Crafters Challenge June 21st---June 27th, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello! Hello!

Sorry for the late start!!! As I have said if anybody would like to start the weekly thread please feel free to do so!!!!

Myrons Mom, the quilts are so pretty! You really did alot last week and got cleaning done!

AuntJ, you got alot done too.

Rose, nice wall hanging! Great job!

Jody, great job, moving along with the doll!

Everybody GREAT job!!!

I have decided on the pattern to use for the kitchen boas that will be for the 12 Days of Christmas. Actually a couple patterns combined. Hobby Lobby was not yet opened when we left town yesterday so didn't wait for the 9:00 opening time.

What does everybody have planned this week?

Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
My list is long, but I need to focus on finishing the July pillowcases and getting them in the mail on Thursday. I have some fabric to put a waterproof coating on for an RV spare tire cover quilt block and same for some placemat fabric. I plan to work on the CCS cat borders in the evenings.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Still working on knit socks and might try to make a scarf with tunisian crochet, have watched videos on youtube for it.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
July pillowcases are done. I've put some waterproofing on the fabric and will do the other side today. I need to order more of the product to be able to do the placemats.

Last edited:

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Hello all! I think we've all been BUSY! :)

Got a lot done this weekend! Cut and weeded vinyl to apply to these 7 mini notebooks:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/50034113851/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/50034113681/in/dateposted-public/

Also did the vinyl for these two clear pockets I'm adding to the two recipe binders I've done so far:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/50034113926/in/dateposted-public/

Also did this photo frame for DH for Father's Day:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/50034373302/in/dateposted-public/

And I cut and weeded iron on vinyl for 6 potholders and for 14 more stemless wine glasses :)

I've made some progress on the Mrs. Claus ornament too - hoping to get sewn together today and get the wooden ball for the face painted so I can assemble it soon!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Yesterday I finished the burp cloths. Repaired a sofa pillow for DS, and re-stuffed some fabric nativity figures then pulled out the manger to see if I has all the material needed to finish it. I also pulled out a tissue box house to finish and found it was incomplete and no direction so tossed it. Only UFO left is the manager (I think) and then I will be doing repairs on broken Christmas decor and done. It may happen by the end of the month. :) I have no excuse for it not be done before now.

Need to move along.

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Started work on some felt mittens. A pick up/put down project. Went through my knitting patterns and have written a list of items that I need to knit a few baby jumpers. I will store these for later. Mum and I are sewing burb bibs, bandanna bibs, play mats and a changing mat this coming Thursday. She wants to get a few things together for DD for the future.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I think I’m going to decide what color thread I’ll use for quilting those quilts. My machine I had serviced is ready and I can get my thread when I pick it up. I’m sure I don’t have enough of the right color in my stash to do 4 quilts. I might try to cut out the purse and wallet today too. I’m tired of cleaning house!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
AJ ~ You are rockin' it!

Jody ~ Nice progress you're making.

Katrina ~ I love making baby things. They will be well used and loved.

Myron's Mom ~ Happy quilting. I always have trouble deciding how to quilt things.

Not much going on here craft-wise. I spent time in the garden yesterday, but did some CCS last night. Today Kathy and I will make the rounds to Joanns, Hobby Lobby and Quality Sewing. We're making some quilt blocks to affix to our spare tire covers on our RVs.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Etched 2 more glasses!

Mrs. Claus is almost done - so excited! I put the "flesh" color paint on her "head" last night and will attempt to paint the hair/face today - that and adding the cuffs to her sleeves and the ribbon for hanging is all that is left!

Then I just need to make 7 more! lol

DecemberisComing

Premiere Member
Jun 22, 2020
Illinois
Hello! I am new here and thought I would ask for ideas for old hand embroidered pillowcases that my grandmother made. So far, I have put some of the nicer ones in shadow boxes for my siblings who were interested, and I have cut some of the other shabbier ones apart to put on top of some sewing kits for my nieces and nephews. My grandmother was in her 80s when she made them so they didn't win any prizes at the fair (Ha!) but she made many for us all, the dish towels are all long gone. I am going to post some pictures, and I would love to see your projects too, but maybe this isn't the thread for that?

Attachments

• pillowcases.jpg
    pillowcases.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 10
  • jar tops.jpg
    jar tops.jpg
    324 KB · Views: 10
  • sewing jar.jpg
    sewing jar.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 10

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
This is the thread for pictures of crafts and that embroidery is beautiful. Very cleaver in finding ways to display them. Have you thought about using embroidery hoops and hanging them on the wall?

DecemberisComing

Premiere Member
Jun 22, 2020
Illinois
This is the thread for pictures of crafts and that embroidery is beautiful. Very cleaver in finding ways to display them. Have you thought about using embroidery hoops and hanging them on the wall?

That is a good idea! I will look for some small hoops since the work is done close to the edge, but I think I may be able to find at least 5 to 6 inches to work with, much bigger and some of the staining and fading may show anyhow.

And hoops of all kinds are having a moment in the sun, so to have something so old displayed in such a trendy way would be fun!!!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
That is a good idea! I will look for some small hoops since the work is done close to the edge, but I think I may be able to find at least 5 to 6 inches to work with, much bigger and some of the staining and fading may show anyhow.

And hoops of all kinds are having a moment in the sun, so to have something so old displayed in such a trendy way would be fun!!!

What treasures you have! I think the hoops are a wonderful idea. Would any of the designs work for either baby bonnets or bride handkerchiefs? Or some kind of brides bag/ purse?

I cut the purse out today. Pulled out some hardware from my stash. When I go out this week I need to look for a zipper. Not loving the colors I have in my stash. Will need two others for the wallet. I need different D rings for the wallet than I have too. Wondering how long it would take to get them direct from Emmaline bags.....
AJ, I would love to see mrs Claus!

DecemberisComing

Premiere Member
Jun 22, 2020
Illinois
What treasures you have! I think the hoops are a wonderful idea. Would any of the designs work for either baby bonnets or bride handkerchiefs? Or some kind of brides bag/ purse?

I cut the purse out today. Pulled out some hardware from my stash. When I go out this week I need to look for a zipper. Not loving the colors I have in my stash. Will need two others for the wallet. I need different D rings for the wallet than I have too. Wondering how long it would take to get them direct from Emmaline bags.....
AJ, I would love to see mrs Claus!

I like the idea for gifts for brides and/or babies! Thanks Myron's Mom!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have cut some of the other shabbier ones apart to put on top of some sewing kits
These are so pretty, what a wonderful gift.
Can some of the pieces be used as Christmas decorations. Small hoops with a lovely ribbon attached, or pieces of the fabric attached to foam balls might look lovely and would make for a lovely memory at Christmas.

If the plain fabric is still OK you could make squares and edge with lace and use as ladies handkerchiefs as a keepsake. I have something similar from my Grandmother.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Katrina ~ I love making baby things. They will be well used and loved.
Mum is aware that she is getting older and would like to have a few things made and put away while she is still able. I am sure that the items will be treasured.

DecemberisComing

Premiere Member
Jun 22, 2020
Illinois
These are so pretty, what a wonderful gift.
Can some of the pieces be used as Christmas decorations. Small hoops with a lovely ribbon attached, or pieces of the fabric attached to foam balls might look lovely and would make for a lovely memory at Christmas.

If the plain fabric is still OK you could make squares and edge with lace and use as ladies handkerchiefs as a keepsake. I have something similar from my Grandmother.

I like the idea of making them ornament sized, especially if I can't find enough fabric that is OK to display in a larger hoop. And I am so glad I asked, the idea of handkerchiefs never came to me at all, and I have lace trim left over from the jar lids!

Thanks!

Reactions: AuntJamelle