Crafters Challenge Nov. 25th-Dec. 1st

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Well, one month from today and Christmas is here. By this time all the presents around here will be opened. I assume Jaymee will be here in a.m. but have told her we can change that.

What are you going to be working on this week?

I will be doing the following:

sweatshirt-Aunt Imogene (sew on it)

stocking-for Jaymee (want to do her one from wine material)

need to make 3 barbie shirts

2 tic tac toe games from material

Reindeer Feed------Mel and I did 59 but need some more

Ornaments for co-workers and family

would like to do a scarf for Jaymee

wouldn't mind doing some potholders but will see.

I have pillows that I sewed together but need to stuff them now.

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
All that NEEDS to be done is done.
I do have some crafts I would like to do but it can be after Christmas if need be - for next year.
Now I want to work on my Christmas art journal

sierra_mtns

Retire Member
Oct 9, 2011
Well, everything got put on hold while I was in the midwest getting DM settled into rehab and assisted living...I need to just make a lit of what I can get done between now and a week before Christmas, get the finishing up supplies and go for it. I need to get holiday envelopes to hold the bookmarks I made from DFIL's ties. I need to finish mini pine cone ornaments. The pecans I need to finish up hm turtles are sitting by my desk at work, so I need to dig the Rolos (cheap after Halloween) out of the freezer. I need to dig out the small decorative bags I bought in after Christmas sales last year. I will need them to hold the hm turtles.

Cindasnow

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
well a few weeks ago I was determined to get things done and then life got in the way. i have made my list and will see what I can get done this week. My husband is interviewing for a promotion this week which would mean a move so in the coming weeks I may have to be doing a lot of housework in order to get the house clean in order to sell it which may alter my plans drastically. This week will be make it or break as I see how much I can get done. At the end of the week I will reassess and decide what needs to be taken off my homemade list and be replaced with something I can buy but I really do not want to have to do that. Here is my list of needs to get done before Christmas:

2 Pj pants
3 purses
skirt for oldest dd
4 baskets personalized with vinyl
2 flashlights personalized with vinyl
4 crayon pouches
10 junk journal kits
2 hat racks
mesh wreath
6 cake carriers personalized with vinyl
2 candy jars personalized with vinyl
15 sandwich containers personalized with vinyl

I also need to make 2 tulle wreaths for a birthday party
and 3 banners on the cricut
-happy birthday
-maggi
-christina
Guess I better get busy

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'd love to see pictures of all the crafts that each one does :)

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Also trying to finish up stuff that has been started - doing some thumbs on wristers and need to do some blocking of scarves.

Cindasnow - what is a junk journal?

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Well, I wrote all but 1 of the cards I made on my flights over the past few days (and a bunch of others that I bought). I am keeping that last 1 until closer to the holidays, as I want to send it to my aunt and Gran, but need to hold off to see if Gran will keep going to the holidays (very cheerful but bed-ridden and very very frail, really mostly old age, at 93).

The only thing I NEED to finish is knitting a beanie hat that I am making for DNephew in Scotland.

I would LIKE to finish off a bunch of tree decorations I have been making for siblings, but I cannot see that happening so that will be for next year's stockings

Cindasnow

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
Junk journals are kind of like old times scrapbooks. They sell something in stores called smash books that just a book of all kinds of paper for pages and you doodle, glue things like programs, tickets, cards, etc. add stickers and pockets and just about anything. I saw them as a very popular gift ideas for Tweens and teens. I am making my own with composition books and filling an envelope in the bag with papers, mini envelopes, paper clips, cool pens, stickers and whatever I can finding stash for the girls to create their own smash book.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Well, I managed to finish the knitting part of that beanie hat - the last 6 stitches are on the needles so that I can pull thread through and sew up side seam!! Yay!! I intend to do that either tonight or tomorrow night, so I can pack up a parcel to send to DSis with all the gifts for her and DNiece/DNephew (they are not travelling home this year).