Crafter's Challenge Nov. 21st-Nov. 28th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello!

I am going to repost my list from last week and just start marking the stuff off~~~~I hope.

Next weeks date the 28th~~~in a month it will be over!!! BUT... We will all be planning for 2011!

This week I should knock some stuff out. When I get done posting here I will start the reindeer poems printing (if I find it)!

Lets get cracking with the pedal to the metal ladies!!!!!! (why I pulled that pharse out of the air who knows!!!)

My list:

(/ ) I have coasters to make for 2 co-workers and a friend MATERIAL IRONED 11-25

( /) 2 diffferent Christmas ornaments to make for family and friends HAVE GOT MATERIAL ON 11-21

( ) Ornament to do for co-workers

( ) would like to get a couple table runners done that I just got material for on Friday, uless I do those next year

( ) Might do coasters for another friend-not sure or a table runner

( /) The vanilla I started last January will need to be bottled GOT THE BOTTLES TO PUT IT IN 11-18

( /) I also need to make some lotion PURCHASED ITEMS ON 11-23 (might need some more vit. E)

( ) seasoning salt

( ) decide whether or not I am doing DD's tree skirt for a gift this year (she'll be in her own house next yr. Other times I think that is good but...)

( ) Also see whether or not I will do her peguin coasters

(XX) reindeer feed MADE ON 11-20 HAVE TO DO POEM YET FINISHED IT ALL YESTERDAY 11-25 AND HANDED SEVERAL OUT

(/ ) snowflake ornaments on my cricut expression PURCHASED PAPER ON 11-24

( ) hot chocolate mix (sponge paint a canning jar all white and then add his face features. If you spray it with clear varnish it stays on better thru the handling of it)

( ) finish writing about 14 recipes for my nephews cookbook

Adding: (11-26)

( ) snowman pillow for my sister~~she saw the panels when over last Sat. and fell in love with it (have had them forever) so will do that for her.

al this week ladies!!!!

Last edited:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I will have to go check my list today!! :)

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
I have been working on eyeglass cases all weekend. The lady at the shop told me they were almost gone, so I'm trying to get them finished to deliver tomorrow.

Yesterday I went to an art/craft show that I am hoping to sell at next year. I need to meet with the lady that runs it to see if my things are worthy. A friend of mine makes pottery and has had a booth there for a few years, when I saw her at the show yesterday she said that when they opened in the morning, there were 200 people waiting to come in. My jaw dropped, that is awesome!

Have a fun week crafting! I'm heading back to my sewing machine....

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Hope to get my butt in gear and finish a hat I'm doing for a lady dealing with BC here.

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
[X] Fabric sack 1
[X] Fabric sack 2
[X] Cut prints
[X] cut solids
[] cut solids
[] piece
[] piece
[] baste
[] baste
[] quilt
[] quilt
[] bind
[] bind
[] pillow 1
[] pillow 2
[] pillow 3
[] pillow 4
[] pillow 5
[X] 10 cd covers

Just reposting from last week... halfway done with piecing the first quilt today, hoping to finish tomorrow.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I'm going to post my list again and knock things off (and possibly add a few!).

[][][][][][][][][][] Cut and sew 10 Stockings for adults
[][][] Sew 3 crayon rolls (already cut)
[][] Sew 2 "taggie" blankets (already cut)
[] Sew dollie blanket (1 already cut, may make another)
[] Sew mini-tote (already cut)
[] Cut and sew pillowcase for DD
[] Sew handles on other mini-tote
[] Stuff and hand-finish DD's owl cushion
[][] Sew on buttons to 2 crayon rolls (already sewn)
[][][][] Sew in ends on facecloths (teacher presents)
[] Sew in ends and add button to scarf
[] Sew buttons on DD's duvet cover

[] Make another 20 (YIKES!!!) Santas and Snowmen from 2 finger KitKats (for DD's school and creche buddies) - 8 Santa and 4 Snowmen completed so far

[] Make chilli oil
[] Dry bay leaves
[] Make Onion Marmalade/chutney
[] Make spiced cranberry vodka
[] Make 2-3 batches cookie dough - slice'n'bake type for freezer
[] Make chocolate truffles
[] Make chocolate covered cherries preserved in Gran Canaries honey rum (cherries preserved already, need to do the chocolates part)
[] Make fudge sauce
[] Strain and bottle for presents raspberry vodka

[] Cut and sew DD's pyjamas
[] Cut and sew PJ's for DNephew
[] Buy fabric, cut and sew pj's for other DNephew (if I manage the first 2 pairs OK)
[][][][][][] Sew and stuff tree decorations (already cut)
[][][][][][] Make little cross-stitch pictures to put into clear plastic baubles (this is perhaps too ambitious for THIS Christmas!! LOL!!)

That is a scary list, but better to have it all in one place (and if I don't get to it all, that's OK!!!).

Meanwhile, I have used my paper cutter to slice up a bunch of plain coloured sheets of paper, given these to DD with a roll of sticky tape and her scissors (I have a "toddler" craft scissors for her which she uses under supervision) and she wanders off to put another few loops together for some paper chains - so there may opr may not be enough to hang, but it is keeping her occupied and it is crafting too (cos she wants to be busy like Mammy!!). And it is not too messy!! Great bonus!!

ETA - It looks like no progress on the list above, but that is where I am at this morning - I actually did a lot of sorting and cutting yesterday, and will hve the final stocking plan this morning once I magnify it up on photocopier!

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
[X] Fabric sack 1
[X] Fabric sack 2
[X] Cut prints
[X] cut solids
[] cut solids
[X piece
[] piece
[] baste
[] baste
[] quilt
[] quilt
[] bind
[] bind
[] pillow 1
[] pillow 2
[] pillow 3
[] pillow 4
[] pillow 5
[X] 10 cd covers

Wow WingedOne, that is quite a list!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
[-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][][] Cut and sew 10 Stockings for adults - Have cut out 7!!
[][][] Sew 3 crayon rolls (already cut)
[][] Sew 2 "taggie" blankets (already cut)
[] Sew dollie blanket (1 already cut, may make another)
[] Sew mini-tote (already cut)
[] Cut and sew pillowcase for DD
[] Sew handles on other mini-tote
[] Stuff and hand-finish DD's owl cushion
[][] Sew on buttons to 2 crayon rolls (already sewn)
[][][][] Sew in ends on facecloths (teacher presents)
[] Sew in ends and add button to scarf
[] Sew buttons on DD's duvet cover

[] Make another 20 (YIKES!!!) Santas and Snowmen from 2 finger KitKats (for DD's school and creche buddies) - 8 Santa and 4 Snowmen completed so far

[] Make chilli oil
[] Dry bay leaves
[] Make Onion Marmalade/chutney
[] Make spiced cranberry vodka
[] Make 2-3 batches cookie dough - slice'n'bake type for freezer
[] Make chocolate truffles
[] Make chocolate covered cherries preserved in Gran Canaries honey rum (cherries preserved already, need to do the chocolates part)
[] Make fudge sauce
[] Strain and bottle for presents raspberry vodka

[] Cut and sew DD's pyjamas
[] Cut and sew PJ's for DNephew
[] Buy fabric, cut and sew pj's for other DNephew (if I manage the first 2 pairs OK)
[][][][][][] Sew and stuff tree decorations (already cut)
[][][][][][] Make little cross-stitch pictures to put into clear plastic baubles (this is perhaps too ambitious for THIS Christmas!! LOL!!)

I also found an alphabet chart that I like so that I can cross-stitch everyone's initials for the stockings, if I find some quiet evenings. Otherwise, I might just print off the names in a nice font and put them onto old fashioned postage tags.

Last edited:

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
I am making good progress today. I now have all 9 stockings cut out, and 4 of them sewn. 2 of those will need a tiny bit of handsewing, but the other 2 are complete!!

I may go at them again tonight, but probably leaving until tomorrow now (I have to go to dentist and we are haivng a "Mini Thanksgiving" dinner tonight that I need to buy and cook).

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Good job WingedOne!

I am taking my reindeer feed to put the poem on and some material to cut out to my sisters to do after we eat. Maybe some of the ornaments to sew around out of g'mas old quilt so Garrett and Danielle will have them for their tree~might just put them with their gift. I hate just sitting when I know I have stuff to do at home. Figured this way I can stay and still accomplish something!

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
[X] Fabric sack 1
[X] Fabric sack 2
[X] Cut prints
[X] cut solids
[] cut solids
[X piece
[] piece
[X] baste
[] baste
[X] quilt
[] quilt
[] bind
[] bind
[] pillow 1
[] pillow 2
[] pillow 3
[] pillow 4
[] pillow 5
[X] 10 cd covers

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope you have a fabulous day.