Crafters Challenge March 15th-March 21st, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I have dgd's apron and chef hat done. Still need to cut out the Raggedy Anne doll. It will be my 7th doll I have made. I made one for all four of my children 2 Anne and 2 Andy. I have made them for 2 of 3 dgds. I will get the body made and then decide on the clothes.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Miss JoDee ~ Your Raggedy dolls are reminding me of the classic sock monkeys. I made one for my first DGD but haven't made any for my other grandchildren. Perhaps DGS would enjoy one.

I've gathered all the fabrics for placemats and napkins. The are waiting to be washed. I doubt I can do anything more until I can start moving my arm more to get the pieces cut out. I would be able to cut some applique hearts for the cornerstones, though. That's probably about all.

In the meantime, I'll try to keep my embroidery machine humming. Have one more Valentine ornament to finish stitching, then on to the shamrocks.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Well it's kinda done. Tonight I'll take the binding off and put it back on tomorrow - it looks like a drunk put it on . Apparently not my day for putting on binding. Not sure what my issue is today but binding shouldn’t be that hard. I’ve restitched it twice this morning. I wanted to snuggle under my new quilt tonight but I guess I can do that while I’m taking the binding off.
I need to get my workout done then I’ll clean up my sewing room and get rid of the fuzzy bunnies living in my bobbin casing. Will start fresh tomorrow sewing.
It is a beauty, Amelia. You are so talented and artistic!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
FS ~ I googled "how to make kids birthday parties special during coronavirus" and saw some great links. Here's just one:
https://www.burlingtonfreepress.com...cing-vermont-coronavirus-covid-19/2906021001/

Spent a little time cutting applique pieces for the reversible placemats yesterday. Some of the Heat 'n Bond I had ironed to the wrong fabric, so will have to re-do a few shapes. I hope to do some sewing on the napkins and maybe some piecing on the placemats today.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I have all my CIJ ornaments made. I need to add the hanger and wrap. Wrapping will be the hard as they a fragile. I have time to think on it.