Crafters Challenge June 21st---June 27th, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
DecemberisComing ~ So glad to have you join us. You have some wonderful heirlooms there. You are reminding me of a few things I have from my mother and DH's mother that I would like to finish into keepsakes. Yes, we do love to see pictures here!

Reactions: DecemberisComing

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I think I have the quilt block ready to mount onto the spare tire cover. DH will put the tire cover on the tire today so that I can see how it's going to look before I sew it on.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
SUCH pretty things everyone is doing! Love all the ideas flowing!!!

I have not gotten Mrs. Claus her face yet...just ran out of time last night! Hopefully soon...but here is a shot of her at the current moment...a little creepy without the head...sorry!!!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/50041378147/in/dateposted-public/

She will hold a little package in one hand - done but not in photo and either a piece of fruit or a pommander in the other...still working on that...

Have done a little work on felt sloth with baby ornament too...

DecemberisComing

Premiere Member
Jun 22, 2020
Illinois
SUCH pretty things everyone is doing! Love all the ideas flowing!!!

I have not gotten Mrs. Claus her face yet...just ran out of time last night! Hopefully soon...but here is a shot of her at the current moment...a little creepy without the head...sorry!!!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/50041378147/in/dateposted-public/

She will hold a little package in one hand - done but not in photo and either a piece of fruit or a pommander in the other...still working on that...

Have done a little work on felt sloth with baby ornament too...

Mrs. Claus is lovely, I can't wait to see her when she is finished!

Reactions: AuntJamelle

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ, Mrs Claus is delightful. I am certainly envious of the work you do, it is just beautiful.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Wow the MissClaus is good work! really, really like it.

I've been trying to teach myself how to make a tunisian crochet scarf using youtube. I'll try the rib pattern.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
DecemberisComing,

Please make tags to go with the grandmother gifts telling her story with a photo of her.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
AJ, beautiful work!!!

Jody, I love Raggedy Ann, GREAT work.

I finally got the stuff to wrap my CIJ ornaments. If it works. Also got stuff to make Teigan 4 dresses and a shirt. 1 dress and shirt will just be side seams and straps the material is smocked and then got 3 t-shirts and fabric for skirt bottoms. Got over 9 yards for the boas but will need more and they have to reorder. Teigan got a birdhouse kit to paint.

Fabric all in washer now.

Reactions: DecemberisComing

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
AJ Mrs Santa is coming along nicely
Jody WTG on Raggedy Ann
Decemberiscoming—welcome

Crafting this week hasn’t gone as planned. Found out the hard way that on the last 22 squares needed for the quilt top that are made in quarters 18 of the quarters need to be totally taken apart and redone.
The first sleeve I knitted and had to take back 6 inches because of a mistake finally got done but not before making the same mistake again not once but twice. Thankfully noticed only after a few rows. After making the same error twice on the sweater I figured it was time to step away from crafting for a day or two.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mum and I had a great day yesterday. Made 10 fabric bags to pack charity gifts in for delivery at Christmas.
I hemmed some curtains for the farm and we did a bit more planning for upcoming crafts. We really need to get to the craft store and purchase some wool and some more flannel and a few other things.

Reactions: Lana

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I did get to sew the fabric manager and stable I had cut out for many a years. Another UFO done today. I found a Christmas count down calendar that is going to be tedious trying to decide if i really want to finish it or not. I don't have anyone to give it to presently so will think on it. I do have Christmas Stockings to cutout that I believe will be the next item on the agenda.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Katrina, you just reminded me I had thought of doing fabric bags for the homeless. will add that to my list

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I got Teigans dress made. She said she will wear it today. Will see. When younger and I made a few things for her to wear she would say so pretty and show people that I made it and say don't wear.

Also put a finishing touch on some ornaments and they are ready to package.

Rose, sorry about the redo :(

DecemberisComing

Premiere Member
Jun 22, 2020
Illinois
AJ Mrs Santa is coming along nicely
Jody WTG on Raggedy Ann
Decemberiscoming—welcome

Crafting this week hasn’t gone as planned. Found out the hard way that on the last 22 squares needed for the quilt top that are made in quarters 18 of the quarters need to be totally taken apart and redone.
The first sleeve I knitted and had to take back 6 inches because of a mistake finally got done but not before making the same mistake again not once but twice. Thankfully noticed only after a few rows. After making the same error twice on the sweater I figured it was time to step away from crafting for a day or two.

Thank you for the welcome Rose, I have had crafting weeks like that and it is frustrating. Hang in there!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I did finish the quilt block embellishment for the spare tire cover. It turned out great.

I nearly took the shamrock ornaments off the design wall to sew the two sides together while I had the right thread in the sewing machine, but didn't actually do it. Wish "it's the thought that counts" would work in those situations. Haha

I would like to embellish a tank top for the 4th of July. We will be at the lake, and it would be fun to have something special to wear. I think I will just use one of my old white tank tops to try it on. I don't want to go out to try to purchase something new right now, and it's too late to order something at this point.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
After work this afternoon I made a lady 3 of the door latches. I had made her a couple for her baby shower with her first baby and the 2nd one now is over a year and she texted to see if I would make her a few more. I use the ponytail holders and one goes over each door knob and the material with padding holds the thing in so no noise with door and also a child gets in they can't lock the door. If by chance they do you pull on the material and it opens.

Door Silencer for babies.