Crafter's Challenge June 12th--June 18th, 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I went this evening and purchased some items for family/friend ornaments.

I have the items for the 12 Days of Christmas picked out--waiting for material to go on sale this coming week.

Also got the packaging for for CIJ ornaments-so need to get them wrapped up.

I also need to start sewing for the baby. (nephew due in August)

Slow week--last week!

What are your plans this week?

HAPPY HAPPY CRAFTING, MY FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Oh! A new nephew is fun!!

I was seeing that foam pads for chairs are on sale at Hobby Lobby. Our dining room table was "new to us" a few years ago from Craig's List. Well, the chair seats are now past their prime. They were fake looking leather and it's all cracked. Soooooooooooo, I thought I could buy foam inserts and get some material and make new covers. I think though ... I still would want plastic over the material???? To be able to wipe them clean. Hmmmmmmmm. I know this sounds silly but DS18, never seems to eat OVER the table and drops food on his lap, pant legs, the chair. o_O :rolleyes:

Is there a material I could use that 'wipes' clean easy?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Is there a material I could use that 'wipes' clean easy?
My loungeroom couch is made of microfibre. It actually is very easy to clean.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Jampss, Joann’s sells outdoor fabric. It’s is supposed to be fade proof, water resistant, resists mildew. I’ve used it my sunroom curtains and to recover my cushions for the porch furniture. They also have had some nice vinyl that might work. I’ve scotch guarded this with success but it does “wear out” so things need to be re - guarded

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Jampss there is a lot of beautiful outdoor fabric that would work. Have heard a lot of designers on shows lately say they are using them on pillows/chairs etc.

Still working on block two of a quilt. Have the bird crown and a bunny to add to the block. Haven’t been up to doing much crafting as it’s been so nice out. Have been pulling the colouring book out in the evenings lately.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings All!

We had a lovely week with family. The only crafting I was able to do is to make a few IFAQH hearts with Julia and Valentin as well as just a wee bit of knitting on my afghan.

I have more yarn for a couple more shawls that I would like to make for two of my nieces, so I may try to get one of those started.

I started on a CCS frog last night that will be for Valentin's calendar (2024 probably). He's in line for his monthly pillowcases beginning in 2023. I have most of the fabrics purchased.

I'm also trying to get started on the Christmas crafting. Many items are already planned but not started yet.

Oh ... and I still have some belated BD placemats to make for DD#1. Perhaps those will end up being for Christmas. She did get the coordinating table runner on her BD.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Block two of a quilt I am working on is done. Have cut out and sewed together the backgrounds for blocks 3 & 4.

Have started sewing together the table topper blocks but had to do a little taking apart as I sewn the triangles together on the wrong side. Need to make some notes about the cutting. I did all the cutting as instructed and when I when to start sewing today the triangles I noticed that I had twice as many dark pieces than light. Turns out as I took a closer look than she had us cut all those extras for a more random choice. Seems strange as it’s a scrape type of topper—31 different fabrics.