Crafters Challenge May 10th--16th, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Happy Mother's Day!!!

May will be half way through at the end of the week!

Saturday we were in the call to a couple different towns so Allen was the one basically getting out so I got 16 ear savers crocheted but have to do the 2 crocheted buttons for them yet. These were from some pretty bright colored yarn. I would like to do 25 of them and then I have the 6 red from earlier in the week done.

I need to find my flannel and make a few baby washcloths and burp rags.

I still have to put the last part onto my CIJ swap ornaments and wrap them.

What are your plans for the week?

HAPPY CRAFTING!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I would like to assemble the knitting projects that I have just finished, I would like to make some gift tags and finish off a few small projects. I would also like to sort through my fabric stash and see what I can use it for

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Didn’t make it on last week but got some knitting in along with the last shoebox kit done. Than I when through my list of sewing projects and boxed up into shoe boxes another 7 projects. The 7th project is fabric for a skirt I remember using but cannot remember which pattern I planned to use so I need to go through my patterns. By the amount of fabric I must of been thinking a floor length skirt.

So this week my plans are to do some sewing, knitting and figure out which skirt pattern I am going to use that skirt fabric for.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Working on my quilts. Have half the house blocks done. Plan on finishing them by mid week. Then will start the snowflake blocks.
Looking forward to getting out to shop. Want to head to the Joann’s in Hudson and a quilt shop ( if they open) the end of the week since retail is opening up.
I feel like I’m running behind in my projects. Part of me knows it’s only May the other part is thinking “oh my gosh, it’s May already!!!”

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Myron's Mom ~ I alternate between "IT'S MAY ALREADY!" and "IT'S ONLY MAY" too.

I have so much CCS that I hope to do and think it won't really take long, but it actually does take quite a while ... hours even for a small motif.

That said, I'm making good progress on the CCS December owl. All of the monthly cats are stitched, but I still need to decide what border I want to use and stitch that as well. For 12 of them, that, too will take a while.

I'm not sure what, if anything, I'll accomplish in the studio. Kathy and I are going to try to get inside Joanns on Tuesday. We tried Thursday, but the line was long and didn't seem to be moving, so we gave up.

We are going to the lake on Thursday, and I'd really like to have some sewing to take along. If I can prep the pieces for the next bench cover, I could work on that, but I may just opt for a UFO (teal pinwheel quilt) that would be easy to grab and go with.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
My house quilt blocks are all most done. I need to sew the roofs on the last 20 houses. I’m going to finish them up tomorrow. If I feel up to it I will finish cutting the fabric for the snow flakes ( I think I have 96 of them to do). Friday is shopping day!!!! Going to go to a quilt shop and the Joann’s in Hudson. :)

Reactions: Lana

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Got all my house blocks done!! Well except for 4 that I am replacing the roofs today. I found fabric when I went shopping yesterday. Yes, I shopped. I stool inline a Joann’s. Bought fabric for the purse and wallet set for our friend and some solids for a few quilts to make for me. I found the batting for oven mits and it was on sale so I bought a yard to play with. Then I went to a quilt shop a got the roof fabric and a new purse pattern. I wore my mask,used purell, and my Lysol wipes. Was nice to get out. Washing fabric now and heading down stairs to work on quilts.
Have a good weekend everyone!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Kathy and I did get into Joanns on Tuesday. It was very disheartening to see the half-empty shelves of fabrics and very low stock of DMC floss. I did manage to find a couple of fabrics for the placemats, and purchased some muslin to have on hand for practice free motion quilting, prototype quilt blocks, etc. as well as some Aida.

We are back at the lake for a few days. We may get some rain this afternoon. If so, I'd like to get the sewing machine out and work on the placemats.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DD, I have not been to the craft store for a while but from what I hear they are very understocked. I don't know if this is because a lot of people are doing extra crafts at the moment. I am looking through my craft room to see how I can utilise what I have here for further projects. Luckily I seem to have the materials I need for my next upcoming projects so that will keep me busy for a while. Also want to write a list of what I might want to start so that if I see the materials for those items I can buy it.

Last edited:

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I don't know if Michael's or Joann are open yet. Maybe, but I'm not going to check them out. Walmart's craft supplies, yarn, notions, and fabric are severely picked through and have not been replenished.

I'm going to crochet a couple baby hats tomorrow, and then I can mail those and the baby blanket to dsil and his wife.

I bought a bag of craft stuffing a couple weeks ago, and with my supply of yarn I think I'll try some amigurumi. Dd showed me some tiny little micro dragons crocheted with embroidery floss - she wants some. They are adorable, but the digital pattern on Etsy is about $10, kind of pricey. I'm not sure my arthritic fingers will let me use that small thread.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Spending the day finishing off some knitting that I have done over the past few weeks. I enjoy the knitting, not so keen on the assembly. All the items are for Christmas gifts so will feel great when they are stored in the gift closet.
Need to think what to start next.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I did work on the placemats today, although it took me a while to figure out what my original plan was and why I had cut the pieces the sizes I did. I finally worked it out and got them sewn together. They are now ready to sandwich with the other sides, quilt and bind. These are the reversible placemats I started a while ago. One side for Valentine's Day and the other side for St. Patrick's Day.

I also did a bit of knitting while DH and I watched a new series on Prime.