Crafters Challenge March 14th---March 20th, 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Welcome! Welcome!

No crafting or thought of crafting for me this week and I don't for see any chance coming up. Allen should get home from hospital midweek and then with him and having to start Aunt Imogene's house at some point. BUT...... I do love hearing and seeing all of the crafts you talented ladies do!!!!!

So what are you planning this week?

Happy Crafting!!!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Will continue to work on wedding bunting. I think it will take me much longer than I thought.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Lana ~ Thanks for starting the thread even though you won't get to do any crafting anytime soon. I do hope you can somehow find some time! Best wishes and prayers for Allen’s healing.

Katrina ~ How are you cutting the bunting? Can you get any help with it?

This week’s plan for me involves a wall hanging for DD’s April BD (I have a good start on it); CCS Easter motifs for cards; September and October calendar hangings; knitting afghan.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Katrina ~ How are you cutting the bunting? Can you get any help with it?
I am using a template, tracing the shape onto the fabric and cutting them out. The tracing does not take long it is the cutting out. I can get help and will ask for it if I get too far behind.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Katrina, would you share a picture of what the bunting looks like?

I will be working on my husbands quilt this week when I have time. I have most of the blocks are on the appliqué part so the rest of it should go pretty quick.

My husband is taking me to a quilt shop for a fabric sale later this week. I’m looking for fabric for my cousins purse and wallet set.

Have a productive week everyone!

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I started a crocheted baby blanket today, using pastel colors of baby yarn. I’m not all that fond of granny squares, but this one is daisy granny squares. Something simple that I can easily transport and work on when I sit with my neighbor. Still working on ccs motifs for cards too.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Went to the fabric sale this morning. I was a good girl. Honestly they didn’t have much of anything that excited me. I got some fairy frost that’s been hard to come by. Was planing on using on the purses. And a red quilt back for the cardinal quilt I want to make (and have the fabric pulled for). Most exciting part was the free coffee and doughnuts and I bought a loaf of fresh baked Amish bread. My husband drove me today and he is hard to shop with. I’m very methodical and he is just all over the place “honey look at this”. It’s still been a nice morning.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I’m very methodical and he is just all over the place “honey look at this”. It’s still been a nice morning.
Haha...this reminded me of our "junk" shopping trip last weekend. I shop very methodically, too. I was looking for some specific things and DH was constantly bringing me what he thought would fit the bill, so excited that he had found the treasure I was looking for...only for me to say that wasn't it. You know...when you have in your mind's eye what you're looking for or aren't really sure, but you'll know when you see it so you can't tell someone else what to look for? :rolleyes: DH shops over here, then over there and, of course, always finished way before me making me feel as if I need to hurry.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Amelia, the bunting will look like this but in pastels shades not brights

Attachments

• F4C8C20F-4616-4DD7-8460-A9DE1385474C.jpeg
    F4C8C20F-4616-4DD7-8460-A9DE1385474C.jpeg
    119.4 KB · Views: 8

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Haha...this reminded me of our "junk" shopping trip last weekend. I shop very methodically, too. I was looking for some specific things and DH was constantly bringing me what he thought would fit the bill, so excited that he had found the treasure I was looking for...only for me to say that wasn't it. You know...when you have in your mind's eye what you're looking for or aren't really sure, but you'll know when you see it so you can't tell someone else what to look for? :rolleyes: DH shops over here, then over there and, of course, always finished way before me making me feel as if I need to hurry.
Oh!!!! That was me and DH at art/craft shows! I hated to be hurried. He didn't do it on purpose ... it is his ADHD .... look quickly and move on. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Funny discussing DHs and their unique shopping skills (or lack thereof). I have fairly good luck if I give DH something to look for. He’s actually pretty good at finding stuff and doesn’t take it personally if I reject his gread finds. He just keeps looking.

Not much crafting being accomplished today. We had friends over for coffee and cake this afternoon. That mean the morning was spent baking and cleaning up a bit. Now we’re just relaxing and listening to some music. I may do some CCS in front of the TV in a bit.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
So enjoyed hearing about shopping with husbands! Mine is a great bargain finder. Just not so great at fabric. That’s probably because what Jane said- the know when you see it thing. I’m not that great at verbalizing what exactly I’m looking for.
None the less I’m happy for the company.

The quilt top is done. Binding and back is done too. And I cut my batting. Just need a afternoon with out my husband underfoot so I can get it sandwiched. I might try to spray baste this thing if I can get a nice day outside and no husband.

Katrina, that will look nice and it is a lot of cutting. Could you make a template and use a rotary cutter and do several layers at a time ?

Have a a great weekend everyone.

Reactions: jampss and Lana