Crafters Challenge November 17th--November 23rd, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Zip Zip Zip---you gals are moving right along!

I have some vacation time coming up so will get some stuff done. I work 3 days this week and then go back on Black Friday.

My list to do yet for the season is:

Make lotion

Make seasoning salt

Make the Reindeer feed

Have 11 ornament tabletop pieces to do

Cord wraps

Potholders

Baby doll blankets 2 or 3

Jar Openers

Maybe a few more scarfs for people

I know some aren't crafts but........

What are your plans for this week?

HAPPY HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lana ~ That's a long list! Best wishes!

Rose ~ Good luck with your list, too.

I have a couple of crafty play-dates scheduled this week which will take me away for the whole day (Thursday and Friday). Other than that, I hope to focus on finishing the ornaments and perhaps the cuddle throw. Well, that was my plan when I got up this morning … then DD let me know how long Iris wants the Dirndl, so I need to get that laid out and see if I need to get more fabric. She wants it quite long, and I think we are going to try to talk her into having it a bit shorter. When I Google Dirndls, the length seems to typically be just below the knees. It's important to nail it down, as there are several rows of trim at the hemline, so it doesn't seem very forgiving for shortening or lengthening.

Reactions: Lana

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I made some good headway on Christmas cards yesterday. I should get all of them finished this week. Also working on pillowcase lace - this project is shaping up to be a 2020 present.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Cut 3 felt ornaments today. I want to work on these and work on the baby blanket

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Progress here, too.

Yesterday, I glittered the ornaments for the Grinches, and DH drew the faces on with an indelible marker (he's better at it than I would be). We need to get some yellow paint for the eyes and maybe some red to paint a heart on the back. I also played with how to make Santa hats for them.

I got the skirt measurements for the Dirndl from DD#1 and needed to get more fabric. I was able to find it at Joanns, but they sure don't have much left … on that bolt anyway. It's been washed, and I have one more skirt piece and one bodice piece left to cut out of it.

I wasn't able to find 1/4" red satin ribbon to finish off the ornament for Iris, so I finally broke down and ordered some.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Not too much here. I did get the big tree up though. ive started working on a quilted pad for the window seat. I have a cushion but it’s 12 years old and a pain to get the cover off to wash. I’m doing a log cabin block out of scraps and odds and ends in fall colors. I just about have the top together. I won’t take long to quilt and bind.
I found some cute fabric at Joann’s - it a lining type pretty red with white dots. I’m thinking I’ll make bags instead of using a cellophane bag for my gift baskets.
I need to start to finish putting together my ornaments so I’m not rushed closer to gift giving time.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Still working on knitted dish cloths. Enjoying sitting and just doing something at night knowing that there is no rush.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Katrina—-enjoy your knitting.
Myron’s mom great idea making reusable bags. I have some fabric left over from making the mermaid tail that I am thinking of turning into bags for the DGD Christmas decorations next year. It’s soft green netting type of material with stars all over it.

Bath tea is all taken care of and ready to give. Bookmarks are pkg up for gift giving, small gift boxes and card holders are also done. I have also cleaned up my mess from those crafts. Just the pj’s to go and my Christmas crafting will be done.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Katrina ~ I'm kind of between knitting projects now and don't want to start something big. Knitting wash cloths would be a good project for me right now, too.

Rose ~ Good work!

I have all the pattern pieces for the Dirndl cut and am tentatively planning to take it to Open Sew when we get back from our Thanksgiving trip. I will also have my second new sewing machine that I can test out with this project.

Hope to have all the ornaments and the cuddle throw done before we leave (Friday after Thanksgiving).

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
My window seat pad will get quilted today. Going to start putting together my ornaments too. I have a hair appointment next week so I want to give her my gifts then otherwise it will be after the new year.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
One of the variety shops here has great looking Christmas tea towels out at the moment. I might grab a whole bunch and do some crafts for next year.
A great time to think about what we want to do next year and stock up on supplies.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
One of the variety shops here has great looking Christmas tea towels out at the moment. I might grab a whole bunch and do some crafts for next year.
A great time to think about what we want to do next year and stock up on supplies.

I agree about picking up supplies now for next year crafting. I have already purchased fabric for DGD nightgown, supplies for my Christmas cards and trying to figure out what else I want to make so I can grab needed supplies.

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I am taking a break from working on a shirt turning it into an Indian shirt for Teigan for their feast on Tuesday. Had a white shirt Allen dyed dark brown and it was dark. Had another shirt that was a rust-peach color so dyed it with not so much dye and like it better, Got some fabric and will sew on it around the top. Got feathers so will do a headband and necklace--maybe a belt. Wasn't a planned craft but kindergarten do Indians and first grade will do pilgrims.

I also have items purchased for next years crafts.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Pj’s are finished and not on my list but I also made a pair of hand warmers for DD December birthday. This finishes my Christmas crafting list for this year. I do have a few things I want to make for myself and will work on them as time permits.
Rose that must feel good to have your crafting done for Christmas. Good work. I would like to make some bird ornaments hoping to sew them tomorrow and take them with me to work on while I am traveling in the car or at Mom's. next week.

Reactions: luludou

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
Made 21 Christmas cards today and cut papers for 28 more. I need to make a trip to Joann to buy more supplies to finish the next batch.

Reactions: Lana and luludou

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Jane - nice to be finished for this year.

Will do the edging of the baby blanket this weekend and try to do the appliqué dinosaur that goes on it. Then have 3 felt ornaments to do before Christmas.

I agree, we have to start buying to make the crafts for next year… some things aren't available after Christmas.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Congratulations, Rose! It must feel great … I wouldn't know, LOL. I'd be crafting anyway, so just as long as I get everything finished in time, I'll be happy.