Crafters Challenge May 9th---15th, 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Another month will be half way thru at the end of this week!

We are thinking of having a rummage sale over Memorial Day weekend at my sisters so will be trying to get things priced! Will get the baby clothes out of my sewing room and hopefully so getting it back over the summer.

What do you have planned to do for the week?

HAPPY HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Another beautiful painting!!! You are blessed with the painting gift.

Hope to get back to my quilt this week if I can get my head screwed on right.
I’m supposed to have breakfast club this week. If I go I’ll stop at hobby lobby, Jo’s and Michaels to look for some burlap ribbon to finish the ornament gift.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Wow, Lucie! I love that picture. You are definitely gifted!

This week we are getting ready for a trip to Nebraska. I have a few CCS charts kitted up that will be good to take along. I hope to finish the wedding afghan before we go, but if not, it's too big to take, so will find a smaller knitting project. I'm hoping to also be able to finish the May BOM block that I've got started and maybe, just maybe, finish the December calendar hangers.

Wednesday Kathy and I will be going to Pacific Fabrics (we need to have reservations to shop there during COVID). I want to find backing fabric for a Christmas tree skirt that I want to make for a wedding gift.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
3944232B-1E99-4180-BF92-631699762DDB.jpeg
4891516B-B400-423F-BA56-A2E040157D4D.jpeg

ADB055B6-A007-41AE-BE5A-E0EE86E9116A.jpeg

I have been doing spa sets, animal bookmarks, and paw print coasters. My friend’s birthday is Tuesday, but I’m going Monday to sit with her mom, so I am making her a paw print coaster to take them. Her Fur Baby is a Pug!!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
MSQC has 15% off today for Mother’s Day.

I don’t know how many bag makers there are here but I have a question. My friend Jackie is having a baby and I would like to make her a diaper bag as one of her gifts. While I know how to care for babies (NICU nurse here) I’ve never had a baby. I’m clueless about what makes a practical diaper bag. Can anybody suggest a pattern or features that good to have or worthless? Or even a particular bag I can take a look at in a store. I’m sure I’m over thinking this but that’s me. I understand some things are personal preference. She’s a very special friend so I want it to be nice. I would appreciate any ideas you have, if any of this makes any sense. Thanks!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie, love the flowers in this one.
Have a great week everyone.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Amelia, that is a nice ideal for a gift. So many out there and I know everybody has a different taste. Seems the backpack types are popular here.

I made the cover for the car seat that cover it from the weather when Teigan was born and the cover to put inside the shopping cart when she could sit up in there and hold the bar so all was covered. (long before covid!)

I normally do the burp rags for babies. In shape of hour glass---kinda. (my g'ma did all of our kids some so copied off of hers). Then Pam on here always talked about flannel wash rags and I make those. Have did the peepee tepees a few times.

Hope you find what you are looking for. I saw the 15% off but didn't look at anything.

Jampss, nice projects.

DD, lots of plans!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Jampss ~ Nice gifts!

Myron's Mom ~ I don't think I can be of much help with the diaper bag. Inside pockets I think would be helpful and a shoulder strap. I think a portable changing pad (made with PUL) could be very helpful. It will make a lovely gift!

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Lucie. Beautiful painting
Jampss nice gifts
Myron's mom I see a lot of younger moms using diaper bag backpacks that have both the single longer straps and the backpack straps. Maybe check online of pictures etc of different diaper bags for ideas and go from there. I did notice that some of the new moms now like a little pouch that matches the bag that they can put a diaper/wipes and a small change pad into that they can just grab for a quick change when out and about.

Watched a movie yesterday and got the ends sewn in on the first shawl and have started on the second. Plan to get some sewing in this week as well.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Amelia, I had two nappy bags. One was quite large and the other was a smaller one. I found the smaller one to be quite useful.
My suggestion is to look for a smaller bag as a large bag when filled can be quite heavy and awkward. I agree that a shoulder strap and pockets are a must. Not much help sorry.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Myron's mom I see a lot of younger moms using diaper bag backpacks that have both the single longer straps and the backpack straps. Maybe check online of pictures etc of different diaper bags for ideas and go from there. I did notice that some of the new moms now like a little pouch that matches the bag that they can put a diaper/wipes and a small change pad into that they can just grab for a quick change when out and about.
I loved my backpack/diaper bag for DS ... 17 3/4 years ago!!

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Julianne - love the paw print coasters!

Reactions: jampss and Lana

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
My ds has a little thing clipped to his diaper bag/backpack. It's called "Munchkin Arm & Hammer diaper bag dispenser." It comes full of disposable bags for dirty diapers - costs around $5 at Target and Amazon. Very ingenuous. He also has something that looks like a sippy cup with 2 handles, but it has a nipple instead of the sippy spout. His 9-month-old baby loves it.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Yay! Finished the December calendar hangers!

Also ready to knit the border on the wedding afghan (only about 12 rows).

Now ... wouldn't I love to get a t-shirt neckline altered so that I can wear it on the trip! Too much to wish for?

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
C294471E-87BA-41DB-BF71-D26CE84039E5.jpeg
Just doing some .... coloring this morning whilst listening to the Bible App.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Thank you all for help with the diaper bag ideas! You all have been most helpful! I have 2 patterns I’m looking at (who’s names escape me) one is more traditional the other is a convertible shoulder, crossbody or back pack. And there are you tube tutorials for both! Haven’t narrowed down a diaper clutch yet. By accident I’ve found my main fabric so that is ordered.

I’ve been in need of decovil light. Prices are on the rise, yikes! I found some reasonable priced and ordered from several suppliers.

Finished my ornaments finally. Not all that happy with the ribbon. If I find something I like better I can alway redo.

I am now on plan “C” on quilting that quilt. It hasn’t gone as planed. 3 times a charm.
Hope everyone has had a productive week!

Attachments

• 8CDA2115-1D9A-439E-BFAB-FACE24E80B17.jpeg
    8CDA2115-1D9A-439E-BFAB-FACE24E80B17.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 8

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I accomplished a lot this week. I was able to make the CIJ ornaments and wrap them as well as do some sewing. I found it in inspiring and I am making plans to do more. I believe I have some American Girl Doll clothes cutout to sew for Dgds’ Christmas.