Crafters Challenge June 2nd-8th, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Welcome to June!!!!!

Sounds like several has moved along on projects. WTG!

Our rain has been letting up some so REALLY hoping for garden work to happen.

Will get the fabric for CIJ ornaments and gt them going.

I asked Teigan if she wanted barbie or 18" doll clothes if I made any she said both but barbie if only some. Thinking for Christmas or her birthday in January. Might try to do some for each and then will get other stuff to go with that.

What are your plans for crafting this week?

Told Teigan we get mommy moved out of the room I can get my sewing/craft back. She said that would make a nice playroom. She knows Uncle Ryan and mommy had it has a playroom.

Jaymee pulled the tendon and hamstring away from the bone so not as able to do lifting and such. I swear she can't get a break!!!! Things will just take alittle longer.

HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Lana - this reminded me of my mom who made beautiful Barbie clothes for me when I was a kid. I particularly remember a royal blue ballgown with tulle.

Thanks for the good memory.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Lana ~ Hahaha! I’m hoping for rain so I can justify working inside to do some crafting! It doesn’t look like I’ll get my wish till later in the week when I need to be packing the trailer up for a short trip.

Kim ~ I’m hoping you can share pictures of your projects. You seem to be quite the woodworker. My DH does that kind of thing for me, including anything that I want painted.

I have a lot of crafts on my list this week. Taking priority (I hope) are: two or more tissue box covers (1 prototype that I will keep for myself, and 1 gift); boat bungie netting; cut and re-hem vinyl table cloths for the lake; 2 wedding cards with CCS motifs. Not to mention CCS in the evenings and knitting on road trips.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Lana everytime we think it is going to stop raining for awhile it starts again. Yesterday it rained in the morning and that was it. Looking like it is going to stop raining around noon today. I started digging up somemore of my front yesterday but didn't get very far. Kayla hasn't even been able to start garden at all yet this year.

DJ I have to charge my camera and take pictures that way since for some strange reason pictures won't transfer from my phone to computer anymore. I think I need a new phone but just too cheap to buy a new one. I try with wood may never be completely perfect but I enjoy it.

Same list pretty much just a different week. Plus I want to try and get the diningroom/craft room dug out this week so I can figure things out and sick of looking at everything all over the table

My cup
make and put decal on it
third layer of epoxy

Makayla's room This will most likely take a couple of weeks

Paint dresser
Paint other dresser
Make foil pan flowers for her walls
Put hooks on tiles I already made for her room

Night stands
/sand windows
build the frames for them
paint

Head board
:)have my best friend bring me over the picket fence she has I am using for head board
:)sand fence
paint

End of bed bench
build
paint
put fabric on top (which I have to remember to pick up tomorrow since it matches her bed set perfectly and on clearance for $1 a yard)

Vanity
build
Paint

Vanity chair
build
Paint
put fabric on

Makeup shelf
build
Paint

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
I have managed to injure my left shoulder rotator cuff. Can’t get in till beginning of July for an ultrasound to see what kind of damage has been done.
When not working or heat/cold treating my shoulder I hope to get my sweater finished. Just 8 more rows on the front/neck band to go. My dress that I cut out a few weeks ago is still sitting by the sewing machine untouched.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lana - this reminded me of my mom who made beautiful Barbie clothes for me when I was a kid. I particularly remember a royal blue ballgown with tulle.
When I was a young girl one of my favourite things to do was make Barbie clothes. I never machine sewed, all by hand and they were never amazing but I could spend hours doing it.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
It's June, how did that happen. At the beginning of the year I thought I had so much time and it is flying by. Pleased with all that I have completed but will need to work consistently to finish what is left on the list.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Rose ~ Take care!

I never could get into the doll clothes making. Iris isn't too into baby dolls, just stuffed animals. The other two up and coming DGDs could be a different story.

I finally got the wedding card fronts done. Now to add inside greetings. One gift (the table runner) is ready to be packaged and mailed. Still working on the other gift (knit afghan). While in the studio I also made a couple replacement bungie cargo nets for the boat. Next on the list are a couple of tissue box covers and re-sizing a vinyl table cloth into two table cloths.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DD, always so busy.

Rose, hope that the shoulder is feeling a bit better.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State

Thanks for the good memory.
Me too. I had temporary paralysis of my legs when I was about five - no explanation but I was unable to walk for several months. Dad would carry me upstairs to bed each night and carry me down again to the living room in the morning where I spent the day. Each morning, there would be a new knitted Barbie outfit waiting for me. How I wish I had saved some of them. I remember a long slim evening gown knit with very fine wool, black with gold threads running through it. A lovely memory.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Pamela ~ It's such a shame that you don't have any of those Barbie clothes!

I worked up a tutorial for the tissue box covers since I was pleased with the way the last one turned out. I also ordered Stiff Stuff to make more.

I cut up a vinyl table cloth to make two that will fit our picnic table configuration at the lake. We have a couple of tables that are kind of modular, so they can make a few different sizes. I'm customizing table cloths to fit them. I have a round cloth that I want to put a binding on, but need to get fabric for that.

Together with a bit of craftermath control, that's what I've done so far today. A little CCS in store for after dinner.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I have some that my gma made and my mom. The ones gma made....a few are getting rough. I played barbies alot and then my little sister played with mine, Jaymee and now Teigan. Had my old barbies but threw several away when we got them out for Teigan.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
You could put a few of the doll clothes in a shadow box along with a photo of who made them.

Reactions: Lana

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
My dad started a new business venture yesterday. He bought a food truck an already established one so he has a preexisting spot for the summer. Kayla and Kali (my niece) went for lunch yesterday before they had to work. It was unbelievable how many people were there and then ended up tagging me, my brothers and mother on facebook that dad has taken it over to make sure to stop and support him. Girls were not impressed with his tip jar so they had to make him a new one last night. We are not supposed to have rain today so hoping I can get some painting done

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
My dad started a new business venture yesterday. He bought a food truck an already established one so he has a preexisting spot for the summer. Kayla and Kali (my niece) went for lunch yesterday before they had to work. It was unbelievable how many people were there and then ended up tagging me, my brothers and mother on facebook that dad has taken it over to make sure to stop and support him. Girls were not impressed with his tip jar so they had to make him a new one last night. We are not supposed to have rain today so hoping I can get some painting done
How fun! What kind of food is he serving?

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Rose so sorry to hear about your shoulder. Prayers for a speedy recovery.
I put my grandmas cookie cutters in shadow boxes. I never though to put a picture of her in there.
Not much crafting here again. I did finish my pillow covers and have the final adjustment on the pattern for the cushion covers done.
I picked and sorted a little more of my stuff in the sewing room. Still waiting for my husband to paint the dry wall in there that he put up.
Wednesday my cousin Anna and I took a beginning crochet class at Joann’s. It was just the two of us. I was able to get some help with the problems I was having. I’m going to pull apart the scarf I was working on and start over. We want to take more classes from this lady. But just waiting for them to go on sale again. I was good. I didn’t buy any fabric. I did cave and bought a pattern. Was a fun day.
Have a safe weekend everyone!