Crafters Challenge June 14-20th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I haven't been posting on the crafter's challenges for a while, but I have been slowly working away on a knitted cardigan for a dNiece (I am doing size 6-9 months, in the hopes it will still fit by the time I'm finished - she's 3 months already!!). The back is almost finished (I had to transfer it to a round needle as I couldn't measure while a passenger in the car last week, so I started the front on the straight needles then) - it only needs another 2-3 cms and a final shaping row. I have just done the eyelet row on the left side (it will be held together by a ribbon tie, just at the waist), and this needs a shaping row, another 2 cm knit, then casting on for the sleeve and another 13 cm knit. I need to finish the back by the time I finish the L front, as there is a 2 stitch bind off involved (which means there is no seam to sew on the top!!). And then knitting the right front side. And sewing the side seams and the under side of the arms. And threading the ribbon.

With any luck, and a few hours of concentration, I could be finished before the end of this month.

So I will be concentrating on that, but I also want to pay some attention to my sewing projects and try to get some started again. As I have a load of things to do for this Christmas that I have yet to start. I may even, if work is not too busy (and I am hopeful on this for a change) take a day off and devote it to crafting!!

What are you all up to this week?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
June goal:
- Finish wine-cork ornaments

Since I will have 2 friday off (the 25th & the 2nd) I plan to finish them there.

Left to do before Christmas:
- Alter fabric lunchbox for dniece's felt food
- 2 Christmas pillowcases
- 1 crochet horse

For halloween:
- TONS of crafts left to do.