Crafters Challenge November 15th---November 21st, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello! Hello!

Not alot of activity on the thread last week, but I think several are working on decorating now. I had hoped to decorate this weekend/next week and then when vacation starts on Friday I would be down to crafting BUT with Jaymee and Teigan being locked down for 14 days decorating will wait.

I am going to do my list for everything I need for crafts and get it here before being off. Hope I get it all.

So will carry my list over.

Kitchen Boas

Reindeer Feed

Ornaments

Seasoning salt

Lotion

Pillows

Magnets

Pocket Prayers

Teigan's Poster

What are you working on this week?

I need to go check your blogs and see what pictures I missed.

Happy Crafting!!!!! I put an Apple Snicker Doodle Cake on my blog that everybody seems to like.

Last edited:
Reactions: jampss

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lots of Thanksgiving prep going on here. I'll have to check out the Apple Snicker Doodle Cake for one of our kaffee und kuchen afternoons! Thanks for sharing that.

In prepping for Thanksgiving, since we are having company coming and staying overnight, it was imperative that I prioritize moving the stuff back to the studio from the bedrooms (after our flooring project). That was just the incentive I needed and I finished it up last week! I still have some craftermath control to do in the studio before having guests, though, so that's on my list.

Last night I did manage to make a modification to the Do-It-All Bin and am okay with it, so I will go ahead with the second one.

In addition, I have some machine embroidery projects I want to finish up so that I can take the machine in to get a "micro" screw put in that it apparently lost. It helps the needle stay in place, so without it, I need to babysit the machine to replace the needle if it falls out.

I'll keep knitting, too, and perhaps get back to a CCS motif I would like to make into an ornament for Kathy.

That should keep me busy enough!

Reactions: Lana and jampss

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Busy decorating my trees here. The sunroom will be finished today. Have the entry way tree put together and fluffed. If get all of them done (5 total various sizes) I’ll get my room cleaned up and start a quilt.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
This week craft plans are to:
Continue to work on my Christmas socks
paint a wooden reindeer for my Christmas urn
keep up on the sew along

and by the look of my sewing room a tiding up is in order. Have been purchasing craft items for next year crafting and just piling it up in a corner of the room. Need to get it put away—hopefully by project so it’s all together when Im ready to make it.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I hope more of you will consider our CIJ Swap (Christmas In July) this year. I normally put the sign up-up the first of the year and it stays up till end of Feb.. The ornaments get mailed to me by end of June and I get them back out to you by the end of July. You send me the amount it cost to send yours to me plus and extra $1.50 and I DO send back any extra that would be due to you. I pay the extra on ornaments that don't send enough. It is so fun to see the talent of everybody! We normally have 7 to 8 people so we make an ornament for everybody. Be thinking so you can choose one and get supplies needed now if needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: jampss and luludou

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I think I will try making some spice/dip blends for gifts and stocking stuffers.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Spice or dip mixes sound creative. What kind of spice mixes are you all making and how are you putting it in a container?

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Hey Peeps! I finished embellishing a t-shirt for Julia today with Elsa from Frozen on it. I'm starching 2 more shirts for Iris and Sonja to stitch a science motif and a unicorn, respectively. I want to do simething with these shirts while they still fit them. LOL

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I spent yesterday playing with Kathy. We bounced around between Joanns and Ben Franklin, then back to my house for lunch and some S&B. I knit while she did CCS. Finished the prayer shawl and a headband/neck warmer.

I want to spend some time in the studio today working on machine embroidery embellishment of some t-shirts. Once those are done, the embroidery machine is going in for what I hope will be a very quick turnaround repair. It has a screw loose! LOL It was serviced just a few months ago, so it doesn't need the whole service routine, just replacement of what is apparently a "micro screw" that only a technician can replace.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I'm sure that for the spice blends I found them on Pinterest.

I'll get them into the containers using a funnel.

And I really must knit - knit a funnel?