Crafters Challenge July 5th---July 11th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
MM that bag is beautiful! you have talent.

Finished the blue / white scarf (with tunisian crochet) ... will either be given to family at Christmas or the homeless. Started a new scarf 2 days ago (just normal crochet)... ran out of wool and just needs another 6 inches. will find another yarn to add to both ends and make it longer. That one was really quick

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
Thank you, AJ. I may have to take you up on that offer. I seem to be intimidated by the thought of starting or something.

MM- that bag is really beautiful. You do lovely work!

I did get to HL but they don't have any of their Christmas in July out. Just the display racks with signs taped on saying that's what should be there. Nobody seemed to know when it will be out, either. I was hoping to pick up some miniature Christmas ornaments for a few I-Spy ornaments I'm making. I did get most of the other things I needed and have started happily cutting and sorting so that I can sit in the evening and assemble while I watch tv.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Myron's Mom ~ What a professional job you did on that bag! My sewing machine has a "stitch width safety" setting, to help with the breaking needles issue. It doesn't really help if you don't remember to set it though. LOL

I should be able to get an anniversary card made today with a CCS motif that I finished last night. Looks like some nice weather might draw me out of the studio into the garden though.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
... have started happily cutting and sorting so that I can sit in the evening and assemble while I watch tv.
I'm always "saving" hand work to do in the evenings in front of the TV. It's perfect! I get a lot accomplished and it keeps me from falling asleep. DH falls asleep, and I tell him he should learn to knit. LOL

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
MM that bag is beautiful.
Still knitting here, I have a lot of different projects on the go at the moment and I am tempted to work on something else but I really have to concentrate and get a few things finished. I will end up with a whole lot of UFO's if not careful.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Riviera hand bag is done. Went together pretty well except I broke a needle. Forgot to change the needle position after I changed the feet.

Did you have a pattern for it? I want to make one to use on for my Bible, Sunday school book, and a notebook on Sundays.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Did you have a pattern for it? I want to make one to use on for my Bible, Sunday school book, and a notebook on Sundays.

The Riviera is from Pink Sands Beach designs. I think they are out of California. Most of the quilt shops here carry some of their patterns and some of their hardware. The pattern is well written and a quick sew.

The Tuscany Tote (pink sands) is a little bigger bag. I’ve not made one yet but it looks pretty easy too. Pink Sands has a nice selection of bags on their website.
Hope this helps!

Reactions: missjane