer than I planned on. I just spent 10 mins taking the shrink wrap that was around it off and its in a little rougher shape than I thought. I thought that maybe I could save the batting in it but the chair reaks so thats not going to happen. Oh well no big deal the chair is still worth the 10 dollars I paid for it. And will look great in the girls room when its done

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Kim, that chair does look like a nice chair. Can't wait to see it when done.

I am still cutting out barbie clothes. After work I will run by this one store and get some more material. So as of now is my plan.

How is everyone doing?

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I have to make a vest Randa today for her Anime convention tomorrow then I am going to work on the chair today and hopefully get the rest of the fabric off.

Lana thanks I fell in love with the min I seen it