Crafters Challenge June 10-16th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Another week and then it will be halfway thru June!!!!!!!! And halfway to CIJ!!!!

This week I have to start making some burp rags, and bibs for a shower for Jaymees best friend which will be on July 1st. She will be Lily.

Also need to work on my CIJ swap ornaments.

Everybody seems to be getting some stuff done and I know with CIJ coming and we are on the down slide to Christmas that we will all be starting more.

So nice to see some of our old posters back!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

What are your plans for this week????

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
Hi Lana and fellow crafters!!

I have been MIA all spring. School is finally out and I can get back on track for a little bit.

I started making monogrammed hair bows this week. I had a request and am not too comfortable making bows. So, I've been practicing and perfecting and I think I've finally got it. I just ordered ribbon and need to wait for that to arrive and then I'll be good to go.

I just started knitting a pair of socks. I learned how to knit socks a couple of years ago, cuff down. Now I am reversing it and knitting them from the toe up. I like this method much better! I'm getting more comfortable with knitting and trying to branch out from just scarves. I've found a lot of patterns that I'd like to try on Ravelry. Just need more time....

Have a great week!!

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
I really, REALLY hope to get started on the strip quilts for two of my grandkids. If I get the strips cut, that will be a BIG load off my mind!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Hello all! :) Sounds like there are a lot of fun crafting plans for this week!

I am continuing work on my ornament projects. I've hot glued up the paper part of another book paper/glitter ornament and have gotten about half way through that part on another one.

I plan to get through all 5 of them - the slow part using the hot glue to stick all the little paper squares on - and then I'll do the glitter shapes and banners with wording that really finish them off!

I am also almost finished with my felt giraffe ornament. The felt ornaments are good projects to work on in the evenings while watching TV with DH. The paper ornaments I only can work on during nap times, etc. when DS is not around - worried about him touching the glue gun.

So my next felt ornament project I've got lined up is a little puppy dog viewed from the side. Found a cute pic online of a similar project and used it as inspiration to draft my own pattern. Doing this one if diff colors etc.

Home with a feverish little man today, though, so the week is probably not off to a productive start! Just the way it is sometimes! :) Happy crafting, all!!!

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Pam, glad you posted. What size of strips you doing? Could you use jelly rolls if you found the right colors? They are 2 12" stips by 45" long.

Lana, I bought 1 yard pieces of felt, and I'll cut off the selvages. Then cut 9" strips the width of the fabric and sew them together like a rag quilt. I saw on a blog a few years ago that a lady made one for a baby. I just happened to print out the instructions. Then I decided to make them for Lindsay and Samuel, since I made Tyler a fleece rag quilt this past Christmas.

I'll use 3 different prints/solids for the top, and back each one with the solid. I have the batting already and some of the fabrics, too. Oh, the fabrics are all flannels. It will be warm in the winter.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Well, DS took a nice long nap yesterday, so I finished hot gluing up another book page ornament! :)

And then yesterday evening I finished sewing the felt giraffe ornament as well.

Tonight I plan to start work on the felt puppy ornament - we will see how the evening goes!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Not too much to report - I've gotten the felt monkey ornament pattern drafted, cut out, then traced on felt. Got those pieces cut out and put in a baggie with the beads and button I'll use for the eyes and nose.

Did all that 2 nights ago, last night I didn't make it to crafting. Worked on the budget with DH instead. Whew! That took a while! But it needed to be done! :)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I managed to make the eyes, wings & stomach of one of the amigurumi penguins I'm doing for the kids. I found all the wool I need to finish it.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Pam, the quilts sound like a very nice pattern.

AuntJ, your ornaments sound so pretty.

Lucie, you are getting a good jump on Boo Bash.

We worked on the shower gift for the John Deere tractor thingy. I think it will be cute--hoping.

Glad to see more action on the thread.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Got a little more work in last night. Got about 3/4ths of the way done hot gluing up another ornament! :) Little by little...

Grammyk

Retire Member
Jan 14, 2008
Carol, I would like to see or know more about the monogram hair bows you are making. Sounds like a project I could get into for DGDs