Crafters Challenge November 14th---November 20th, 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Month is going by!!!!

I will try to finish up my light ornaments for family and friends and crochet the mini wreath pattern I found. I don't have green but got red and white skeins so I think looks more like peppermint than wreaths.

What are your plans for the week?

Happy Crafting!!!!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I want to color the tips of some pine cones red, green and white for the garland that goes on the stair rail. I should be ready to decorate after that is done.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
The time is flying by! Thanksgiving is almost here! Yikes!

I’ve been working on trees here. Will finish the living room tree today. The 3smaller ones will wait until next week because I want to do some quilting this week. Would love to have the 2 Christmas quilts done in time for Christmas this year.

I’ll be using a different edge to edge quilting pattern from JuJu (forgive me if that’s not the right spelling). I need to get the patterns downloaded to a stick tonight.

Ordered some thread and a box of pre wound bobbins for my new machine. I didn’t order a lot incase my machine is picky about thread. I found some leather at hobby lobby that was within my budget. Can’t wait to start playing.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lana ~ Your “peppermint wreaths” sound delightful!

Jody ~ I’ve always wished I had a banister to decorate … but I don’t want the stairs … LOL

Rose ~ I’m glad you’re able to do a bit of knitting.

Lucie ~ I need to get cookin’ on ornaments for DGCs!

Myron’s Mom ~ I love JuJu’s designs! Which one(s) are you using? I ordered some King Star metallic embroidery thread because I’ve heard it sews beautifully. I didn’t realize I had ordered such large spools, but that helps explain the cost! Have a great time with your new machine. I hop to be doing some quilting this week, too, but it’s a busy week for me.

My list is LONG! My time is SHORT! My primary focus this week:

• Thursday ~ NW Quilt, Craft & Sewing Festival
  • Knit afghan for Julia (then Valentin’s when Julia’s is done ... I work on these in the evening or while riding in the car.)
  • Name tags for Stitched Together group (I can have these stitching on the embroidery machine while I work on something else.)
  • Monster Truck quilt (for Valentin)
  • 2021 Christmas cards (need greetings & address envelopes)

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Working on a hat and a mitten

Reactions: jampss and Lana

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Those pinecones are beautiful. I collect them and then never know what I'm going to do with them. LOL

I have all the name tags stitched up. Kathy and I will get together on Saturday to finish them which involves cutting all the jump stitches, removing the stabilizer and then trimming the edge with pinking shears.

I've decided to make machie embroidery gingerbread houses and gingerbread cookie ornaments for the grandchildren, so need to check my supply of felt to see if I need to buy some.

Julia's blanket is coming along great. I'll be knitting in the car today as Kathy drives us to the NW Quilt, Craft & Sewing Festival. It's over an hour drive, so good time for knitting and chatting. It's straight knitting, so easy to do while visiting.

Reactions: Lana and jampss

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Those pinecones are beautiful. I collect them and then never know what I'm going to do with them. LOL

DJ you should check out Pinterest. I have seen people make flowers with different size pinecones, Christmas trees etc with them.

Tags are done along with a little more knitting.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Actually got some quilting done! 2 whole hoops. Not much but it’s a start. I’m using the design called Christmas decorations. I wasn’t sure I was going to like it when I stitched out a practice run. The stitches didn’t look all that nice and it’s very directional design. It’s different than Amelie Scott edge to edge. My husband and friend encouraged me to use it so I did and it’s stitching out really nice on the actual quilt.

Dahlia, I’ve never used anything but Floriani thread. I haven’t had any issues with their metallics. I do slow my machine down though. Let us know how the kings star works out for you, I might have to give it a try.

I bought a couple red vases at the Christmas sale in Kidron last week. I want to do some floral arrangements with twinkle lights for Christmas. Need to get busy on those.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Made a set of curtains for the farm and hemmed a bought set to the correct length. I am hoping to work on some tea towels tomorrow while I still have the sewing machine out.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Rose ~ I'm not necessarily trying to find something to do with the pinecones, I just want to have them should something find me. LOL As you know, I have an astronomical list already!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul