Crafter's Challenge May 7th---May 13th, 2023

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I swear the new week comes around faster and faster!!!!

We just got home from Wal-Mart (at 11 p.m.--didn't leave until like 8:38). Anyhoo, I got some stuff to try my CIJ ornament. What I had thought I would do is not going to happen I don't think this year so needed a back up.

I did sew Allen's bee suit up last night. A seam and then had to reattach part of the zipper on the veil.

What are your crafting plans for this week?

As always, HAPPY CRAFTING MY FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Weeks are faster and faster!!!
Was going to work on purses today but it’s going to storm so I guess I’ll just clean my upstairs. We have taken some major lightning hits with damage here so not worth the risk. Tomorrow I’ll start sewing, I have all kinds of pieces parts clipped together ready to sew.
Our leather class is this week. I have a short list of somethings I want to ask about and maybe buy at the shop.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Hoping to get a few more things of this list this week

May crafting list.
()mending—1 of 4 items taken care off.
(X)mother’s day card
(X)gift bag
(X)May cards—yup I’m feeling behind
(X)finish up baby quilt top—a UFO that I want off my list
()get a case made to hold baby quilt top, binding and backing.
()knitting—have a couple projects on the go
(x)June cards including two graduations
()a couple sewing projects
()hope to get DGD quilt block fixed finally so I can move onto the next one

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am a little behind. Would like to start some knitting so will look at a few patterns and see what inspires me.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
A friend of mine wanted some more cat toys stuffed with cat nip. I made her some a year or so ago. So, I have some bright cotton yarn out and I am whipping up some crocheted kitty toys like a fish and door hanger with a ball. :)

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Myron’s mom. Where do you get your purse handles from? I purchased a summer/spring purse last July and the handles are already falling apart. I really like the purse so I was thinking I could replace them. They are just sewn on.

June cards are done.
Rose, the majority of my purse handles I make from whatever fabric I’m using. Lately I’m seeing a lot of you tubers using what they call seatbelt webbing (which I guess is fancy webbing). I just watched one where they made a rolled handle with webbing but I’ll have to see who that was. I’m thinking I need to try that soon. Pretty much all my hardware comes directly from emmaline bags out of Canada and a few things from pink sands designs. Emmaline not only sells webbing but also leather handles. I think the leather ones would need to be riveted, but if you used Chicago screws all you need is a punch and a screw driver.
Hope that helps.

Reactions: luludou and Lana

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Thursday husband and I did the leather belt making class. We made 2 really nice belts but the class wasn’t what we thought it was going to be. We basically put together kits. We do know that we can make belts pretty easy. Husband bought me some leather for purses that he thought I needed. Who can turn that down lol.
Finished one of the purses for the silent auction today. If my back cooperates I may get the matching wallet done too.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
It’s a good thing that I got the purse on clearance(end of season sale) as i found it is starting to come apart near the zipper as well. Myron’s mom I have bookmarked those sites. If I can’t find a new one I like I may try making one using this purse as a pattern.

A little knitting and card making is all that I got done this week. Was hoping for more but it was warmer out than usua for this time of year so being outside over crafting won.

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul