Crafters Challenge November 29th---December 5th, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello!

Lots of crafting last week sounds like was done. And planning for 2021!

I need to order some vanilla beans to start my vanilla for 2021 Christmas. Don't need 11 or 12 months but I like to start it in January or February and let it sit. And shake shake it.

I got some stuff done and other stuff is purchased and containers washed and waiting for Teigan to come help with some. She asked me to wait for her to help. She remembers what I do every year.

Will put my list up that I have been carrying over so I can keep track of it.

***Done

***********Lotion--Teigan wants to help with************

Kitchen Boas

Reindeer Feed-- Teigan helps with these and she takes some to her classmates-----Just have to print out sayings and attach. Bags are 3/4ths done.

************Ornaments---1 of the ornaments I have about 20 made and the other one I am doing are half done. Just finish the edges and put twine on. Other ornaments are done and just the twine needs on.***********

Pillows

*************Seasoning Salt--Teigan wants to help****************

*********Teigan's poster---Done and all gifts wrapped--will drop on porch Sunday maybe********

**************Magnets----just need the the twine around the edge and magnet on back. Some I like without the twine.****************

A friend wants a couple jar openers made for gifts

Pocket Prayers--I got some done but tabling the rest for next year---I think. I was going to make some for the branches where I work but the party is cancelled (I wasn't sure I was going when they called to get a total. Knew Allen wouldn't and told them I wasn't sure yet,)

What is anybody trying to finish up?

Last edited:

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Early start! I need it!

Although I have a very busy out-of-the-house week, despite COVID, I hope to accomplish some crafting at home as well. I should be able to finish the decoupage candle holder tomorrow (one more coat of Odicoat to apply). I want to find fabrics for a couple of future projects (Frozen II Northuldra shawl for Julia, and Christmas Li'l Twister Wreath table topper for me). A couple calendar-envelope gifts should be fairly easy to complete; maybe a CCS BD card for a friend. Probably not this week but still on the list: Sock monkey, do-it-all bin; lefse cozy; craft totes and drawers inventory. I will have some car travel time, also, that could involve some knitting when I figure out my next project ... a prayer shawl or an afghan.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lucy ~ Great job! Relax with a cup of egg nog!

I stayed up a bit late last night to get the calendar-envelope-cards ready for gifting. They are self-addressed, stamped envelopes for our DGDs to send us letters. I gave some to Iris years ago. I don't remember getting many back, but she said she ran out ... probably lost LOL.

I have a play-date with Kathy today. We're going to do some craft shopping. I need to get fabric for a lefse cozy for DD and see what I can find in fabric for a Frozen II shawl for Julia. Oh, and maybe some Christmas fabric for a table topper for me.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Just darling AJ!

Finally made it to Joann’s. Bought 3 shades of solid blue fabric there and another shade at the quilt shop. Couldn’t decide in the stores which one is the best for my quilt. Will let my husband decide for me lol. Got some other fabric for another quilt at the little shop. And part of a mail order came today. Will be washing fabric tomorrow. Resisted the urge to order some quilt patterns.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Some how I got caught up in making snowmen out of salt and pepper shakers. I’ve been moving them around since mom died. Not sure why I didn’t get rid of them. I’ve never used them. Mom would be glad I
did something with them. Used stuff I had in my sewing room. The really really cute snowman is part of my annalee collection.
75CD3913-D86F-4E19-9342-456372C0BA96.jpegDD2A3181-272F-4E55-A004-756085743F2E.jpeg9DB5EA8E-A4B5-4BF4-B0A1-53680F21274E.jpeg

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Oh my, Myron's Mom, those are adorable! Yes, your DMom is smiling!

I need to get my crafting mojo in high gear today!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Cleaned up after the snowmen. Such a mess lol. Glitter everywhere.
Finally finished the ornament I’ve been playing with. It turned out ok. I may re do it at some point. Cut fabric for 6 more ornaments. I can play with them during the evenings.