Crafters Challenge June 23, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Morning!!!! Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday felt good sewing and helped that all went smooth!!!!!!!!!!!!

This week I would like to do some burp rags, wash cloths and freezer pop holders. I work with the girl that it is for next Saturday so would like to take it.

What are your plans for the week?

Happy Crafting!

Rose, how are you doing?

We got alittle over 4" of rain from late afternoon Friday till Sat. mid morning. It was 6.2" for the this week.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

So glad your day of sewing went well, Lana. Mine did too. I now have a hummingbird machine embroidery embellishment on a new sweatshirt.

Iris arrived and has plans for us to embellish jeans jackets. She will do one for her sister, Sonja; and I will do one for Julia. We have one of the jackets, and the other one is on order from Amazon and should arrive tomorrow.

In the meantime, I will work on some other projects as time allows.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I had to go get thread last night and could not find the color I needed so brought some and alittle different material. But when getting ready to do it I left the white in bobbin and put new thread on and was happy with the color that way!

DD, have fun with Iris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like a neat project with the jean jackets.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Lana. Arm/shoulder is in a contest mild pain with a lot of pain when I move it certain ways and it likes to keep me up at night.

Friday is last day of work—taking early retirement and ultrasound on the 2nd for my shoulder. My body doesn’t like sitting on the floor or picking up little ones anymore.(childcare) Not sure once my arm is taken care off if I will look for something part time or not.

This week I would like to get the baby sweater finished up and the next one started. Dr wants me to keep using arm so it doesn’t become a frozen shoulder so I figured the best/gentle way is knitting. Have baby yarn sitting here waiting to be used up and friends are excepting their first baby.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Plans for the week here are to continue stitching the pink felt hearts, I have 5 fronts done so 5 still to do. Then sew them together. Would love to have them all done by the end of July
Will finish off the first knitted dish cloth and pop it and the others I do in the gift closet. They were going to be for DD but she is knitting her own now so will store them for later.
Really must work on mum's journal next as that is definitely a Christmas gift.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Lana we finally have had a few days off of rain but will start again tomorrow. Just time for it to stop flooding just to start flooding again.

Rose hope the arm and shoulder heal fast for you.

Same list work has been crazy so by the time I get home I am beat. Hoping it starts slowing down a little for at least a couple of weeks. I think the only thing I am doing is adding more to the list

/First off I really need to get my craft room cleaned out and organized.
Quilts for Amy out of her moms nightgowns x2

Chair for Liam maybe if there is enough left make out of his great grandma's nightgowns his grandma and mom would love it. His first birthday is only a month away now

First birthday shirt for Liam

shirts for Kayla and Kali for Dirks Bentley concert this coming Sunday (must get done so I am not making them as they are walking out the door)

Buffet for craft room:
clean
sand
paint
figure out what I am going todo for top (starting to lift not sure if I want to take off or glue down)

My cup
sand again
put decal on
final coat of epoxy

Brother's girlfriends kids Popsicle holders (x2)

Isabella
Popsicle holder
:Dblanket
shirts (x3)
rocking horse (redo it, I forgot to grab from my moms basement. Was going to redo for my great niece but cost to send to NM from NY would have been way too much)
sippy cup

Emma
blanket
Shirts (x4)
cup

Kali
blanket ladder
cup
wine glass

Makayla's room
:cool:finish wreath
tin flowers
vanity
vanity bench
end of bed bench
paint dressers
night stands
blanket
attach her head board to bed just have it against wall right now

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Kim, I love the idea of quilts from night gowns. An amazing gift.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I assembled a few angel wings yesterday (10), only 30 more to assemble and put the threads in. Decided the ribbon I have does not fit, so will have to go buy some.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Just wanted to check in briefly!!!

Hei Hei softie is ready to stuff and finish up the last of the sewing!

Decided to hot glue the felt orange slices together for the sake of time!

Almost done with embroidery on the doodle design mermaid felt ornament.

Then will turn my attention to assembling more felt ornament kits as well as working on the ones I still have left!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ, would love to see a picture of the mermaid when she is done. I bet she is gorgeous.

I have finished 2 dish cloths am thinking that the one I did yesterday will make a great face cleaning cloth.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Our rain has let up, only short thunderstorms. But our yard is a swampy mess still.
Dahlia, can we see the jackets when they are done?
AJ I’d like to see the mermaid too.
Kim, your list is amazing. I think the quilts from the night gowns will be charming. they will be very special.
Rose , I hope that shoulder starts feeling better and congrats on the retirement.
Lulu, what are the angel wings like?
I finished my quilt top today. I’m happy with the way it’s turned out. I still have to decide what color of thread to quilt it and some type of quilting pattern. Not so sure about the backing I picked either but I still have some time to think about it.
I think I’ll be doing a Marshall university themed quilt for our friend with Alzheimer’s. I want to do a few things for me though before I get that one started.
Enjoy the rest of your week crafting.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I have been working on getting the craft room cleaned and organized a little every night its finally getting there. I got my shutters down tonight after work so that I can get them painted tomorrow while there is no rain. I am hoping that my mom has white exterior paint up at the house so that I can paint the front of the dormer also since I forgot about that. I am also going to try and get the buffet outside and sand it tomorrow while I am out there to start getting that done.

I am going to get these night gowns in the washer tomorrow so that I can get working on these to get them to my friend Amy so she can give her brother his he is lost without having to take care of his mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Have finished the 10 pink felt heart fronts.
Now need to put them together and stuff them.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana