Crafters Challenge May 31st---June 6th, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

We're going to be camping all week (leaving this evening). I'm actually taking my embroidery machine and hope to make a St. Patrick's Day table topper. I have all the fabrics cut and ready to sew. Hope I've got everything I'll need! I'm also taking some CCS and knitting.

I won't be able to check in much, as we won't have internet (or even cell phone) service except for when we leave camp. Have a good week all!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
We're officially HALFWAY THROUGH THE YEAR, people!!! Can you believe it?????

Completed a couple of projects!

Small canvas zipper pouch with iron on quote:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/49960564888/in/dateposted-public/

And although I am usually not a fan of, ahem, crude humor - I couldn't resist the following play on words for my SIL that will totally laugh at it and love it:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/49960564958/in/dateposted-public/

Applied vinyl designs to front and back cover of 2nd recipe binder, turned out great! Wasn't as far as I thought I was on getting this 2nd one done but I've been plugging away!!!

Ordered some more vinyl supplies and also a small planner I am going to turn into a Christmas planner for a friend - in a similar fashion to how I have been making the recipe binders.

Got the first Mrs. Claus ornament pattern pieces cut on my Cricut and tracked and cut the pieces from felt. Ordered the wooden balls in the right size for the head and those arrived. Cutting the felt on my Cricut did NOT work very well so I gave up. It was nice to cut the pattern on a nice solid cardstock though so it wasn't a total wasted effort!

Have 3 more glasses left to etch and one to fix. Then I need to find more stemless wine glasses because I want to make MORE! lol Also need a glass 9x11 pan to etch as well. I will have to look for the pan in person to make sure there isn't too much of a logo imprinted into the glass on the bottom, that can interfere with the etching showing up right.

I have several more canvas bags and zipper pouches lined up to add vinyl designs to - will work on selecting designs and creating them in my Cricut software!

Happy crafting, all!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
AJ, love the bag too, I really needed a good laugh.

Well it’s June 1st and my quilt tops are not done yet. I have snowflakes and holly to do yet. I’m cutting out the rest of the fabric except the borders. I’m down to the back ground fabric- I still have 342 1.5x1.5 squares to cut! I hate little pieces of fabric!!! And 96 holly berry blocks that aren’t much bigger. Quilts will be cute but, I will need a break. I’m wearing my klutz glove so I don’t wack my fingers cutting all the little pieces. I’m thinking one more full day of cutting then I can finishing sewing.
Have a productive week everyone!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Right before lunch I started crocheting on a doll blanket. Thinking Teigan for Christmas. Just doing the double crochet. It should be done in a few days working on it at work. During lunch.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Made really good progress on recipe binder last night - I'm in the home stretch now! Tabs are done! Just some decorative elements left then printing recipes and filling page protectors! And making the beaded bookmark.

Cut the iron on vinyl designs for one tote bag and matching small zipper bag - will try to weed and apply tonight if possible.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
D125B812-1538-4015-BACF-10DD0811B3AE.jpeg A70026DD-2553-475B-B69A-B289926FAE4F.jpeg

I am finishing a meandering paw print scarf!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Love the scarf!!!

I've knocked out a couple more projects - and I'm thiiiiiiis close on the 2nd recipe binder!

Here is a small black zipper pouch type thing I added a vinyl design to:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/49970573081/in/dateposted-public/

And I'll gift it along with this black canvas bag to a dear friend:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/49970059368/in/dateposted-public/

I've organized my photos of the recipe binders into albums on Flickr if anyone wants to browse:

Recipe Binder #1

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/albums/72157713686478141

Recipe Binder #2

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/albums/72157714576177258

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
The boy baby blanket & hat are finished and ready to mail to ds & ddil. I dug out the pink baby blanket I started before I had to switch to blue - I hope to get it finished soon. It will go on a shelf until one of the kids has a baby girl.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I never did make the spice mix for the teachers. However, every single teacher got an orange mint plant that I grew. :) I think I will still make the spice mix up in the fall and have it ready to give it to the teachers early in case we go to online learning before Christmas.

Extracts and liqueurs are still aging.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Today, I went into my sewing/craft space looking for the puppet theater that you put in a door way with tension rods I made for my kids when they were little. I found it after I went through almost everything. The great thing about it is that I resorted and coordinated the fabric I have. I pull together the fabric for a Raggedy Ann doll I plan to make and the fabric I can use to make Christmas Stocking. (I have 2 choices so am thinking on it.) I also cleaned out my boxes of notions. I didn't feel overwhelmed but relaxed because I was listening to an audio book the whole time. (Audio books are a the only kind I can get right now, our library is still closed.)

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
JoDee, it sounds like you got a lot accomplished!
AJ, those binders are wonderful! What special gift.
Jampss, I love the little paw prints, makes me think of my boys.

I have finished the snowflakes today. They took longer than I thought. I kept confusing myself and flipping blocks the wrong way. They turned out very pretty and we’re worth the work. The holly ( the last section!) is cut out and I’ve pin basted as much of the little pieces as I can. If my husband stays away long enough ( I know, that doesn’t sound good!) maybe I can get them done tomorrow. I just might have the tops completed by the end of the week. I have a few appointments and planning a trip to Amish country for a fabric sale but I should have enough free time to finish.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I don't think I did any crafting last week, I was busy with other things. Can't have many weeks like that if I am to get things ready for Christmas.