Crafters Challenge November 1st--November 7th, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Into another new month!

I sewed a small pillow today out of placemats from Dollar General that say Bless This Nest. Small rectangle. Then I decided to take it apart and remove their stitching. Also, Undid the edge of 4 others that say Have a Merry Little Christmas with the red truck on them. Have enough stuffing for 2 or 3 so will have to get more.

Need to work on more pocket prayers and kitchen boas.

Will start some ornaments when the right size rhinestones come.

What do you have planned for this week????

HAPPY HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Lana - clever idea about the pillows from placemats!
Rose - I need to finish some knitting too!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Thanks for getting us up and running (and I mean running at this point LOL), Lana!

I made some good progress on Christmas cards yesterday. Plus, I finished up the nativity blocks for Sonja's BD and got started on an applique for a t-shirt for her that she asked for. I'm also working on some other items that will be tuck-ins with the Christmas cards. I finished Iris' Christmas ornament, so I only have one left to do (for Sonja).

So in the studio this week, I'm thinking I should finish the December pillowcases first and then work on Sonja's Christmas ornament (machine embroidery), plus January and February calendar hangings. There are tons of other things I want to make for Christmas gifts, so no end in sight until it's time to mail!

TV time crafts could include working on the Christmas card tuck-ins and knitting on a vest/shrug for Iris.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I think I will work on some finger-mitts for friends for Christmas this week.

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Crafting day with my cousin was fun. We did a no sew star from ornament girl. I still need a embellishments for the front and back of mine. My November kit came and I’ve started working on that. I didn’t realize that the Christmas club kits did not come with the Ebook, only the video. My fault, I didn’t read the description very well. The book is much easier for me to work from in the evening. The ornament is cute, should finish it tonight.

This weekend I’ll make the tea bag holder that a friend ordered so my husband can deliver it next week. I also have a adult bib requested to make. Otherwise not much planned.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I finished the December pillowcases yesterday. The November pillowcase that was mailed to Sonja was damaged in the mail, so I'm going to make a machine embroidery acorn that DD can sew to the pillowcase to patch it. I want to get that done early today so that I can put it in the mail with her birthday present.

I had a video chat with a friend yesterday. She has been making knit headbands that are very cute. I found these videos for knit and crochet versions. I want to make some with scraps of yarn that I have. Thought I would share the links. I think they will make nice girlfriend gifts.

Knit version:

Crochet version:

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I must knit! Too many UFO's

Reactions: jampss and Lana

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Got Sonja's gifts wrapped and mailed, together with a patch for the damaged pillowcase. I also got Sonja's Christmas ornament finished and the hanging cords put on a couple others to finish those up. I ended up making cording using the thread that was used on the ornaments (freestanding lace) so it matched exactly. I used my Kreinik cording maker which is coming in quite handy. I did some work on some Christmas cards, too.

Rose ~ As always, love your knit items! I've finally got some knitting going again. I really do enjoy it.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Everyone is doing so well. I have run out of steam but need to get moving again. Need to do shower melts for DD, DFSIL and my mum as they are gifts for Christmas.

Reactions: Lana

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Everyone is doing well! I finished DS17 beanie. I'm almost done with DNiece meandering paw print scarf. Next .... I think I will look at this crochet t-shirt pattern .... :oops: ... I have never made a 'shirt'.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Katrina ~ How are you making the shower mats?

I finished some items for tuck-ins with my Christmas cards. I think they turned out well.

Kathy and I attended the Stitched Together meeting today. It was very well attended and some great show-and-tell. Many members also bring little gifts for everyone and there is always a large table of free items that members are getting rid of. We had time to go to Joanns and Hobby Lobby before the meeting, and I found some needed supplies.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Finished the 2 ornaments finally today. Fixed the zipper on my cousin’s mother in laws robe. I had never done that before. It went well except I couldn’t hang on to the pliers and the tiny zip stop at the same time. Chased that thing around for a while and finally had my husband help me lol. The tea bag holder needs the button sewed on and the top stitching and it will be done. Then I’ll make the bib for our friend. Once that’s done I’m going to be selfish and not do anything for anybody until after the first of the year.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Myron's Mom ~ Very sweet of you to replace the zipper. I hate doing that; therefore, I don't do that. Hope that's not FLW!

I did some brainstorming in my stash yesterday to find additional fabrics to coordinate with a fat quarter bundle I purchased the other day (for a quilt), and additional fabric and pattern ideas for a table topper to coordinate with a new tablecloth I got. This morning I ordered more of the table topper fabric so that I can make matching napkins. The tablecloth needed to be re-sized to fit our dining room table, so I did that, and it's now in use. I also got all the stash fabrics that I had drug out put back where they belong. The table topper and napkins will have to wait until Christmas gifts are made, so I seriously doubt I will have them for this year's use. The quilt will wait quite a while, I'm sure. I have at at least 3 OTHER fabric combos for potential quilts. Sometimes I raid some of the fabrics for other projects. They are "resources". LOL

Today I hope to make significant progress on the machine embroidery finishing of the calendar motifs and perhaps start on the do-it-all bins for DSonsIL.

I'm close to the end of my yarn for the vest/shrug for Iris. I wish I had more yarn but this will probably be okay. I'm not going to be abale to knit the shawl-ish collar as big as the pattern calls for unless I find more yarn (in the same dye lot ... not likely), or use some other coordinating yarn which would form a border-look which might be okay.