Crafters Challenge June 14th---June 20th, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
June is HALF gone my friends!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those parents were right when telling us not to wish our life away-------LOL!

GREAT progress everybody!

My front door is done and hope to put wreath up tomorrow and the hello. Left the hello weathered looking but might do it black will see how it will look from the road when it gets up.

The dresser is ready for the top to be done and if it doesn't turn out will repaint it white or pink too like the drawers and sides will be white and between the drawers.

The CIJ ornaments will get wrapped this week. Since the way stores have been--won't have the wrapping I was planning to do!

What are the plans on your agenda this week?

HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I was up earlier than I expected so I sat and cut out Raggedy Ann's clothing. I hope to sew and stuff the body today so I can start sewing on the hair. Dgd's birthday is on July 10th and I would love to give it to her then. A long a nothing comes along to disrupt my plans it shouldn't be a problem. I will keep at it as you know something always comes along....

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I have one top done except for the outer border. 3 more to go. The background fabric is one that gets thready quickly. I’ll put it on just before I sandwich it to quilt. Rest of the pieces parts are pinned in order and ready to sew the other tops.

sounds like everyone has a busy week planned!

Attachments

• 41EBD02D-47D3-4697-B35F-108CF6F89F75.jpeg
    41EBD02D-47D3-4697-B35F-108CF6F89F75.jpeg
    142.6 KB · Views: 13

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I must get something done this week. It is so easy to let other things take priority and then I find myself behind and playing catch up.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
MM, that quilt is amazing, I love it.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
MM, that quilt is awesome.
Well, I met my goal today and got Raggedy Ann's body done today. She is still bald though. I cut out the 15" size that I thought I made the other granddaughters but it looks smaller. Oh, well at least she will know which one is her's by size. I will do the hair next. I am not sure if I have enough of the yarn for it so will mix up the different color reds and blend it. Maybe by the end of the week I will have it all done. It depends on how much help DH needs from me in repairing the parts of the wall that had to have paneling pulled off to fix the cracks.

A very satisfying day today.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Wow! Things getting accomplished here on the board today.

Mryons Mom, Awesome quilt---Love it!

I received a panel yesterday from Missouri Star Quilt. Has a church on it with 3 or 4 deer standing in the snow. Will file it away.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
The quilt is LOVELY!!! I have always greatly admired quilters!!! My grandmother on my father's side did it by hand - tiny, tiny little squares of fabric sewn together one at a time! Such patience!

I had a productive weekend!

Finished several greeting cards:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/50008259808/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/50008791286/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/50009052567/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/50008790791/in/dateposted-public/

That last one was for some friends who had their 10th wedding anniversary on Friday. The wife asked me to do her a favor last minute on Friday and make this:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/50009052757/in/dateposted-public/

The words behind the glass are to their wedding song :)

I also made them a set of etched glasses - it's hard to see in pic below but they say "Ten Years Down - Forever to Go!"

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/50008790906/in/dateposted-public/

Last, but not least, I did the set of two flour sack towels for my niece for Christmas:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/50008259383/in/dateposted-public/

I also went to the Dollar Tree - TWICE - to get crafting blanks, supplies, etc. A friend who heard I was looking for stemless wine glasses let me know which store had them - they are NICE too, big and good weight. I got over 30 of them for various gift sets and some extra for us to keep.

Found lots of other crafting supplies including picking up some pot holders that I will do iron on vinyl of, and cute little notebooks that I will dress up with adhesive vinyl for gifting. Very happy with my purchases and can't wait to dive in!!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
AJ ~ More great work from you!

Myron's Mom ~ Lovely quilt! That was a lot of piecing! Did you tell us who gets it? I can't remember. It would sure be a beautiful gift for a housewarming!

Rose ~ The sloth plant hanger is adorable. Lovely piece of wood, too.

I'm really not accomplishing much crafting these days. Summertime is keeping this month busy with camping (last week) and travelling to the lake (this week), plus garden work when we are home. Sunday I spent my energy exercising and then helping DH clean up the boat so we can get it launched. We will have company visiting at the lake, so I did the food planning and prep yesterday along with some gardening. Okay, thanks for listening to all my excuses which boils down to "life getting in the way".

I did find a little time to research the problem I had with the serger which had stopped cutting. Turned out I had inadvertently moved a lever which disengaged the blades, so it was a simple matter of flipping it back. I like to use the serger for pillowcases rather than sewing a French seam. I will probably need to finish the June pillowcases next week when we get home from the lake. They will be fairly quick to stitch up. I want to mail them by the 25th.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
AJ, love the cards!
Rose, oh my gosh! The sloth planter is so cute!
Dahlia, all those pesky knobs on the sergers give me fits! I need to laminate my reference card for my machine so I don’t wear it out.

Thank you all for your kind words about the quilts. I’m making 4 identical ones except for the backings. 2 are for my 2 cousins that I’m closest to, we have become more like sisters than cousins over the last 10 years or so. The other 2 are for the “ breakfast club” girls. The 3 of us have had breakfast pretty much once a month ( well until recently) for the last 5 years. Will continue working on the 3 tops this week. Then I NEED to clean up my sewing room. Driving me nuts. I’ll start quilting after that.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Heeeellllllloooo friends!!!

I have made a small amount of progress sewing the Mrs. Claus ornament...

Made one more etched glass - the last in a set of 3 for my oldest sister - it's an inside joke and says "Gummy Bear Bandits" :) A very very long time ago we went over to the house of a boy she liked and sneaked up in the dark to leave a bag of his favorite gummy bears on the porch before knocking and running away. So we've always joked about it ever since...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/50016143163/in/dateposted-public/

I actually washed and removed stickers from ALL of the glasses I recently bought - all 27 I had left!

I also spent time in a little side project I have where I am organizing all my cut files - Cricut Design Space gets funky if I upload too many things so I'm saving them in a directory and making a Word doc with pictures of each one so I can browse as needed and import as needed...

My page protectors came!! So I can finish my younger sister's recipe binder now!

Hoping to etch more glasses tonight!