Crafters Challenge May 26th-June 1st, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Another new month on the horizon !!!!!!

I am going to have to start the CIJ ornaments. Have one picked out and haven't changed my mind again so......

Some nice work you gals all got done last week---keep up the good work!

What is on your list fro this week?

HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Lana ~ I'd love to see the CIJ ornaments (not only yours). Do pictures get posted after the exchange? How many are you making?

We are at the lake till Thursday. This morning is rainy, so I plan to set up my sewing machine and work on sewing together some quilt blocks that DD sent home with me. Once home I need to make up the CCS wedding card and get it and the table topper in the mail.

I'll also be knitting on the wedding afghan and hope to get started on a CCS owl. The owl is a SAL that I'm falling behind on, but don't actually need them for a year or two.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Knitting and sewing and I want to start prepping some index cards for the ICAD challenge.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Goodness! I’ve been trying to play catch up- you all have been so busy.
I treated my self to a serger class 2 weeks ago. Didn’t know any thing about them and never had touched one. Well guess what is sitting in my sewing room! I fell in love with it. I got a pretty good deal on it along with the embroidery editing software I was going to buy this fall. That all prompted my husband to redo my sewing room. It’s turned out very nice, it’s still a basement room but much more user friendly. I’ve been cleaning and purging and reorganizing. New shelves, lights, outlets and 2 sewing tables, my husband is pretty handy guy. Today is the first time I’ve been able to use my new space. Making covers for my outdoor cushions.
Have a productive crafting week everyone.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Nice to have a new space for the new addition to the sewing family.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
MM, exciting to have a remodeled space to do lots more crafty and glad that DH was able to help out.
Need to do 1 more heart and then done, this last one seems to be taking forever to get to.
DD gave my a sample of some flannel make up wipes that she would like if possible. I am not a great sewer so will need to watch a youtube video to get an idea of how to do them.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Just like that it is Wed. I haven't even turned on my computer. List is same and will be until I get this stuff done
I have been in training at work until today. I work tomorrow and have Friday off I usually work Sunday's and have Saturdays off but this week I have Sunday off for some reason instead of Saturday so hoping that on Friday I can get to work on stuff for Kayla's room as long as the rain stops

My cup
make and put decal on it
third cup of epoxy

Makayla's room This will most likely take a couple of weeks

:)Paint wicker shelf that is in her room now
Paint dresser
Paint other dresser
Make foil pan flowers for her walls
Put hooks on tiles I already made for her room

Night stands
sand windows
build the frames for them
paint

Head board
:)have my best friend bring me over the picket fence she has I am using for head board
:)sand fence
paint

End of bed bench
build
paint
put fabric on top (which I have to remember to pick up tomorrow since it matches her bed set perfectly and on clearance for $1 a yard)

Vanity
build
Paint

Vanity chair
build
Paint
put fabric on

Makeup shelf
build
Paint

Last edited:

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I finally started on the CCS owl last night. I hope to make a couple of tissue box covers today.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Still need to finish the last heart. I don't know why I just don't sit down and finish it:rolleyes:

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
My friend brought over the fence for Kayla's headboard this afternoon plus another fence piece over that she needed cut for somethings for her dining room so we got those stripped and sanded down then before we knew it the time was 8:00pm. Her son was calling her he wanted something to eat so we got everything cleaned up. Glad we did since not even a hour later were having a thunder storm. She is coming back over with some barn wood she got that were splitting and were going to get that cut so hopefully also going to get the head board painted tomorrow then get the night stands at least built and painted since I did get some old paint scrapped off one of them today. I think I got into poison Ivy today while weedeating I will know tomorrow for sure if I cant open my eye where I think I have it. My eye is swelling now. Hopfully not and its just my allergies

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Finally finished the last heart and it is in the gift closet. I have cut out 10 sets of pink felt hearts that i am going to decorate with pearls and flowers. Been wanting to do these for a long time. A nice project to do at nighttime.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Greetings!

Lana ~ I'd love to see the CIJ ornaments (not only yours). Do pictures get posted after the exchange? How many are you making?

We are at the lake till Thursday. This morning is rainy, so I plan to set up my sewing machine and work on sewing together some quilt blocks that DD sent home with me. Once home I need to make up the CCS wedding card and get it and the table topper in the mail.

I'll also be knitting on the wedding afghan and hope to get started on a CCS owl. The owl is a SAL that I'm falling behind on, but don't actually need them for a year or two.
Yes, pictures will be posted after the exchange. I've put them up on my blog in past years and I think Lucie did too.

Reactions: luludou

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
One tissue box is done, and I like the way it turned out. I took pictures along the way and now have a tutorial so I can do it the same way every time. I'll be making several more. I've ordered more Stiff Stuff for that purpose.

I've also been working on the April CCS owl, the prayer shawl, and the wedding afghan … and re-sizing a vinyl table cloth. Not to mention gardening, relaxing in my hammock chair, and prepping for our travel trailer trip (leaving tomorrow morning to visit relatives on the other side of the state … we bring our own bedroom LOL).