Crafters Challenge March 26th-April 2nd, 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
trying to do sketchbook revival (2nd week) but with grandkids here and having to go in town for work or strike day not sure how much will get done. the knit socks are only missing toes since the last 3 weeks

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Topper for the window seat is all ready to quilt.
Did more mending for my husband.
Finished the Easter coasters.
I’ve gathered up some quilt batting scraps and some fabric I know I won’t use for my friend Debbie who is learning to sew.
My husband made some adjustments to the foot pedal and the pressure foot knee lift thing. So much better for me. Still getting used to the pedal. it’s not electronic, so it’s kinda like driving a clutch. I’m still learning to get the “feel” of it.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
My husband made some adjustments to the foot pedal and the pressure foot knee lift thing. So much better for me. Still getting used to the pedal. it’s not electronic, so it’s kinda like driving a clutch. I’m still learning to get the “feel” of it.
My first car had a clutch so my friends all asked me to teach them to drive. I would tell them it was just like a sewing machine. All girls had taken sewing in middle school in the olden days, so they understood. I told them if you went to fast you put a needle in your finger. This had happened in one of our classes so they learned slow and steady quickly. And keep your seams even for how to stay in their lane.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
So far this week I have finished a quilt block that I started last week after finishing the sweate. Got the picture of sweater on blog. Got word that my yarn got put on wrong delivery route yesterday so it’s back at depot to be resent out. woke Up to freezing rain so not sure when yarn will arrive. Guess I will start on second quilt block while waiting.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Greetings!

Seems like forever since I've posted on a crafting challenge! I see everyone has been keeping busy with all sorts of fun projects!!! :)

As for my part, I may not have been posting but definitely haven't stopped crafting! So far this year I've been working on felt ornaments for Christmas 2022.

I've finished 5 Mrs. Claus felt ornaments so far and have 5 Santa Claus ornaments almost finished.

I also made three greeting card organizers and filled them with homemade greeting cards. That was a project that took a while!!! Those will be gifts for a summer birthday and then for this Christmas as well.

Front:
https://flic.kr/p/2nbuuSP
Back:
https://flic.kr/p/2nbB7zA
Inside:
https://flic.kr/p/2nbzZ8Y
This week I am working on:

- Santa felt ornaments, finishing sewing on last one and then finishing them all up - adding the heads, etc.
- One more felt Mrs. Claus ornament I've cut and need to start sewing
- Hoping to make a start on the kits I've prepped for 3 more Rilla the Racoon felt ornaments
- I'd also like to do at least 2 scrapbook pages

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
7A428C8E-34E9-45CF-8983-4CA55379AF28.jpeg

I finished DD29’s birthday vest (soon to be DD30 on April 9th!!). I mailed it and she has the package! I said don’t open till her birthday!

I had enough yarn to make me one.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
jampss ~ Those worked up quickly, and yours is beautiful!

Very nice work AuntJamelle.

I finished the table runner for DD#1 and her BD card. I need to get them in the mail today.

homemade4me

MHH Member
Jun 30, 2020
San Diego County
All the above are wonderful lessons for children and grandchildren.......

My husband recently had a growth removed from his back that required stitches .....when he went back to have them removed the nurse commented on what a good job the dr had done and there should be no scar. She then shared with him that the doctor's grandmother had taught him how to cross stitch when he was a little boy. And he still would go into his office and cross stitch when he was under stress.....

How wonderful if his grandma could even dream that the talents she taught could help him in his future career........

Laurie

word for 2022 Simplify

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
The vest and socks make me feel warm and fuzzy!

Laurie, we had a surgeon when I worked in New York that had a some what similar story. She grew up sewing with her mom and grandma. She knew she couldn’t make the kind of living that she wanted “just sewing” so she decided to be a surgeon.

Finished the window seat topper today. I used a flimsy fabric for the backing, not all that happy with it but it’s out of my stash. I have the backing ironed so I can start sandwiching one of the Easter quilts.

Attachments

• 2211C4C2-D467-48AC-842E-593001FC521F.jpeg
    2211C4C2-D467-48AC-842E-593001FC521F.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 3
  • 8AE42608-946E-4ECF-9D5D-B8D8780158E6.jpeg
    8AE42608-946E-4ECF-9D5D-B8D8780158E6.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 3

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Beautiful knitting Lucie! Great yarn color(s).'

Myron's Mom ~ What a beautiful bench cover and fits perfectly! Great quilting, too.

I stumbled around in the studio today and found some binding fabrics for some potholders that I had started quite some time ago. They would be quick to finish up. I also got the latest fabric purchase for the placemats pressed and ready to be cut. One baby step at a time ...

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DD the yarn knits itself ... it's just one ball that makes a colorful pattern

Reactions: jampss

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Y’all made some beautiful things!! :)

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana