Crafters Challenge March 26th--April 1st, 2023

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello!

At the end of this week, that will be 3 months down.

I have been receiving goodies that I have ordered. Material, rulers, some patterns, little notion things etc...

Enjoyed seeing the pictures of items done and getting started from last week.

What are your plans for this week?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Starting to cool down here so a good time to craft.
I made a felt corner book mark and I have started a cross stitch one. Am buying Mum and DD a book and wanted bookmarks to go with it.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Looks like for right now I will be finishing my Halloween cards then some cleaning in my sewing room.
I was working on covers for a small double ironing board I found at the thrift shop. Unfortunately we are on generator power since yesterday afternoon. I don’t like using my machines even though they are on surge protectors incase we get a power surge. They are saying it could be a day or 2 before we have power in the area. I guess that’s a sign I should be cleaning!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I am about done with the second blue crocheted sock. I can do these while watching TV/YouTube or listening to a podcast. I need to nail down what I want to crochet for DD and DD's BF for Christmas then ... go to Hobby Lobby on their 30% off sale week for yarn.

I was also, for fun, making a mushroom cat kicker play toy for Axl cat. I should finish that when I am done with the sock.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I have so much I should do this week and so little time! Where have I heard that before? LOL

I've been reading a good book so haven't done my usual evening CCS, so hope to get back to that. I'm currently stitching a motif for a Mother's Day card.

I would like to get something made, wrapped and in the mail for DD's upcoming birthday. I have fabric to make her a table runner. I love the fabric myself, but I'm not sure she will.

I'm also trying to get a couple more gifts made for Easter. I made two mermaid dolls last week for my youngest granddaughters. I would like to make some bookmarks for Iris and a Pterodactyl for Valentin. Pterodactyls bring Easter eggs, right?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Kathy and I went to Open Sew yesterday and made bindle bags together. They turned out great, and I absolutely love the fabric I used. It's one I purchased a while ago just because I loved it. Thankfully, I had purchased enough for the bag. I also had some nice fabric for lining in my stash, although it was initially intended for a quilt. Sometimes I purchase coordinating fabrics to make a quilt (someday) and then I end up cannibalizing that collection of fabric for other projects.

Once home, I made some quick machine embroidery corner bookmarks with food-themed fabric to be used for cookbooks, and worked a little more on a CCS motif for a Mother's Day card in the evening.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Halloween cards are finished.
Finished recovering the mini double ironing boards. Will be nice for pressing my bags.
Going to start some unfinished projects and playing on my industrial machine. I’ll get things set up but no sewing today. We have storms and more high winds (30-50 mph) again this afternoon.