Crafters Challenge June 28th-July 4th, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The first Mrs. Claus is FINISHED!!! Right down to the little buttons on her shoes! :)
She is a real treasure. I so love your work, it is beautiful.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Will go to the big mall tomorrow and see if the craft shop is open. I want to look at some baby wool to knit some cardigans.
A very large craft store has opened today in an area of town about half an hour from us. Mum and I are starting a list and have made a date to go and have a look. I believe some money will be spent that day.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I haven’t gotten anything accomplished this week so far. I think this week will be a bust. Starting Sunday I should be able to get busy again.

Ive been spending my mornings going through a ton of old quilt magazines a friend gave me. Wanting to keep them all but not practical. Only keeping a few. Then will pass the rest on to another friend.
Good news my machine seems to be ok. I took it in to be checked out. Apparently they have this happen several times a year. The store said they would write up an estimate to replace if I’m not comfortable with keeping it. They are used to working with the insurance companies.

Can’t believe it’s July!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Got 4 more glasses etched last night!

And have traced and cut out the pattern pieces for 3 more Mrs. Claus ornaments. I've decided I'm going to do the last one in blues instead of the traditional greens/reds...

Also have made a little progress on the first tab of the Christmas Planner ...not done yet but here is what I've got so far:

https://flic.kr/p/2jh78nh

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Got 4 more glasses etched last night!

And have traced and cut out the pattern pieces for 3 more Mrs. Claus ornaments. I've decided I'm going to do the last one in blues instead of the traditional greens/reds...

Also have made a little progress on the first tab of the Christmas Planner ...not done yet but here is what I've got so far:

https://flic.kr/p/2jh78nh
Great divider sheets for a Christmas Planner!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I finished the crocheted blanket for dolls that I am doing for Teigan for Christmas. Then we you tubed to see how to do the shell stitch for the border. I was trying to wing it and wasn't doing the skip 1 stitch and co-worker looked it up. I got on side done with it and 3 to go.

Reactions: PamelaG

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Got some wool in a lovely mint green so will start a baby cardigan soon. Got the canvas to try and do a latch hook rug but I will be using torn fabric instead of wool. I have wanted to do one for years.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Cricut Explore is the machine I have currently! Love it! You just cut the iron on vinyl, weed the unwanted parts and then iron it on - super easy! I just "discovered" vinyl over the past year or so - I'd been strictly paper crafts only on the Cricut before that.

AJ, does Cricut or any of the other machines cut fabric? I honestly don’t know about any of the machines out there. I’m only familiar with one that cuts quilt blocks. I would mind having one that would do appliqué fabric.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We to the new craft warehouse today and got a lot of items for crafting. I got wool to make some baby jumpers, some lovely fabric for my rag rug, some beautigul fabric to make curtains for the farm and a wooden J and K that I will paint at some stage. It was a nice outing and I have a lot more to keep me busy.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
AJ, does Cricut or any of the other machines cut fabric? I honestly don’t know about any of the machines out there. I’m only familiar with one that cuts quilt blocks. I would mind having one that would do appliqué fabric.

Yes, but not the one I have :( I really, really would love to get a Cricut Maker which is the kind that cuts fabric! It actually has a rotary blade and works great from what I understand - but last I checked they were around $400 so I'm waiting on it for now...

Reactions: luludou

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Yes, but not the one I have :( I really, really would love to get a Cricut Maker which is the kind that cuts fabric! It actually has a rotary blade and works great from what I understand - but last I checked they were around $400 so I'm waiting on it for now...
I've been toying with the idea of getting some kind of scan and cut machine, but if I were to start looking seriously, I would see about getting a used one, since I know people are always getting upgraded models. One of my biggest drawbacks is space, but so often I have projects that I know would lend themselves very nicely to some kind of shape-cutting tool.

Well, I was disappointed here at the lake when I finished the last border on the CCS cats to find that I apparently left one CCS chart at home that I had kitted up for an anniversary card. Just started on another kitted project instead.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I’ll have to check them out. I really don’t need another toy lol. And where am I going to put it??? My room is packed to the gills already lol. Might put it on my Christmas list for next year!