Crafter's Challenge July23rd---July 29th, 2023

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I thought there was quite abit of activity on the thread last week!

Love all the stuff you guys are getting done!

DD, cute how the other one wanted one.

What will you do this week?

Craft Away My Friends!!!

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
This week is the Chicago Yarn Crawl. Before I buy any new yarn, I need to go through what I have on hand and determine what I will do with my growing stash of yarn. I don't think I really need anything, but it will be fun to explore new-to-me shops.

I do need to determine what I'm going to do with the scarf I made last fall, if I'm going to keep it as-is (so more of a cowl than a scarf) or if I'll rip it out and start over to learn where I went wrong. I also want to begin on some fall decor, but that would mean putting my sweater aside. Hmmm ... need to think on this some.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Sonja has picked out the fabric she wants for her purse. I will try to get it done this week. I've been making some headway on the November CCS birthstone gnome and a little knitting on a scarf.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I've started knitting something called the Boneyard Shawl and I have to find where I left off on my next UFO.

Minor other crafting too.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Working on the final UFO today. Iris taking a lot f time waiting for the wood glue to dry. After that I will embellish. So probably won’t get completed today.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Finished the Christmas purse yesterday. The wallet is almost done- need to add the card slots and zipper pockets to the body and few rivets. Probably Tuesday before I get back to it.

Reactions: jampss

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Halimer. I have made three shawls using the Boneyard shawl pattern. Two of them I used Estelle magic shawl cotton so I made a slight change to the pattern doing the knit two rows in order when there was a colour change in the yarn used instead of the every 12 rows. The third was a hand dye yarn that had vary shades of the same colour. Nice thing about that pattern is you can make it larger or smaller.

This week is to continue knitting on the second sock, skirt and cards.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I have made three shawls using the Boneyard shawl pattern
Rose - I'm just using a variegated green/blue/purple yarn. It's working up nicely.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Finished up the last UFO this morning. Ahhhhh....... I would l like to make some pumpkins for deocrating but will wait until I decorate may not need them. I just really like them. I am thinking I will scale down my decor with the hopes of storing all but Christmas decor in one bin, But I just love the colors of fall and will most likely not be able to do scale. All of Fall is in one bin now. I don't decorate for Halloween just fall.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Oh goodness! I have 2 totes full of fall upstairs- my annalees, table clothes, etc, decorative shower curtain for 1st floor bath etc. and another tote in the basement - fall florals and fake pumpkins (like you get at Michaels) and a few giant pumpkins in bags hung on shelves. That’s after I got rid of stuff….
Finished my Christmas purse and wallet. This purse isn’t as structured as the one with leather. Next time I’ll use a little more stabilizer with all quilting cotton.

Attachments

• F6A20578-B101-4FE6-8913-C06FBADB7781.jpeg
    F6A20578-B101-4FE6-8913-C06FBADB7781.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 7

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
Oh goodness! I have 2 totes full of fall upstairs- my annalees, table clothes, etc, decorative shower curtain for 1st floor bath etc. and another tote in the basement - fall florals and fake pumpkins (like you get at Michaels) and a few giant pumpkins in bags hung on shelves. That’s after I got rid of stuff….
Finished my Christmas purse and wallet. This purse isn’t as structured as the one with leather. Next time I’ll use a little more stabilizer with all quilting cotton.
It's just lovely!

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I ordered 6 skeins of yarn and a set of ergonomic crochet hooks, and 2 skeins of yarn and the hooks were waiting for me on the porch this morning. I will be crocheting hats and scarves for the troops for Christmas care packages, through an organization I found on the site Justserve.org. I'm not fond of camouflage colors, but it's what they want.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Myron's Mom ~ You're getting to be quite the "bag lady". They are wonderful!

I finished Sonja's messenger bat which turned out cute. Kids have such wild tastes. She picked fabric with hummingbirds and wanted a beluga whale machine embroidered on it.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I started another knit cowl that will be easy to work on when riding in the car. It's appropriately called Copilot Cowl.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Debbie ~ I'm a copilot knitter also, and I may have knit that cowl before. I love using sock yarn for scarves. A friend gave me a pin that says "roadtrip knitter".

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
At around 3:36 marker … she she is talking about a Dollar Store resin art project! Who knew?!

Reactions: Rose94 and Lana

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Well, I really added to my yarn stash during the Yarn Crawl, and have several projects to get in to in the coming weeks. I have 3 skeins of yarn for making autumn leaf coasters, a scarf kit to crochet (I got one in teals, DD got the same one in purples), yarn for a hat for her for Christmas, and yarn for fingerless gloves to try to crochet (free pattern from my local yarn store) ... among a few other things. What WAS I thinking!!!!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Myron's Mom ~ You're getting to be quite the "bag lady". They are wonderful!

I finished Sonja's messenger bat which turned out cute. Kids have such wild tastes. She picked fabric with hummingbirds and wanted a beluga whale machine embroidered on it.
Dahlia, for some reason I love making them. I’m not sure why. It’s a different satisfaction from quilting, maybe because it doesn’t take as long for a finished project?
Was about to finish the purse I was working on but husband decided he needed dinner so I guess I’ll finish tomorrow.
The yarn crawl sounds like fun, would be something my cousin would enjoy as the knitter in the family. Ohio is having a state wide quilt shop hop the month of august. I might hit a few of the shops.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Jampss our dollar trees here are nothing like the one in the video.
Lori. Glad you had fun on the yarn crawl. We don’t have them here but we do get a knitters fair (put on my the city knitting guild) and I still have a couple projects from last years to knit up. The next one is in six weeks. I must make sure I’m careful that I don’t get to many projects piling up like I do for quiltin.