Crafters Challenge June 20th-June 26th, 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello Fellow Crafters!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a good crafting week last week with the baby sewing I did and finishing up the CIJ swap ornaments.

I probably mentioned it before but my nephew had a fire in Texas with a large shed and it burnt up all his Christmas items. My sister said he was real upset over losing the items people made for them and the items like that. So I have to try to remember all the ornaments I made in past years and try to make him some. That is what I need to try to work on and see if I have the items to make them.

What are you going to be working on? Have about 6 months till Christmas so do you have your ideals of gifts you are making to give? I know several have them done and probably wrapped.

Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I had a reasonable week but still feel so far behind.
Need to varnish the plant saucers. Will be sitting with Mum on Thursday and working on the bunting. It's time to ask for help and avoid getting overwhelmed.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I doubt I’ll get much done this week because we will be busy. I have 2 pairs of jeans to hem for me. Plan to do that tomorrow.
Finished a practice run on the Appaloosa bag. I followed the directions since it was my first time. So much bulk in the bottom of the bag- both my machines said “ I’m not doing that”. I’ll try again next week. I have notes as to what I’m going to change as I really like the bag. (There’s a zipper pocket on the inside but you can’t see it in the photo. )
Have a great week everyone. I hope you get everything done that you have planned.

Attachments

• B8094FA4-E032-440E-86ED-E26337AED4B3.jpeg
    B8094FA4-E032-440E-86ED-E26337AED4B3.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 6
  • 56758960-5440-479E-98E6-F55070570AAC.jpeg
    56758960-5440-479E-98E6-F55070570AAC.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
C0B0B2F8-62AF-4278-ADA3-0A3C431F953B.jpeg

I’m finishing this blanket that my friend’s mom started. Grandma was making it for her grandson, age 11. My friend’s mom recently passed. I also have a pink one for granddaughter, 9. Grandma was teaching granddaughter to crochet, so I think I will let her work on it with me. They are just a simple granny square in the round.

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
Hey, there. I think I'm still recovering from the birthday party because I am so not energetic at the moment. Mom gave me some of her clothes to go through to use for projects- I've been doing some clothing refashioning over the years for my girls' school needs. They have to wear skirts or dresses below the knee and so many manufacturers just don't make them that long. So I've gotten to where I make mainly skirts so I can make them the length I need. Plus, I'm frugal and remaking things fits my budget. So I've been slowly making my way through the bags to see what material will work. I'm pretty basic with my sewing skills, so nothing fancy. But I like the challenge and Mom likes to see the results. I need to knit but I've been lazy about it. And the girls' room is still a work in progress. I'm just feeling unmotivated to tackle all these projects for some reason. I AM starting to look forward to some Christmas in July fun, though. So many ideas.......

Lana- Yay on making all the things!!! I'm sure it felt good to get things made. I am also sure your nephew will appreciate you making him new treasures.

Amelia- You are such a talented seamstress. I love the bag! Such pretty colors.

Jampss- It is so lovely of you to do this for those children, and for their mama.

DJ- your relaxing and crafting sounds so idyllic.