Crafters challenge May 30-June 5

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Rose, Thank you so much for starting the thread!!!!!

We had a 3 day rummage sale at my sisters and I just walked into the house 9:15 Sunday night! I stayed over last nite (and Thursday night) so haven't been home since about 6:30 a.m. Saturday.

Rose, what sewing is sitting by your machine?

I have to finish up some stuff on the CIJ ornaments.

Happy Crafting to All!!!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I guess I never got here last week.
Finished 3 skirts last week. Cleaned up my room after to get ready to start purse and wallet sets.
currently I’m making a wallet for my self. I’ve found some you tube videos of new techniques to sew them. My wallet is a practice run before I cut into the good fabric. I’m using the plastic pattern pieces my husband got me for Christmas and I love them.
My goal for the week is to finish my wallet and cut out the 3 that I need to make. I doubt I’ll get any farther with my schedule.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
20210529_101347000_iOS.jpg
DD29 gave me this yarn last year. I tried crocheting socks for me. They didn't turn out too good. So, last week I frogged them, and instead made this (paw prints in the beanie)! I'll be set for cold weather .... in many many months from now! LOL

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Rose ~ Thanks for starting the thread.

Lana ~ Whew!

Myron's Mom ~ It sounds like you have a new wardrobe! I'm curions about the new wallet pattern/techniques and the plastic pattern pieces.

We've been at the lake and will head home tomorrow. While here, I've been working on the knit sweater for Sonja, some CCS and some machine sewing on a patriotic chenille wall hanging. The wall hanging is ready to cut the channels when I get home, bind, wash and then hang (in July). I struggled with the sleeves on the sweater late last night, but I think (hope) it's all good now. We'll see in the light of day. I was probably just too tired last night.

I should be able to finish the peacock CCS today. When home, I need to surely finish a CCS motif for a BD card and make the card, possibly work on a table topper for a BD gift, hopefully finish the chenille wall hanging, and see how much I can accomplish on Sonja's sweater. The sweater is fairly near completion. When it's done, I want to start on a sweater for Valentin. I've purchased the yarn and selected the pattern (DD says it's adorable).

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I feel like I am in a bit of a crafting rut. I really need to push through with the binting and get that done. Unlike other things on my list I cannot transfer it to next year.

So looking forward to seeing what you are all working on this week.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Finished my wallet. Will start cutting out my gifts tomorrow.
Rose, I buy some of my patterns and hardware online. Pink Sands, Emmaline Bags, Sew Sweetness, are a few of the companies. Some of the quilt shops here teach bag making and sell supplies too. My NCW templates came from Tops and Bobbins. Zippers come from the quilt shops or Zipit (online). Much cheaper than Joann’s. I use Chicago screws in place of rivets. (Hope that Santa brings me a rivet press.)
Lots of new ideas (actually some just common sense when you think about it) on you tube. I’ve switched from Peltex stabilizer to Decovil light for the wallets. Nicer finish and easier to work with. To decrease bulk, stabilizers are cut smaller so it’s not in the seam allowance. Zippers are cut shorter and have finished tabs so they are not in the seam allowance. One video traces out the pattern on a larger piece of fabric then sews it and then trims it to size. Much easier to navigate the 1/4 inch seam allowance on the curves. You can literally learn how to do anything from you tube.