Crafters Challenge November 10th-16th, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Good Morning!!!! WELCOME! WELCOME! To another week!

The last couple of days I have purchased a few things for crafts. Not saying for this year tho.

For this year I would like to do the following yet:

sew some cord wraps

make some potholders

make a couple blankets for Teigans stroller

have some ornaments to make

Kim, you have a nice list

AJ, cute patterns on the link you shared.

Enjoyed looking on the blogs of the projects some of you have been doing.

What are your crafting plans for this week?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
work on baby crochet blanket.. but have to do it slowly as hands are starting to ache

Reactions: Lana

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I finished two ornaments yesterday, one for Valentin and one for Iris (both CCS).

Still on the priority list are the growth chart, BD cards, cuddle throw and Grinch ornaments. I started a picot bind off of my chevron cowl, but it remains to be seen if I have enough yarn. If I run out, I will have to go back to the drawing board. It will be close.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am working on knitted dish cloths. I want to have a little supply for the closet.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Oh lets see. I am waiting on an order to get here that I need to get an order of 13 ornaments done each of them completely different. Told one of my associates today that I needed to make unicorn horns for two ornaments I am doing she said you will have to text me a picture I may want a couple of them too. I have already made her 6 different ones for her she said they make great gifts for family.

Ok lets see what I can get done this week. Think I will post what I get done rather than a list this week since I need to sit down and figure it out yet

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Kim I will be joining you on the posting on what I get done. Ended up not feeling well the rest of the week after being sick last weekend. Had yDGS here this weekend and catching up on some things around here today. Hope to get back at crafting tomorrow.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I gave my new sewing machine a work out yesterday, and it's great. It has a lot of automatic features, like buttonholes … put the button in the extended foot, select the style of buttonhole you want to sew, place your fabric under the presser foot and step on the gas. It sews around the buttonhole and stops when done. There's actually a button to push, so you really don't even need to step on the foot pedal. All the stitches I sewed were beautiful, too. My second machine hasn't come yet.

Hope to spend some time on the BD card/flat fold for Valentin today.

Reactions: Lana and luludou

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
DahliaDoll, What brand machine did you get.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
DJ. Your machine might also have the feature that if you don’t raise the foot when you finish your button but simply step on the foot or hit the start button your machine will make the button hole again right on top of the one you just made. Great for heavy fabric.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
It's a Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630.

Rose ~ Yes, it will do that. Don't foresee needing to do it … famous last words ...

I finished the flat-fold card for Valentin. Wish I had checked out my tutorial first to avoid some frustrating mis-steps, but it turned out okay in the end. I'm seriously considering getting a Kreinik cording maker after watching videos on how it works.

Today is sewing club and perhaps a little shopping for Dirndl trim. I might also get a BD card made and more stitching on the September CCS cat which I started last night.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mum dropped off a lot of knitting cotton that she cannot use. I now have enough to do knitted dishcloths for all the girls at work for next Christmas.