Crafters Challenge July 5th---July 11th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Good Morning!

We are on to another HOT week.

Hoping to continue getting a few things done but shall see.

I have a co-workers shirt that I need to fix the hem line on the sleeve today. Have had it a few days but had to get thread yesterday for it.

Once again you guys got several nice things done and are in the progress of doing some more.

What is on your agenda for this week??!?!?!?

Looking forward to seeing pictures.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I brought knitting, CCS and shamrock ornaments (which would require my sewing machine) with me to the lake as possibilities until we get home on Wednesday afternoon. At that point, I need to get the August pillowcases done and, of course, I have a host of other crafts to evaluate. Some craftermath control in the studio is definitely still needed, too.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I want to finish the scarf using the tunisian crochet and start the heels on the knitted socks

Reactions: Lana

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Greetings all!

I had a productive long weekend!!!

Finished a tote bag for a friend:

https://flic.kr/p/2jiCeqP
And a small canvas bag for MIL that will go with a larger tote bag I've yet to iron the pattern on to:

https://flic.kr/p/2jiCesC
And I've finished all but the last side of the last tab of the dividers for the Christmas Planner:

https://flic.kr/p/2jiCngd
https://flic.kr/p/2jiFmre
https://flic.kr/p/2jiFmsm
https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/50082590663/in/album-72157714993252547/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/50083173166/in/album-72157714993252547/

I will be working on finishing this up and then getting started on all the pages to fill it - which I have but have to reduce to the smaller size that will fit the album!

Have a couple more potholder designs to create and cut.

I've made good progress on the 3 Mrs. Claus ornaments in progress - sequins sewn onto coat trim for all...started on the first skirt last night...

Lots to keep me busy!!!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Beautiful work Aunt Jamelle!

I finally finished by knitted "Hanukkah Shawl" The Fiber Tree puts together both a Hanukkah and and Advent package of yarns and a pattern. You don't know what it is until you get it. I just ordered mine for this year so I'm pleased I finished the one for last year!

Next I will work on a cowl for a friend. She even forgot I was making it which is good - no deadline and it is summer anyhow;)

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
Hi, guys. I'd like to join you if I may. I have started on some Christmas gifts, along with a few birthday gifts and just because I wanna items. You guys are so inspirational in all you get done and do such beautiful work. I'm hoping joining you will keep me on track.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Welcome Kringle.
I actually got home from work last night and worked on my knitting for a while which was very relaxing. I had to undo a little as somehow I mucked up the decreasing for the arm holes. Hopefully I am back on track.

Last edited:

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Happy to have you join us Kringle!
AJ, you have been busy!! All kinds of beautiful things.

Working on a purse right now. My cosmetic bag had a oops yesterday. Will have a re- do on it later. It’s one of those patterns that has unfinished seams on the inside which drives me nuts. It’s a cute little bag though and that’s why I was making it.

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
Thank you for the welcome! I am working on a couple of ornament ideas and knitting a couple of throws for November birthdays. I have a list of things I need from Hobby Lobby and Joann's for other ornaments, hairbows and toys. My hope is to get a good start this month on my Christmas lists, at least getting materials and kitting things up to work on as I can.
AJ- your cricut items are lovely! I have a small machine but I have no idea how to use it. :rolleyes:I need to make myself sit down and learn.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I have a small machine but I have no idea how to use it.

If it is a Cricut machine I would be happy to chat anytime to give you any tips and tricks - or point you to good resources!!!!

Not too much progress to report...did some work on the Mrs. Claus ornaments...weeded a large complex vinyl image...that's about it!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
AJ ~ You're the queen of the craft thread! Such beautiful work. How many gifts are you making? Your gift closet must be jam packed.

Kringle ~ Glad to have you joining us.

I did a tiny bit of CCS yesterday. That's all!

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Finished the back pf the cardigan last night, it is so tiny that it did not take long. Will cast on the front today.
I have a few things that need starting but am enjoying knitting so they can wait for now.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I'm hopping back on the crafting wagon.
It's funny - so many people have been posting on Facebook all of the amazing things they're doing with their spare time, but I didn't get any of that. My days became longer and busier. When DH was home it meant doing dishes more often (why do men require a pot, two pans, two spatulas, a cutting board, five knives, a grater, and two whisks to cook an egg?), spending time with the kids to make sure they didn't interupt meetings, sitting with them to make sure they were being safe online, etc.
I fell way behind on my crafting.
Since the little stores like the craft store are still closed I'm relying on my stash to try to make Christmas gifts.
I'm going to make a pair of thrummed mittens for each of the girls if I can make the yarn stretch far enough. They'll be stripey!
I'd like to try to make some masks, but the needle broke off of my sewing machine. Apparently the needle is not a permanent part of the machine and I shouldn't have used it for 7 years. I'm going to attempt handsewing a few as they're talking about making them mandatory and I don't have any for the kids. I have one for myself that I was making when I broke the needle.

Aunt Jamelle - I love that bag. I saw a shirt that said "I run on coffee and Christmas cheer!" That might make a nice slogan for something too!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
How many gifts are you making? Your gift closet must be jam packed

LOL - I have honestly not stopped to count recently! I probably don't want to know! :)

I saw a shirt that said "I run on coffee and Christmas cheer!" That might make a nice slogan for something too!

I absolutely LOVE that! I need a bag for myself too! That might just be the "one"!!!

I've continued to work on the Mrs. Clauses - making good progress! I think it definitely helps to be making several at once - more assembly line like - I sew all the skirts, I sew all the sleeves, etc. I might be imagining it but it seems to go quicker...

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Riviera hand bag is done. Went together pretty well except I broke a needle. Forgot to change the needle position after I changed the feet.

Attachments

• 37EF099F-9D41-4C43-B813-919A96998705.jpeg
    37EF099F-9D41-4C43-B813-919A96998705.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 14
  • D29D35D1-1284-41A1-9C75-4E0D18C21694.jpeg
    D29D35D1-1284-41A1-9C75-4E0D18C21694.jpeg
    159 KB · Views: 15
  • 084850A2-48C8-49B5-BAC5-FA3D5E03B02D.jpeg
    084850A2-48C8-49B5-BAC5-FA3D5E03B02D.jpeg
    151.8 KB · Views: 15