Crafters Challenge June 8th-14th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello!

Well, I must say that AuntJ is really moving along!!!! She is getting her done!!!!

I finally did get the quilt binded and back to Jaymee to give to the girl. I forgot to take a picture of it. Will have to tell Jaymee to so can show you guys how she did the puppy blocks!! It was so cute.

I did get one burp rag cut out. Hope to do it today for a diaper shower Ryan is going to. Maybe a couple---will see.

My plan this week is to finish the CIJ ornaments. Just need a short time.

A girl at the bank who works at a different branch has her baby shower today so I have to work on her gift. Will do some burp rags, bibs, washcloths and not sure if a quilt or onesie dress or something.

What are your plans this week?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I cut & finished hemming this morning a curtain panel for the basement door.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Lucie, good job on the curtain.

AuntJ, sometimes things just don't go as we want. (my plans are always changed) I have made the Kleenex holders from fabric. They are so handy. Even did my young nieces one.

I did sew the one burp rag but Ryan only took the diapers.

The CIJ ornaments have to have the hanger put on yet.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I whipped out another 3 tissue holders last night! I had planned to make 4 total for stocking stuffers this year, so that is one craft crossed off the list! :)

Here is a pic:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/endless_hollydaze/14395280975/

I still need to finish "dressing" the Ragged Ann felt ornament I'm making for MIL. I'm toying with whether to just dress her in felt and lace or if I'm going to try and sew a little tiny doll dress from fabric...either could work but felt would be easier for me to work with...

And I finally got my patterns enlarged/printed for making the space themed felt pictures for DS's space theme room. I will probably finish Raggedy Ann then start on that, since we'll be back home well before Christmas this year - at least that is what I am telling myself!!!

I'm hoping it doesn't turn into a hugely time consuming project, but we'll see!

Happy crafting to all!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
AJ you are doing great. the tissue holders are real nice.
Lana - you are so crafty and so busy!

I went out at noon and got me some watercolor papers, and some wool. Now I have all I need to make a Harry Potter scarf! Looked around for stuff for a fairy garden but just got some mini butterflies & turquoise see rocks.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thank you, luludou! :)

Progress report: Started work on the felt pictures for DS space theme room last night. I went through supply of felt colors and made notes on an extra copy of each pattern on what color will be used where.

Then I started with the simplest design and cut up another printout into the pattern pieces. Traced them onto fusible webbing and cut those pieces out.

That is as far as I got! Tonight I'll start to fuse the webbing pieces to the different colors of felt and cut those out.