Crafters Challenge May 23rd----May 29th, 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Wow!!! We will be to another months end!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

Amelia, the quilt is really pretty that you did! Thank you for sharing the picture with us.

As you all know I have not been crafty for quite some time. I am really missing it. I was wondering if any of guys would like to take over the thread starting? I don't mind doing it at all but feel like such a failure with doing nothing and you guys are ALL so productive. I know my time is coming back to do stuff. Allen is doing normal stuff like before and feeling better. At times it swells and gets tired but he did nothing (or very little) since late last August. Aunt Im's house is getting pretty well cleaned out (should have it by the end of the week) except some papers and pictures to sort. My sewing room is getting the sacks of baby clothes out and hoping to get the rest out. So, I don't mind putting the thread up but I just figured you are all like wow....does she ever craft?!?!?!?!?

What do you have planned for this week?

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Lana. Sorry you are going threw a rough patch. We all have had these rough patches and sometimes it seems to take forever for us to get out of them. But the time will come when the rough patch will wash out to sea and a new patch will wash in. Don’t be hard on yourself and when the time is right you will be back crafting. Please be sure to take time for you.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I did get into the craft room yesterday and prepared some items for crafting. I hope to do a sample of jewelry art this week. It is all trial and error. Next I will kit up some American Girl doll clothes for dgds for Christmas. They have several dolls including the dolls my dds had.
Plus, I would like to make some changes to some Christmas decorations. I already have. It is my plan to have everything to go by late June and spend the month of July crafting and gift making.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I worked on CIJ ornaments last night. Almost done. I refuse to ever use hot glue again, after giving myself such a bad burn last year during lockdown. I found Zots and Zips at Michaels - tiny little glue dots and narrow glue strips.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Lana ~ Personally, I enjoy and appreciate your getting us going every week even if you're not actually crafting. We know it's in your heart, and I like hearing from you. Your day will come again! If it's a burden, though, I'm sure someone else would/could do the get-go, even if we leave it up to the first one here in the morning.

Rose ~ Happy knitting and sewing!

MissJoDee ~ You have a good plan!

GrammaDeb ~ I'll have to look for the Zots and Zips.

My plan is to do some knitting (maybe the afghan I started for myself or possibly a little sweater for either Valentin or one for Sonja). I did finish the sweater for Julia last week and have enough yarn to make one for Sonja. I probably should do that first while the pattern is fresh in my memory.

I also need to get back to some CCS, maybe a wedding gift and/or a BD gift for a friend ... a wall hanging for me? Lots of options in my world!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Greetings!

Lana ~ Personally, I enjoy and appreciate your getting us going every week even if you're not actually crafting. We know it's in your heart, and I like hearing from you. Your day will come again! If it's a burden, though, I'm sure someone else would/could do the get-go, even if we leave it up to the first one here in the morning.
Ditto.

I know for me right now with DS's issues .... I'm taking time for me ... to 'breathe' .... I think we all have times that we have to step down for a time.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL