Crafters Challenge June 24th-30th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Welcome to the last week of June!

We have Rudy Day tom., the end of the month and then it will be CHRISTMAS IN JULY!!!!!!!!!!! And time to really start moving on stuff.

I have to get baby items made this week for the shower on Sunday the 1st.

I also have to finish 2 sets of swap items---not ours but another one and they have to be in Massachusetts by the 28th of July.

Going to go find my list and move it over so I can get on track.

What does everybody have planned? Any big plans for CIJ???

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I've scheduled posts for everyday from July 1st to the 25th for CIJ :)

I want to finish an amigurumi pinguin this week.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
So looking forward to CIJ!!! :)

My plans this week focus on finishing the felt monkey ornament - it will probably take me a few more nights since it is a bit more complicated that most I've attempted, but it will get there!

I've also started work on Sweetest Day cards - one for DH and one for a dear friend. I've got everything prepped just need to assemble them together.See inspiration pic here:

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa371/MissNinjaCrafts/2011/July/IMG_8046.jpg

I cut out the popsicle shapes from a wheat thins box, painted them with mod podge and covered with glitter. Tapped off the excess and the little pretties are ready to go!

So felt ornament and finishing up these cards are my core goals for this week!

Not sure of my CIJ plans yet. I think both DH and I are taking the day off work - I would like to make the most use of my time. Will need to spend some time planning soon!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Nice AJ!

I finished one amigurumi pengouin yesterday. Need to start my 2nd one.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Good job, luludou! :)

I snuck in a few minutes to assemble my Sweetest Day cards last night. They are now complete and waiting with other cards I've made for the year. :)

DH is planning on taking care of DS tonight so I may have some extra craft time in front of me! We'll see!

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
Hello everyone! It sounds like everyone is keeping busy! Lana, your baby items are always so cute! Lucie I love reading your CIJ posts! AuntJamelle, way to go getting your cards ready to go and your ornaments sound great!

I am out of town this week and brought some knitting with me to keep me occupied. I knitted a hat, but not pleased with it. So, I found another pattern on Ravelry and have cast that on and hoping I will like it better.

I finished the monogrammed hair bows before I left. It took me a while, but I just posted a picture on my blog. I didn't have the picture on this computer and had to figure out how to get it from my phone to blogspot.

Have a great rest of the week!!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Carol the bow is cute! If anybody can figure it out you can. You do amazing things on the machine. Good luck on the knitting. Hey, how is your Christmas sewing coming for the thread?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Carol the bows are beautiful but I must admit the Christmas ornaments (red with white fur) are my favorite ones!

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
Thank you everyone for taking the time to look at my hair bow! It's great to get such positive feedback. I almost have my hat finished. I head back home tomorrow and was hoping to finish before I leave, but if not, I'll finish sometime later.

Lana, I haven't kept up with the other Christmas thread. I don't see it when I look over there. Although, I wasn't really using it to track gifts, but more for the progress in stocking up for my fall show.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I have finished 2 pairs of the beaded soxs, 4 burp rags and 4 bibs this week.

Carol, the lady (Vicki?) who started the thread has went back to work and I am thinking April and May were under the same thread. I have made every month with a very s-i-m-p-l-e item each month. Haven't did June yet. Got today and tom..