Crafters Challenge March 4th-10th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Well, ladies I have not did anything crafty. :(

Shaking vanilla.

Trying to deep clean some areas so when weather gets nice can get outside.

This should be the time I craft more but..... I have several ideals for stuff and buying fabric for those ideals so when I do have the time.

Are any of you moving on stuff?

Have a GREAT week.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I never think I am crafting but realized I do this weekly. Today I cut paper streamers for what seemed like for hours. I teach an American Girl doll class as an after school club and am always finding a way for the girls to do an accessory for their doll that relates to the historical doll we are studying that month. This month we are doing one of the newest dolls Marie-Grace who is attending a Mardi Gras ball so we made masks and will be making a ball gown skirt with the paper streamers. I have 22 girls in the class and 1.5 hours.

I also have a lego club after school and we made play mats with drawstrings so the boys ( 12) could play with their lego bricks on the mat. It makes for a quick clean up at the end of the session.

So I have been crafting just not my own personal stuff. I do have my items in bags waiting for me. Hopefully soon.

Last edited:

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
Still been working on my craft room redo. The drawers are done on my dresser projects. Probably wait for some consistently warm, good weather days to do the dressers. But, uploading a couple of pinterest inspired projects tonight.

ETA: hmm...picture isn't showing up for me. Here's the link.

http://magicalholidayhome.com/forum/album.php?albumid=57&pictureid=559

Last edited:

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
Thanks, Lana. One of the pins used pizza boxes and another used styrofoam. But, I used cardboard cake boards from the Wilton section of Hobby Lobby. Mine are 8x8; but they came in 6x6, 10x10, 12x12 and several rectangle sizes. The size I got were 1.88 full price for 6 boards; I got them on sale, though. :) I duct taped two together to give it more depth from the wall.

sierra_mtns

Retire Member
Oct 9, 2011
The tiles and carpet came for the doll house, so we will finish it this weekend. Whoo hoo!!! I will try to remember to post pictures.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Sierra mtns, can't wait to see the pics! my mom had one built last Christmas for my dniece...if she had told us about it , both me & DH would've loved working on it.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I managed to clear out the study/craft room last weekend, and made a Valentine's card for DH (we had our Vaentines last Sat as he was away on 14th Feb).

And then last night, I made 2 mother's day cards for my and DH's mum's. It is on 19th March here (earlier than the US I know), and as DH is going away again on Mon, I wanted him to sign his before he went, and I will post it during the week.

Otherwise, I started the new cotton beanie hat for DNephew for next winter. He is allergic to anything except cotton, so as I had a small amount of brown cotton (and enough orange to add a stripe so it just went far enough!!), I had made a hat in a hurry in the bad snowy weather last year (Jan '11), which still fitted him (JUST!) this winter. But he will need a new hat next year and DH's bro asked if I could make another for him. I have about 3" knit so far (doing navy with a lighter blue strip through it) including the first stripe - but I wanted to start it early so he gets it by winter....

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Winged One, amazing with all on your plate and you are finding time to craft! I really feel to shame!! I am just cleaning yet. Those are great crafts that you are working on. And to know that they are wanted is really nice.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Lana, having not done anything in weeks, I didn't spend long on those but it feels nice that I found an hour for the cards. I find I can relax better some evenings if I knit in front of the tv - especially if it is a straightforward project :)

My main "creativity" activity this weekend will be in the kitchen - I am cooking a nice rack of lamb roast tomorrow night for date night, and a big roast beef dinner on Sunday before DH heads off again.

(Whispers - I have plans to start on making my Christmas cards though, while DH is away and the study is quiet!!) Shh!! ;)