Crafters Challenge June 17th-23rd

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello my friends!!!

Another week beginning and what will it find you doing?

The weather is to be in 90's so I am thinking I will be in more. Crafting sounds like a very nice way to spend the evenings but looking around cleaning should come first, shall see.

Looking forward to hearing and seeing what you all are working on!

Hope we all have a week with accomplishing things!!!!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Whew! It is going to be HOT this week! :)

My crafting plans include:

- Put finishing touches on 4 book page/glitter ornaments; have glitter stars ready and banners printed, just need to cut banners, then hot glue everything up!

- Work on/Hopefully complete felt puppy ornament

- Draft pattern/Cut pieces for one additional felt ornament project

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
My plans include:

~Putting together my recipe binder (with crafty title pages for each section)
~a wreath for the front door
~find a pattern for a throw for my den to knit.

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
Hey everyone!

I am still working on monogrammed hair bows. I am almost finished. But now I need to make something so they can be displayed in the shop. I've got an idea, I just need to make it work.

I finished knitting a pair of socks last week and just cast on for a hat. Haven't made a hat yet, so I picked a pattern that looked like I could handle easily.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Carol~do you have an etsy shop? I love your work and would love to see the hair bows for dd.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
AuntJ, you sure are working on alot of ornaments. How many people are you making them for? They are very cute patterns from the sites.

Lisa, can't wait to see the recipe book when you finish it. What color are you going to do the throw in? Glad to see you posting on the thread.

Carol, have missed you posting here. Was wondering what you were working on nowadays. Be sure to post pictures on your blog.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thanks, Lana! :) I am doing a lot of ornaments this year! 14 total! :) Usually I buy ornaments and I'm saving $ in our Christmas budget by making them. Just had to get in gear early!!!

5 Book Page/Glitter Ornaments - DONE! As of last night! Woo hoo!!!

9 Felt Ornaments in various shapes/styles - 5 of those are done as well

I have a TON more hand crafted gifts planned for this year, but I want to get these out of the way first and then I'll start tackling the rest of them!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
OK! I completed one greeting card project yesterday! My oldest friend and I will be celebrating our 20 yr anniversary this Sept and I found the perfect card design a while back to send to her to mark that occasion. So that is done and waiting to be used!

I also got to about the half way mark on finishing the felt puppy ornament. If I'm lucky I won't be too tired after I get home from the gym tonight to at least spend a small amount of time working on it. :)

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Almost done on felt puppy ornament. Just need to tack on the ear, the tail and the ribbon to hang it with! Should be done tonight!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Small update - finished the puppy ornament and made a small start on the felt monkey ornament. It is the most complicated felt ornament I've tried yet. All the arms, legs, the tail are their own pieces to be sewn and stuffed and attached to the body/head

It should turn out really cute, but it is going to take a bit longer - which is fine!

QUESTION - Does anyone have any experience with finding felt that is NOT acrylic in local stores? Like JoAnn's or anything like that? Hobby Lobby does not carry anything but the acrylic kind and it frays and pills so badly after any amount of handling.

The cheap craft felt is fine for ornaments that will hang on a tree and only be touched to be put up and then put away - but I want to move on to projects for little dolls and toys, etc.

I have a feeling I'll have to order online and that the cost might be high. Just wondering if anyone has already been down this road?

Same question goes for non-pilling fleece - has anyone seen that in store anywhere? Or is that another one that has to be ordered online?

:)

Happy crafting!!!

CORRECTION! Just went back and looked at my original pattern and I still need to add a little bandana with a dog bone embellishment to the puppy ornament! It will totally add to the cuteness factor so I am going to pull the little guy back out of the "Finished Projects" shoebox and take care of that! Can't believe I forgot!!! {smacks forehead!}

Last edited: