Crafters Challenge July 4th---July 10th, 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Happy Fourth of July Crafters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not think (I know) that crafting will be in my plans this week. :)

What do you guys all have planned to work on?????

Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: jampss

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I finished my friend's son's blanket that was started by his dear grandma who passed. I am not two balls of yarn to finish up the pink one for her daughter. Grandma had the yarn but didn't start it, so I have been making it up as I go.

Reactions: Lana

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I did not get to the sewing room yesterday due to a lot of cooking I did yesterday. Will make up for it later this week. I have family here until Wednesday or Thursday and will spend a good day in there after they leave. My goal is an hour a day.
I have 3 stockings to sew for Dgds. I also want to cut out some doll clothes and PJ pants for them for Christmas.
I am think I will get out the embroidery project and continue working on it.

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
I hope you guys have had a lovely weekend. I've been slowly working on my garage and not much else in my spare time. I have sat and knitted on a throw in the evenings a few times and I started picking out seams on some pants Mom sent over to make a skirt. I think I want to get a dress form. Nothing fancy- just something a little less wiggly than an eight year old. We'll see.

I would like to sort through material and projects I have on the shelves in my craft area but I don't know if I'll get to it. Perhaps I'll get to that when I cannot bear the thought of that garage one day this week. My husband doesn't fly out until tomorrow so it won't be until after then. I've started lists for Christmas and would like to see what I have in there that inspires ideas for my gift list.

Have a great day, y'all.

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
Hi, everyone. I haven't been very grown up about making myself work on that garage, but my craft room is definitely looking better. I have come to the conclusion that I am a craft hoarder. I have found several things I want to make- things I have made in the past and have all these supplies left over but, since I didn't have anyone to make them for at the time, I just stored everything away for 'later' and later never comes. Or I think, I want to make this seasonal something or other but then I tuck it away and forget about it. It's reached the point of the ridiculous. Please tell me I'm not the only one. I had found some stuff in a tote in the garage which started me down this path. Bright side? I have several new/old crafts to work on now. I'm making my way through some fabrics and a couple of boxes and then I may put a new coat of paint on the wall to celebrate.

I have gotten a little bit of knitting done and added some belt loops to some jeans for my husband. I have pinned a bunch of stuff I'd like to make for Christmas.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Kringle, you are not the only one! Every time I clean my room I find things, stashed away for latter, then lost or forgotten. I have a fabric addiction. I have been better (confession - I just ordered some fabric for me) the last year.

I finished the purse I was working on. It’s ok I guess. I’ve decided I’m making the Rivera bag as gifts. I’ve made several and they always look nice. The fabric and stabilizers are cut for them, cosmetics bags and tea bag/ sugar packet holders. But I found out the baby shower is mid September so I cut out fabric for a practice run for the diaper bag and clutch. I’ll get the stabilizer on the fabric tomorrow and start sewing since I have the entire day to my self. Fingers crossed they go well.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Kringle ~ I definitely resemble that craft horder remark. My studio is an obstacle course, since I'm running out of space to store "stuff". I truly need to purge!

We're back from our camping trip which was delightful with granddaughters! We had some fun crafting with yarn making yarn "monsters" or "Martians", bracelents and God's Eyes. Also had a blast with those animal balloons and regular balloons. Didn't get to the water balloons though.

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
DJ- your craft list sounds fun. My mom and I made gods' eyes when I was a girl. They were really popular then but I never see them now. I need to put together some things for my kids to do next month on vacation. How do you make the monsters/martians?

Reactions: Ahorsesoul