Crafters Challenge June 6th----June 12th, 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Well, the first week of June is gone!

Summer activities seem to be getting in full swing for people.

Slowly we are getting a few things done.

I have to finish a few CIJ ornaments.

What are you going to work on this week?

HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I spent a couple of hours this afternoon working on bunting. I have about 6 x 1 metre fabric still to cut but think I will ask my Mum to help. Would love to get to some other things but for now that can wait.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Working on wallet gifts this week. All 3 are cut out and interfaced. Have the first one about half way finished.
Going to a sale with my cousin later in the week. Going to see if I can twist her arm to take a quick trip to Amish country since we will already be half way there. One of the quilt shops is having a sale.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I need to get crafts packed up to take on our camping trip. We will be gone till Monday the 14th mostly off the grid without internet or even phone service. Picture me reading, knitting, bicycling, working on CCS on or near the beach. The weater report isn't too great though.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Picture me reading, knitting, bicycling, working on CCS on or near the beach.
Sounds perfect. I hope that the weather behaves for you.

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
Hi, guys. I can't believe it's June!

We've been pretty busy with end of school year events such as big reports, science fair projects, a "wax museum" for English class, and almost a dozen different field trips. o_O The wax museum was fun- the kids each had a historical event they had to research and write a report on, decorate a tri-fold board, dress in a period costume and prepare a short speech that they could recite when someone dropped a coin in their jar. My Cady had the stock market crash so she went as a secretary to a wall street banker. We had fun finding clothes we could make over and shoes and a hairstyle that worked. I made over an old Easter hat to look like one that would have been worn around that time. We've had that hat for years and it's served us well- I picked it up at a thrift store for $2 so it served someone else as an Easter bonnet, then my son used it when he dressed as The Man in the Yellow Hat (Curious George), my youngest daughter used is when she dressed as Madeleine and now this version. I love doing stuff like that!

It's been busy here on the farmstead. New ducklings and chicks, planting and fencing and caring for everything is taking a lot of my time, but I have gotten to do a little crafting. I made a bird's nest necklace for a friend, I'm almost done with my ornaments and I'm currently making rope baskets to fill with treats for the teachers. This is our last week of school and I'm so ready for it to be done! So, the baskets and knitting a little on the throws will be my focus this week.

I've thought of you all often and I hope you are all well. I need to play catch up- I can't believe it's been several weeks since I was actually able to spend time on here. :rolleyes: You guys are so talented and I feel like I'm visiting with friends when I'm here. I don't have any people in my everyday who like to craft and create other than my kids. I know several used to do things- paper-crafts, crochet, etc. I keep thinking I need to get us all together to work on our stuff separately together. You know what I mean.

Have an absolutely wonderful week!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Over the weekend, I made some pet mats to donate. I started to make our kitty a toy. I'm almost done and will post a pic soon.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I worked in the craft room yesterday and pull together some more kits. Thought I had more ready to sew, did better than I thought last year. I found a pattern for lounge pants with sizes for the whole family. I am thinking I can use up some fabric by making some for my family. I already had that in mind for dgds but if this will use up fabric I am gain. I will be looking through and pulling fabrics for that this afternoon.
But first, I need to go through a closet I need to declutter.

Reactions: Lana and jampss

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
The dress that I started a month ago is finally finished. Have fabric to make another one-same pattern but will use the second skirt option for it.
Decided on the pattern for the next quilt top but need to check and see if I have the thread needed. Will finally be able to get into the fabric store come Friday but will most likely wait till Monday. Have a few things I need to pic.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I found a pattern for lounge pants with sizes for the whole family. I am thinking I can use up some fabric by making some for my family. I already had that in mind for dgds but if this will use up fabric I am gain. I will be looking through and pulling fabrics for that this afternoon.
I went through the fabric and didn't find anything that would work for lounge pants. Most of it is from the 80's and is better for quilting. This fabric is going to a friend and her Ddil. I kept some for crafting and maybe a Christmas table runner.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
20210607_193111000_iOS.jpg

20210606_115705738_iOS.jpg

I made out kitty a toy mouse thingy. And I made a bear drink coaster. :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jampss, they are so cute.