Crafters Challenge May 24th-May 30th, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
5 months will be down for 2020!!!

So many cute things done last week.

In this room of mine I have to find the last part to put on the CIJ ornaments. Thought I had enough of the package ideal I want but short a couple pieces so have to wait for Hobby Lobby to open.

What are your crafting plans for the week?

HAPPY HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Another week closer to Christmas, I have a slight sense of panic. Cut out some felt mittens yesterday, I will decorate with felt stars. Not the colour I want to use (I have pink and white and I want to do blue) but am using what I have until I can get to the craft store. They are just for in the gift closet.
Picked up some white spray paint so will work on painting wooden beads this coming weekend.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I have been working in the garden hoping to grow some herbs and flowers for gifts this year. I have put orange mint cuttings that had had roots into some soil. If they continue to grow, then I want to drop the orange mint off to the teachers next week when go back to drop off books. I also want to make up a pizza seasoning spice mix for the teachers to drop off next week. .

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Time is flying! We must be having loads of fun!

Oh my! There's so much on my list that I want to do RIGHT NOW! We're having such nice weather, that I also want to be outside working in the garden!

In the next couple of days (maybe even today since it's rainy) I want to finish up the placemats. I only have one Valentine placemat yet to finish (hand stitching the binding) which I will do this evening if not before; and the shamrock placemats are ready to be marked for quilting.

I'm also running my embroidery machine to stitch out some shamrock ornaments and am anxious to make a small Valentine table topper to coordinate with the placemats.

Plus, it's time to mail the June pillowcases and make the July ones.

And I don't have a spring/summer bench cover yet!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I’m in a panic!!! It’s the 25 th. I wanted to have these quilt tops done by June first and that’s not going to happen lol. I don’t even have all the fabric cut let alone sewn. Glad I didn’t wait to start them, deep breath, I will have all my gifts done by Christmas Eve.......

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Oh dear! I hate to see panic this early! I'm still trying to finish up my Valentine and St. Patrick's Day decor items, though. I didn't really realize that I wanted them until the holiday arrived and I wished I had them. I plan to be ready for Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day 2021, however. No still idea about Christmas 2020!

Today I got two of the St. Patrick's Day placemats quilted. I may get the other two quilted before the day is out, but my back needed a rest. Don't think I'll attempt to do the binding today.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Isn't it funny how we start to "panic" so early? I'm guilty at times!!!

Finished 5 more etched glasses!

Also went through and gave craft room upstairs a complete overhaul - organized supplies - the works! Found a lot I had forgotten about! Even sorted all my felt - scraps too - so I am all ready to dive in on my projects!

I've continued to work here and there on second recipe binder. Have two tabs left - and the front and back cover to do - then I can print recipes and fill!

Before I start the 3rd one!!! lol

I also testing cutting felt with my Cricut and it seemed to work fairly well. So I have to work on importing all the pattern pieces into the software. And then I will go through my newly sorted felt supply to pick out my colors for the first one!

Hoping to make good progress this week!!!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Got the first pass of sewing done on the stars. Tomorrow if I have time I want to get some or all of them pressed. Then I can sit in front of the tv and pin the rows together to sew.

I stopped at the dollar tree yesterday and found 2 really cool books. Victory Girls, Patriotic Quilts and Rugs of WW II and BurdaStyle Modern Sewing, Dresses for Every Occasion. Both books contain full size patterns in them. I got a couple of each for my friends. Such a deal for a dollar.

stopped a Joann’s too. This particular store was totally stripped of stock. Usually there is 4 rows of fabric on the one wall- it was down to one row. Lots of empty shelves everywhere. Good thing I was wasting time before my hair appointment and not looking for something in particular.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I have been working on an embroidery tablecloth that Ddil got me. I broke the nose piece on my glasses and found the last section I did is not up to my standards while wearing my old glasses. So I put that project down.
Will have to wait until I can get the glasses fixed.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Everybody is doing so good on projects!!!!!

MM, GREAT find at the Dollar Tree! I haven't been in awhile but ours never has that kind of stuff. I watch Amber Strong at times on FB (she does crafts) and her DT has tons of stuff. She will show the store when she goes. She is in Georgia. She gets these mini cutting mats and I would love to find 3 or 4 of them. Ours does not have them and they aren't on line. She does some nice craft at times and other things I don't care for.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Lots of great progress being made by you all!

I have all the placemats done and a start on a table topper to coordinate with the Valentine placemats. I'm so pleased with how the table topper is stitching out on my embroidery machine. I finished three pieces today and have three more pieces to add to finish it up. It's very creative the way it's designed to stitch a larger project on a small hoop machine.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Everyone is working on such fun stuff! I'm working on a crocheted slouch hat that will have a little nose and whiskers and Dumbo ears .... it's a Dumbo Rat Hat for DD28's friend. :)

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I got another 5 glasses etched - only one "oops" that I think I can fix...

Cut and weeded stencils for 6 more glasses.

Worked on weeding the large images I cut a while ago to decorate the front and back covers of the second recipe binder. Did some work on another divider tab.

Finished backer and final assembly on a mini embroidery hoop ornament I worked on a while ago - so that's done!

Did some work on a couple of other felt ornament projects too.

Have decided I'm going in a different direction on ornaments for the twins this year. The idea is still forming in my foggy brain but I'll post when I have things firmed up.

Cut the stencils needed to etch the bottoms of two 8x8 glass pans.

Ordered some more etching cream :D

I've got several designs created and ready to cut in Cricut Design space for various iron on felt projects.

I'm also kicking around ideas for the ornament I'll make with DS this year for him to "give" - thinking polymer clay this time - a thumbprint snowman...

I'm also going to try making colored salt dough for a few different projects I have in mind...can't wait to play!!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
AJ ~ You're on a roll!

Lucie ~ Any better luck with the socks?

I finished the Valentine table topper and love it! I have all the supplies needed for a shamrock table topper kitted up and will take it on our camping trip (leaving tomorrow evening...just found out last night that the campground is opening YAY!). When/if we get some cool weather, I'll set up my embroidery machine in the trailer. Hope it's not too noisy!

Need to get to Joanns today to pick up batting that I ordered.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I have been working in the garden hoping to grow some herbs and flowers for gifts this year. I have put orange mint cuttings that had had roots into some soil. If they continue to grow, then I want to drop the orange mint off to the teachers next week when go back to drop off books. I also want to make up a pizza seasoning spice mix for the teachers to drop off next week. .
Would you please share your pizza seasoning spice mix recipe?

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DD they are started! I'm almost finished with the cuff of one sock.

Now, howver, I ran out of wool for my crochet shawl... thought I'd get some at the dollarstore because they had the same wool... nope they don't have it anymore, searched online... $10 a ball! way too expensive.... so will wait awhile and if I don't find less expensive I'll undo and make a regular scarf with what I have.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul