Crafter's Challenge March 20th--March 26th, 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Another week, here and gone!

I am still doing other stuff and just looking and buying for crafts!

What is something that you have planned for the week?

Anybody have plans for homemade items for Christmas gifts?

Here is to a GREAT crafting week to all!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
With the price rises here I would like to make a few more things.
I am wanting to try a lip scrub recipe, and wanting to knit a few face scrub cloths. Will soon be Winter here so time to hunker down and get some things done.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

For Rudy Day, I'd like to work on a few tuck-ins for Christmas cards.

I've started a new knit hat (for myself) that will be a good take-along project in the car. In the studio, I'm making a table runner, placemats and one or more pot holders for DD#1 for her birthday (early April). In the evenings, I hope to do some CCS, working on motifs for BD and Easter cards, motifs for Valentin's monthly calendar hangers and then some watercolor florals for myself. I won't get to nearly all of those though.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
What is something that you have planned for the week?

I have a couple knitted items on my Christmas crafting list with the yarn/pattern tucked away. Have already made DGD nightgown.

This weeks plan is to get DH sweater finished and will go from there. Four more yoke rows and than the neck, collar, button bands and weaving in all the ends.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Finished the Springville quilt top today. Made the bindings for both of the quilts.
Found enough scraps of batting for the window seat topper I’m going to start next out of the fabric scraps.

Made plans to go with my friend Lynn to the sewing and quilting expo in Akron in April. I wasn’t planning to go, I’m trying to be good. But my husband said I didn’t have to be good, So there you go! I’m hoping they have somebody selling the thread I use for my industrial machine. I know they had somebody in the past.

Im not planing to make gifts this year. Taking some time off for me and some “selfish” sewing. Anything I do make will be spur of the moment , using what I have here. I do want to make Christmas cards this year.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Made 3 watercolor cards this afternoon. This week is the Sketchbook revival art week so I'll be joining in that.. .might not do it all but it's a nice week.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Well oldest DD has decided what my next big project should be once this sweater is done. The knitting is completed, leaving a little sewing and weaving of ends in.

DD asked me to make her the It’s shawl good adult cardigan. A crochet pattern. Thankfully she gave me three colour choices. After searching many sites I was able to finally find a site that had just enough of the yarn in her third choice—white. Not one of them had it in black or hunter green. Many brands were completely out of those colours with no idea when they would be back in stock. What a time we live in!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
My DD29, asked me for a blanket for her living room re-do ... my next big project as well here! LOL She would like green and brown.

Here is her "inspiration" photo she found.

20220315_223719181_iOS.jpg

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Pieced together a back for one of the quilts. The window seat topper is cut out.
Made a couple of Easter coasters, I still need to finish the edges on the serger. One I’ll give to my cousin.
Did some mending for my husband.
Trying to plan a day with my cousin to help her make a clutch purse for her daughter who is getting married. We are making it out of one of the grandmas wedding dresses.