Crafters Challenge May 6th-12th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Welcome to another week!!!!

Not sure if anything will get done this week but as always I am constantly thinking of projects to do!!! Would so love to have more time!!!!!

What are your plans for crafting this week?

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Knitting!!! :)

I have two pieces I'm ready to cast off on. Dilemna = I've forgotten how to cast off! lol

Will need to put my Learn to Knit DVD in after DS goes to sleep one night and review the instructions - I'm sure it will come back to me!

Trick is to get DH to let me do that before he starts watching his TV shows for the night!!!

And to have the energy!!!

I'm also trying to get motivated to move forward on the remaining fabric wrapped hangers I plan to do for gift sets. I got the material strips prepped, and have made a handful of felt/fabric flowers. Just need to finish up and pull it all together!

I also need to finish the ornament I made for DS this year. Its a simple little bear design where the bears eyes are supposed to peek out over a scarf. I wasn't happy with the material I found for the scarf so I never finished it.

Trying not to go buy something new so need to regroup! May be able to find the right material by going through clothes in the garage sale pile...or maybe I'll knit/crochet something. It doesn't need to be big which makes it simpler.

Projects on the horizon:

- Beach Memory Jars (1 for us and 1 as Bday gift for a friend)

http://decorate.tipjunkie.com/how-to-create-memories-in-a-jar-mason-jar/

I'm going to simplify the craft a bit by gluing an artificial starfish to the top of each jar instead of making one from paper as in the tutorial. I have one starfish already (from the $ Store I think) and will just have to pick up another one

- Butterfly Wreath (Bday gift)

http://talesfromanoccottage.blogspot.com/2011/08/butterflies-are-free.html

I'm going to try my hand at duplicating this wreath, although perhaps going about it a little differently than the post above. I have some really nice, sturdy silver ting ting that is all curly and pretty that I'll cut up and wire back together into a circle to form the base of the wreath.

Then it should just be a matter of printing, cutting a bunch of butterflies from there. Looking forward to this one!

- Felt Ornaments, Variety (Christmas gifts)

- Cell Phone Holder from Babywash Bottle

http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2011/12/holder-for-charging-cell-phone-made-from-lotion-bottle.html

I have a purple "night" scent bottle that I've almost used up that would be lovely with some coordinating fabric. It will make a very simple gift for a friend who happens to love the color purple! Easy to ship too since she has moved out of state!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
AJ - like the things you posted - the cell phone holder is a smart idea!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I haven't been as creative as I would like to be...

Started a pair of leg warmers for a Christmas gift. If they turn out well I may make some more. I have a very simple pattern that just uses worsted weight yarn and could work on my stash...

I'd also like to do some scrapbooking...too many ideas and too little will....

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Tonight I am hoping to sew on this shirt for Jaymee. It is a piece of fabric with smocking across the top and all you have to do is hem it and make a side seam so shouldn't take long. Have had it a couple years so need to get it done. Wouldn't take long if I just do it!!! One more piece of something would be out of here!!!!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Okay, I got the shirt washed and it is yet to be sewn on. Allen and I (& Shorty) went walking last night and made the cheeseball for today.

I did get a pair of baby soxs done-crocheting the pink beads on. Did one Thurs. at lunch and one Friday. That shower is July 1st. Have to do a multi color yet and then burp rags, bibs and will see what else.

Got material yesterday after work for a fleece blanket for a baby shower that is June 3rd. Hope to do some peepee tepees for that one and a few other things.

Also got the items for the CIJ swap ornaments that I think I am doing.

I am always getting---NEED to get DOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!