Crafters Challenge Oct. 16th-23rd

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello Ladies!

I would like to welcome sierramtns to the boards!!! I love the pumpkins that you posted the link to. We love to have new crafters join us and hear what they are doing.

Yesterday my aim was to go get wooden beads so I could work on necklaces at aunt Ims when I go in the evening but she decided to go to the beauty shop after all and to eat out so the craft shop closes at 1 and I couldn't get there.

This week I HAVE to work on baby shower stuff. It is a week from today and I have to do bibs and burp rags. Nothing that takes long just have to get the time to do it. And a clear spot to work!!!!!!!

Waiting to hear what everybody else is working on!

Carol and Supermom should be having or had a show?!?

Happy Crafting week all!

sierra_mtns

Retire Member
Oct 9, 2011
I finished my pumpkin!!!! And it's cute!!!! I picked the wrong time to do it with my very energetic 3 year old DGD needing Dora or Diego every 20 minutes. I kept telling her "hot, hot, hot" and keeping her at one end of the room and the hot glue gun at the other.

Then I went through all the crafting supplies and put the Christmas stuff in one canvas tote bag (about the size of a duffel bag). Assembled one UFO and have started it.

I want to make this for the door but I have to go in search of Indian corn. There wasn't any at the stores this weekend, so I'm going to try the local pumpkin patch and the feed store:
http://www.bhg.com/decorating/seasonal/fall/modern-fall-wreath-ideas/#page=6

I hope everyone has a good week getting crafts done this week.

dreamto

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
I have a UFO from 5 years ago. It is a baby quilt that I was so gung ho to start and then I found out how HARD the pattern actually was. SO....now the baby isn't a baby anymore....This is going to be repurposed for myGGS2 for Christmas. I need a few more days to work on it and it will be complete. Hoping to take some time this week to finish it.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Sewing:
[] Dollie Blanket with yellow ribbon
[] Dollie blanket with wine ribbon
[] Dollie blanket with pink polka dot ribbon
[][][][][][][][][] Tree decorations
[][][] Finish Crayon rolls (the ones I've already cut - I now need to cut another 4!!)
[][][] Cut and sew 3 reusable shopping totes
[] Hanging pouch for DD's books beside bed
[] Hanging pocket for DD's bedhead
[] Pillowcase to match duvet cover for DD's bed
[] 2 big cushions for DD's floor
[][][][][] Cushion covers (2 are 20" and 3 are 16")
[][][][] Lavendar pouches
[][][] Stockings for DH, PIL
[] A "My first dollie"
[][][][] Dollie clothes sets
[] Handbag
[][] Christmas PJs
[] Gardening bag
[] Gardening Apron
[] "Owl" handbag
[] Satchel bag

Cross-stitch and decorative handsewing:
[/] Holly tree decoration - continue working on this
[] Candle tree decoration - will only start this once the holly is done
[] Finish gingerbread man tree decoration
[] Finish stocking tree dectoration

Knitting:
[/] Lap blanket - another inch done (I'll get there eventually)
[] Sleeveless jumper for DD

Papercraft:
[][][][][][][][][][] Make Cards (only need another half dozen or so, as I have a fwe shop ones from last year, but would be nice to make enough for all)
[][][][] Make bookmarks
[][] Make holders for garden labels

Kitchen:
[] Start limoncello

I made some progress last week, and I put away a lot of materials over the weekend that I won't get to, so I can see more clearly what is left to do. My aim this week is to finish the crayon rolls, make the cushion covers and start on the items for DD's room. And maybe make a few more cards....

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I figured out the toe up cast on so DS might actually have a pair of home knit sox!

I'm also on the downside of the baby blanket for little cousin Sophia.

And I should start thinking about cards!

Cindasnow

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
Okay so I have a bookfair behind me and I think now my main focus can be on getting ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I have so much to do. I did get a few Christmas cards made this weekend so that was exciting.

This week:
()Halloween costume for dd9
()Halloween costume for dd5
()hairbows for Christmas bazzarr in two weeks
()finish grandmother's quilt
()baby doll clothes for niece
Make final Christmas gift craft list and make plan

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Glad to see you all posting!

I love that wreath! We normally grow the little and big Indian Corn along with strawberry and blue small corn but this year the garden was a bust! Little ones move so fast when we have those glue guns around.

Dreamto--WTG working on the UFO! Love that you are finishing it. You can do it! Glad to see you on the thread.

Cindanow--I have to get working too!

Debbie, WTG on the soxs. Those sound so warm!!! Have you tried a basket yet? I think of that project often, but just have looked at napkins and that is as far as I get.

WingedOne--you are working your list down some.

Last night mom and I decided a different way to do my necklaces. Besides the wooden beads will use pom poms. Will post pictures when done. Someday.....the way my time is going!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I finally finished the soxs for the shower for Sunday. Just crocheting beads onto the top but that is done. Now need to do bibs and burp rags. Will post a picture on blog even tho you all have seem them before since I do them for all baby girls coming.

FEELS very good to have FINALLY finished something!!!!!

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Wow, everyone is so productive! I'm lucky to get ten minutes to craft out of the day.

I bought my daughter a doll for her birthday only to find the outfits cost $20-$30 each! This week I'm going to try to knit a little red snowsuit for her.

sierra_mtns

Retire Member
Oct 9, 2011
I should not surf the net when I'm on break or at lunch. I found a wonderful craft idea that I'm going to make for DMIL for her birthday. Both of her GGDs were born within 48 hours of her birthday and if I get Sarah's footprints and Amy's footprints, then I can make butterflies for DMIL's bedroom to hang by the door to the bathroom. I've scheduled time with Sarah's parents and Amy's parents at Christmas so I can get their feet painted and make the prints. I will be ready before DMIL's birthday in April.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...07811456.22240.119825421424458&type=3&theater