Crafters Challenge March 7th----March 13th, 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Howdy, Howdy!!!!

You guys that make cards are really tempting me..... I love the handmade cards but have always resisted. More to get and store and if I don't stay with it.....

Making some headway cleaning. Not alot with being at the hospital and then the funeral planning.

Thinking not much crafting will be done this week either.

But, as usual will be waiting to hear and see what all you guys will get done!!!

Keep on a crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Didn’t get a lot done last week and probably won’t this week either. Life is getting in the way.
Made little progress on my husbands quilt last week but will continue to work on it this week I hope.

I washed moms coat ( from the late 40’s/ early 50’s) that I’m going to use for a purse and wallet set. It washed up nice. I’ve been picking it apart which has been a chore. It was very well made except for the shoulder pads that fell apart in the wash.

I need to get busy on the ornament kits I have. Just got the March kit in the mail. I found a ornament on Etsy using the nutcracker fabric from my sons quilt. I’m anxious to get one started for him as I have plenty of fabric. I’m thinking I might pick a fabric from the winterville quilts and make ornaments from that too.

Lana, I feel the same way about making cards. I have so many other things I’m into. On the other hand it makes the card extra special knowing that someone took the time to make it.

Going to the Joann’s in Hudson later this week with my cousin. I am not buying fabric!!!!!! I do have a short list. Need rotary cutter blades. And I’m looking for some appliqué facing. I bought a bolt of the appliqué wonder thinking it was what I had before and it’s not. I found the label for what I want so I hope I can find it.

Have a great week everyone!

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
Good morning, all.

Lana, I'm so very sorry for your loss. I know you will feel this loss of your precious aunt, but I hope you'll also find comfort in knowing that you and Allen loved her so well and were a huge blessing to her. I'll be praying for you all.

I haven't much to report on the crafting front. I did go into town and pick up some yarn and fabric. And I've started on a couple of things I want to make for Easter for my three and my friend's two. But we've had a couple of sunny, warmish days here and I've been working on my spring cleanup, garden prep, etc. I love that! Makes me feel peaceful to have things orderly. However, it does get in the way of me playing in my craft room.

As for this week, I'm hoping to finish up with the two projects I have going at the moment- just need to assemble and add the candy- and then I have two or three other things I want to make so I'd like to at least gather the things I'll need to make them. I also want to get started on the two throws I've been asked to make and the ornaments for the exchange. I got most of the cutting done on those and now to assemble. But we're supposed to be having a beautiful week weather-wise and I have a garage and a storage shed calling my name, so we'll see.....

Have a great day, y'all!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Not crafting as such this week. DH has nearly finished the new desk/craft table that will go in there so once that is done I will know what I need to work on next. Will go to the very large craft store Spotlight on Friday with DD to look for fabric for bunting for her wedding.

Like a lot of you we will continue to have wonderful weather this week and I am in the middle of Winter prep so I am not sure how much crafting will get done.

Last edited:

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

Greetings!

Iris and I finished her snowman banner today. She would like to make some coasters to sell as a fund raiser but I can’t figure out how we would have time this late in her visit. I’m thinking about making some and givng them to her as a birthday gift (late April). That would be in time for the deadline for her fundraising. I know she would prefer to make them herself but this is the best idea I can come up with.

This week’s priorities:
  • Wall Hanging for DD’s early April birthday
  • September calendar hangers
  • March “A Quilting Life” BOM
  • Chrstmas/Winter Napkins

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
My box of baby yarn from Joann came today. I am so excited!!! I have downloaded a couple dozen pictures and patterns of blankets I want to crochet. Tomorrow I will start a baby blanket for an upcoming gr-grand baby.

Reactions: halimer and jampss

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
My box of baby yarn from Joann came today. I am so excited!!! I have downloaded a couple dozen pictures and patterns of blankets I want to crochet. Tomorrow I will start a baby blanket for an upcoming gr-grand baby.
I have been looking at baby blanket ideas but have not picked any out yet. Have you found a favorite pattern?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Went with DD yesterday to pick fabric for some decorations for her wedding. Got many metres of fabric to make bunting and potentially some fabric napkins. Will start cutting the triangles for the bunting today.

Last edited:
Reactions: jampss

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
4186BDDF-3B73-462D-B0CC-3364D58E6A99.jpeg
I made this poncho for DS’s Life Coach.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Love the poncho! I have 2 that my grandma made me back in the 70’s and I still wear them.

Not the most productive week again. I finished 2 ornament kits. One I don’t really like all that much. My sons nutcracker ornament is started. Still working on getting the nutcracker fabric on the ball the way I want it.

Need to lay out my husbands quilt on the living room floor where I have some room. Unfortunately I can’t seemed to get rid of my pesky husband long enough to do it.

My trip to the Hudson Joann’s with my cousin was fun. I am happy to report I didn’t buy any fabric!!!!!! I did buy a duel temp glue gun only to find out they will be on sale next week. Glad I didn’t open it yet, I’ll return it and rebuy it.

Enjoy the weekend every one

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I will try and get a few more flags cut out for the bunting for DD's wedding. I think that it is going to take me many, many weeks to get them all cut out, there will be hundreds of them.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Jampss ~ Beautiful work! It will make a lovely gift!