Crafters Challenge June 7th-13th, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Seems everybody was accomplishing things this past week----WTG!!!!

This week I will finish the doll blanket. I might decide to try to learn a scallop stitch for the edge to do in solid purple. Will think about it.

Got paint to do a nightstand, bike outside in yard and the patio furniture. So I know not crafting but......

I ordered some 4, 6 and 8" doilies so I can paint their design on top of nightstand.

What are you planning to do this week?

HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Lana, you are crafting as your are working on decor. Especially if your are putting doily designs on your night stand.

I am heading to my sewing craft room to see if there is enough of the fabric I choose to do the Christmas stockings. I would love to do them in a fun polka dot but I have so much fabric here that needs to be used up. I have a choice of a burgundy poinsettia print with a solid burgundy cuff or a green background vine print with an opposite fabric print. Also, trying to decide if I should line them. I found some small wooden tags that I can write receiver's name on and would like to figure out a was for the giver to attach the tag to the stocking. All I and think of right now is to make the hanging loop and attach a small to the tag then it can be clipped to the loop.
Well now I am anxious to get started.....
TTYL opps, didn't mean to shout at you.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Morning, crafters!!!! {yaaaaaaawwwwwnnnnn}

I need a rest from my weekend! lol

Now 99% done with 2nd recipe binder - would be done but I ran out of page protectors to put the printed recipes in. Ordered from Walmart as part of my curbside pickup order tomorrow!

Finished the other canvas shopping bag for my DSIL:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/49984944857/in/dateposted-public/

And then I made this set of 3 bags for my oldest neice:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/49984945002/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/49984691401/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/49984165478/in/dateposted-public/

This week I am looking to finish up etching - for now - still looking for good deal on more glasses! I have 3 stemless champagne flutes left to do and one 9x11 glass pan - stencils ready - just need to DO IT

I've marked the first piece of my Mrs. Claus ornament project for embroidery - need to keep going and get STARTED!!! I have several of this ornament to make!!!

I will be working on designing the Christmas planner - it's for a friend that is NOT as into being as super organized way ahead of time - so I'm thinking Christmas Countdown would be perfect for her. Just have to figure out how to make it both pretty and functional - and something that can be reused each year...

:)

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have so much fabric here that needs to be used up.
If the polka dots are what you are wanting to do go and get the fabric. What is in your stash could be used for other projects.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ, what beautiful work you do, I love the bags especially the wish one.

I will be working on some felt ornaments this week. I also would like to go through my Mum's fabric so that I can find some fabric to start a braided rug for a room at the farm.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
If the polka dots are what you are wanting to do go and get the fabric. What is in your stash could be used for other projects.
I found some pretty fabric that will work from my stash. Enough to make 12 stockings. 2 family members are in married but have others in their there lives but it is a family name draw so we don’t obligate them but I will make one for the “someday” when it changes.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
AJ, you do such beautiful work.
I’m trying to get my quilt tops done but life is getting in the way. I have all the holly berries done and have started the leaves. Have 14 set to do yet. Will keep plugging away at it.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thanks so much for the compliments guys! I think you all are pretty gifted too!!! :)

I got some work done on the first Mrs. Claus ornament yesterday...embroidery and beading on the skirt...will keep working on her today!

Also started designing the first Christmas planner tab in Cricut Design Space...

My page protectors are out of stock at Walmart so will have to find elsewhere :(

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

AJ ~ I love seeing your beautiful work. Thanks for taking the time to share with us.

We're home from our camping trip, so I'm anxious to get the July and August pillowcases sewn up. Need to machine embroider the month's name on the border strip and then just sew them.

I should also be working on the CCS borders on the monthly cats.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Knocked out a couple of cards last night!

Father's Day:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/49992378357/in/dateposted-public/

And this one is for my sister once the holiday season officially starts, a.k.a. when Starbucks starts using the red cups, lol! I'll include a gift card of course! ;)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/49992378297/in/dateposted-public/

I'm ready to start sewing my first Mrs. Claus ornament together - all embroidery and beading done. Hoping to work on that tonight!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Still working on the quilt holly. Have 1 set done and parts of the other 3. We are expecting storms later today so I doubt I’ll be sewing, too many electronic things to get fried on my machine even with a surge protector. I may start cutting out the purse and wallet set instead.

AJ, again beautiful creations!
Lana, painting is crafting!
JoDee, that’s lots of stockings to make.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
AJ nice job on the bags and cards. Enjoy seeing your projects.

Have 14 quilt blocks done, another 15 about half way done and some more blocks started. Will need to cut some more fabric to finish up those blocks. Have also done a few rows of knitting on my sweater. Received word that some yarn I ordered from the states as I couldn’t find a Canadian site that had the colour I needed is on its way after sitting in customs for 2 1/2 weeks. The yarn is for a July birthday gift.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I'm crocheting on my pink baby blanket, the one I started before I had to switch to blue for ds's expected baby boy. This one, when finished, will go on a shelf until someone decides to have a little girl. The blue blanket with matching hat went in the mail today.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Finally finished all my blocks!!! I have the first quilt laid out and pinned and pictures taken so I sew it the way I want. Think I’ll sew tomorrow. Was going to go to Amish county to a fabric sale tomorrow. I’m on stand by if there are any cancelled appointments at the dentist for my root canal. At least 11/2 hour drive so I’ll stay home and go Saturday.
AJ, pretty glass pan. Is that hard to do and is the etching pretty durable?

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
AJ, pretty glass pan. Is that hard to do and is the etching pretty durable?

Not hard at all - not with my Cricut to cut the stencils from the permanent vinyl - I use transfer tape to get stencil on the glass and you have to burnish it real good to make sure it lies flat - that takes longest. I tape around the stencil with masking tape then dab on the cream - let sit 5 minutes - scrape cream I can save back into bottle then rinse. Take off the stencil, peel up any tiny bits here and there and done. I've found that I can do one project in about 20 minutes or less. Doing 5 pieces in one evening has been my average :) As to durable, it should be - but time will tell!!!!

The 9x11 pan was etched from the bottom - so the food will never come into contact with the etched image - it wouldn't hurt the food but over time the etching could become discolored.

Small update from the craft room :)

Made a father's day card for my DFIL and another graduation card...funny story - to all you CRAFT HOARDERS out there - hi! I'm one of you! :oops:

I needed gold-ish paper and silver vinyl for this card - after hunting high and low I found the paper I needed in the form of an saved greeting card envelope - you know - in that shoebox FULL of used greeting cards I've saved for some unspecified purpose?????

And then digging through the vinyl drawer I found a small sheet of silver vinyl that came in the sample packet that came with my Cricut machine when I bought it - LOL

Totally saved my bacon!

Anyway, here is the grad card:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/49998310081/in/dateposted-public/

And the Father's Day Card:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/49997787378/in/dateposted-public/

I also cut and weeded design for one flour sack towel and got through weeding about half of a second design. Will work on those more later!

Got myself organized for cards left to make for the year and in what order. Ornaments and Christmas Planner are other things on my radar for the weekend...

Reactions: Lana